Sales Interview Questions
Posted in the Sales Forum
“Sales Coach & Business Coach”
Since: Jun 08
#1 Apr 21, 2009
Sales Interview Questions from:
I have posted interview questions for various sales positions below. These questions will be helpful when interviewing a sales professional of any level. Example position titles that these interview questions may be helpful for are:
Sales Representative, Sales Executive, Account Manager, Account Executive, Sales Manager, District Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Director of Sales, VP of Sales.
What are your long term professional goals? And short term goals?
What do you do personally for your professional development?
What did you do this past weekend?
What kind of goals motivate you the best?
What is your greatest dream?
What was your most significant personal accomplishment?
What would you say your one or two biggest failures or mistakes were in life? What did you learn from them?
What are you passionate about?
What fulfills you?
What are your top values?
Work Ethic Questions:
Tell me about your last three days at work. Please fill me in from start to finish each day.
Tell me about an experience that demonstrates your work ethic.
What was your most significant professional accomplishment and what did it take to achieve it?
What were your goals for the past three years and did you meet them?
What is the reason for your past success?
Objection Handling Questions:
How do you overcome buyer objections?
How do you handle price objections?
What do you say when the prospect says everything looks good, except the price?
What do you say when the prospect says send me some information?
Sales Process and Sales Cycle Questions:
What do you like and dislike about the sales process and why?
What type of sales cycle is most rewarding to you? A long cycle for a large ticket item or smaller and more frequent sales.
Describe a time where you used a creative approach to meeting a sales goal or making a sale?
What is your process to qualify your prospects?
What do you do to generate leads?
How do you ask for a referral?
Intangible Sales Skills Questions:
Describe a situation with a client or prospect where you made a mistake. How did you handle the error?
What do you think are the most important skills in succeeding in sales?
What are your top three open-ended questions for initial sales calls?
What are your 3 greatest sales strengths or gifts?
What do you see as the key skills in opening new partnerships?(Closing)
Since: Jun 10
#2 Jul 22, 2010
I agreed with you. Any way, your ideal make me thinking about some thing for my project.
Please try to keep posting. Tks and best regards
Since: Nov 11
Hai Phong, Vietnam
#3 Nov 20, 2011
Let me add some sales interview questions:
1. Tell me about yourself?
2. Why did you leave your last job?
3. What are your career goals for Sales?
4. What is your greatest weakness?
5. What kind of salary are you looking for Sales?
6. Why do you think you would do well Sales?
7. What motivates you to do your best on the Sales?
8. How would you know you were successful on this Sales?
9. Do you think you are overqualified for Sales?
10. What do you think are the most important skills in succeeding in sales?
11. Sell me this pen?
12. What have you learned from your past jobs that related to Sales?
13. Where would you like to be in 3 years? 5 years?
14. What made you choose to apply to Sales?
15. What are key tasks for Sales?
Since: Nov 11
Hai Phong, Vietnam
#4 Nov 27, 2011
Continue my last post...
16. How to do each Sales position task/function?
17. How to control each task/function of Sales? Etc
18. What are top 3 skills for Sales?
19. How to measure job performance of your position: Sales?
20. What do you know about the position of your Sales position?
21. Describe two or three major trends in your field?
22. Did you choose this profession/field?
23. What tertiary qualifications have you attained that related to Sales?
24. What is the most recent skill you have learned that related to Sales?
( Source- Sales interview questions and answers- http://interviewquestionsandanswers.biz/sales... )
#5 Dec 5, 2011
Since: Oct 11
#6 Dec 19, 2011
Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.
Tks again and pls keep posting.
Apart from that, you also can ref more resources at: http://typicalinterviewquestions.info/medical...
Since: Feb 12
#7 May 12, 2012
Thanks for your link. It's useful for our community.
Same material can be found at : http://www.humanresources.hrvinet.com/executi...
I hope it's useful for you and you like it. Please continue sharing more information at this topic.
Add your comments below
|Bank of America Cuts This High Profile Name (Mar '13)||Jun 28||integrity watch||5|
|Arrest of Pharma Executive on Federal Kickback ... (Nov '15)||May '16||BIG SUGAR||2|
|Nevada Solar Power Business Struggles To Keep T...||Apr '16||Solarman||1|
|Summer Must Have New arrivals Updated!!!||Apr '16||cindy||1|
|Vivus Wins FDA Approval (Aug '12)||Mar '16||AlexXXXLL||14|
|Ka-ching! Cash registers may be ringing in sale... (Apr '13)||Jan '16||WTF||3|
|The after service ofBvlgari silver jewelry (Jan '16)||Jan '16||monica888||1|
Find what you want!
Search Sales Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC