Thomas & Betts acquisitions lead to m...

Thomas & Betts acquisitions lead to more Jonesboro, Ark., workers

There are 25 comments on the Bizjournals story from Jan 21, 2008, titled Thomas & Betts acquisitions lead to more Jonesboro, Ark., workers. In it, Bizjournals reports that:

Memphis Business Journal - by Andy Ashby Memphis-based Thomas & Betts Corp. is hiring 50-60 more workers at its Jonesboro plant as a result of the company's recent acquisitions. via Bizjournals

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bizjournals.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Whatashame

Erie, PA

#1 Jan 23, 2008
Big Deal - They laid-off 50-60 workers at the Lamson-Sessions plants that they acquired and shipped some machinery to Jonesboro, Arkansas
so they could hire 50-60 people there.

This company said "we will not make mass changes to the organization"!! You've got to be kidding me.

They're getting ready to tear apart the Beachwood, Ohio headquarters of Lamson any day now!! Best of luck to all!!
Dudley

Lake Charles, LA

#2 Jan 23, 2008
Whatashame wrote:
This company said "we will not make mass changes to the organization"!! You've got to be kidding me.
News Flash: Corporations always lie, and so do the politicians who serve them. While the right wing has spent the last 50 years making the public panic about how evil the government is, they've been distracting us from the class warfare being waged by the private sector. Anyone who trusts a corporation is an idiot.
Aside from that little observation, thanks for letting us Jonesborians steal your jobs. We'll enjoy living high on the hog for a while until they send the jobs to Mexico. But Ohio and Arkansas are both red states, so we deserve the rotten deals we have in store.
Jonesboro Guy

Tupelo, MS

#4 Feb 1, 2008
It's all about the union If your not in one they will make you think your job is safe and if you are in one they will move your Jobs some where like Jonesboro or Mexico where the labor is cheap...

Always remember you get what you pay for... T&B is all about the money and don't give a S@$T about the people..

Jonesboro plant will be next you wait and see....

NEXT STOP MEXICO.......
frustrated

Memphis, TN

#6 Jul 15, 2008
T & B accurired Lamson and sessions, the lamson plants where union, they took the machines they wanted laid abunch of people off at the factories and wearhouses and now they have decided to sell the plants.. Allot more than 50 people lost their jobs in this deal.
They moved all the machines to Ark, and now they are scratching their heads because they have no idea how to make them work...
cowgirl

United States

#8 Jul 17, 2008
frustrated wrote:
T & B accurired Lamson and sessions, the lamson plants where union, they took the machines they wanted laid abunch of people off at the factories and wearhouses and now they have decided to sell the plants.. Allot more than 50 people lost their jobs in this deal.
They moved all the machines to Ark, and now they are scratching their heads because they have no idea how to make them work...

My husband works there,and they sure do work all the time.OT every weekend.Always behind on production,machines torn up,ect.
On the other hand,it's good to even have a job to go to in this economy. sounds like a bunch of temps talking,or some layoffs from T&B maybe.
cynical old man

United States

#9 Jul 18, 2008
if you think the economy is bad now just wait about 2 years. you will be standing in line for food. and that dosent matter who they elect. bush has no real power , he just passes the baton to the next guy they have picked out. thay are all puppets to the industrial military complex that eisenhower warned us about.
cynical old man

United States

#10 Jul 18, 2008
infowars.com there is a war on for your mind.
tanzinika

United States

#11 Jul 18, 2008
cynical old man wrote:
if you think the economy is bad now just wait about 2 years. you will be standing in line for food. and that dosent matter who they elect. bush has no real power , he just passes the baton to the next guy they have picked out. thay are all puppets to the industrial military complex that eisenhower warned us about.
I believe the Bible talks about that,but,don't think anyone but God has the timeline correct on it.
tanzinika

United States

#12 Jul 18, 2008
frustrated wrote:
Not so.THey are already running them.They are running them on all 3 shifts so they're doing SOMETHING.
T&B already has plants in Mexico,and in China.
ANd T&B
barely something

Memphis, TN

#13 Jul 18, 2008
coming from the plant. a majority of the machines are running and running on 3 shifts. And these jobs here did cost the jobs at where they moved from. But they were able to relocate to jb. a few did. and them few are about the only ones who know how they run... BARELY. this factory is the only tnb factory not laying off. if they did the temps would be the first to go and they'd freeze hiring. not the case. an opinion, Lamson and sessions is a potential downfall when the parts that are currently being made hit the market.
HBMayor

Enterprise, AL

#14 Jul 18, 2008
barely something wrote:
hit the market.
UNICOR next stop

“"Ignorance is bliss" lol”

Since: Jul 08

Newport/Harrisburg

#15 Jul 21, 2008
Hey all you T & B employees....Any of you know Lee who works for Vickers? I'd love to get ahold of him and I don't know how! He knew my Dad
Harmon

Daleville, AL

#16 Jul 23, 2008
tanzia wrote:
<quoted text> the Bible talks about
Which printing? There are several editions. A Bible ?
ranchmama

United States

#17 Jul 24, 2008
Most any Bible translation I've read.Revelation.Last book of the bible.
tb ployee

Memphis, TN

#18 Jul 24, 2008
ParagouldMommy wrote:
Hey all you T & B employees....Any of you know Lee who works for Vickers? I'd love to get ahold of him and I don't know how! He knew my Dad
I talked with a person in shipping and they said "we used to have a driver named that but he quit to go to work at fed ex"

“"Ignorance is bliss" lol”

Since: Jul 08

Newport/Harrisburg

#19 Jul 24, 2008
tb ployee wrote:
<quoted text>
I talked with a person in shipping and they said "we used to have a driver named that but he quit to go to work at fed ex"
Aww That stinks Lol Thanks for checking though! That was really sweet!:D
ployee

Memphis, TN

#20 Jul 24, 2008
its no problem. i try not work to much up here.
Christopher Smith

Richmond, KY

#21 Sep 4, 2008
Whatashame wrote:
Big Deal - They laid-off 50-60 workers at the Lamson-Sessions plants that they acquired and shipped some machinery to Jonesboro, Arkansas
so they could hire 50-60 people there.
They're getting ready to tear apart the Beachwood, Ohio headquarters of Lamson any day now!! Best of luck to all!!
I worked at Lamson & Sessions corporate office as a Manager of Manufacturing Support for a few years. It is a shame how our corporate executives lied and took their millions and ran. I am glad I found another job a couple months before they sold to T&B. My heart goes out to all the "Great" workers at all the blue box/pipe plants that lost their jobs! I hope the executives can't sleep at night. I guess money wins again!
still waiting

United States

#22 Nov 19, 2008
I work at the Jonesboro plant and I would like to thank you all for the jobs. We figured out the machines.
Confused

Davenport, IA

#23 Sep 19, 2009
frustrated wrote:
I think some of you dont have your facts straight. The pipe plants have lost money for years. Lamson has wanted to unload them for a while but couldnt find a buyer. They only made money on the fittings for them. The blue box factories are still alive but leaner because of the down turn in the economy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rubber-Plastics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stephen Myers, former P.S.1 charter school prin... (Aug '12) May 20 Connie Durant 10
The 18th China Plastics Exhibition &Conference ... Feb '18 Apple Hu 1
News Goodyear Tire recalls Eagle RS-A 18" TIRES (Feb '09) Oct '17 Daniel 14
News Eastman Chemical cutting up to 300 jobs, reduci... (Mar '09) Sep '17 kim kardashian su... 5
News Eastman Board Declares Dividend (Dec '07) Sep '17 Dagwood 4
News Companies to pay $151 million to residents of W... (Nov '16) Aug '17 tada 15
News NC starts Chemours investigation over GenX (Jun '17) Jul '17 Uh Oh 4