Decomposing body found in car at Wal-Mart parking lot -- Wal-Ma...

Apr 2, 2008 Read more: Orlando Sentinel 121
Orange County deputy sheriffs Wednesday night are investigating the death of a person found in a locked car in the parking lot of an east Orange County Wal-Mart , they said. Read more
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Sun and Fun

Falling Waters, WV

#5 Apr 2, 2008
Welcome to Orlando!
Tess

Wichita, KS

#8 Apr 2, 2008
Days? I want to know what they pay those guys who drive the little carts in the parking lots for, or have they discontinued that 'security' measure too so that the profits rise a bit more.
Diogenes

Leesburg, FL

#12 Apr 2, 2008
Urban Vigilante wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly why I don't shop at Wal-Mart. I'd rather spend the extra couple buck at Target and shop with a better socio-economic class of people.
I agree with you. It's just too dangerous around this particular Wal-mart especially at night. But the nearest Target to this place is almost as bad and it's getting worse as well.
Chris

Orlando, FL

#14 Apr 3, 2008
Tess wrote:
Days? I want to know what they pay those guys who drive the little carts in the parking lots for, or have they discontinued that 'security' measure too so that the profits rise a bit more.
I agree with your comment completly! And I dont understand why they go around and notice the same car parked in the parking lot! The gentleman that they found was my uncle. Something should be said to Wal-Mart about their policy about this!
Joe

United States

#15 Apr 3, 2008
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your comment completly! And I dont understand why they go around and notice the same car parked in the parking lot! The gentleman that they found was my uncle. Something should be said to Wal-Mart about their policy about this!
Heard they found a bunch of parking lot fliers on the windshield too. Welcome to Wal-merica
Donna U

Satellite Beach, FL

#16 Apr 3, 2008
Well, this is my story.
Osteen WalMart has an old lady security guard who follows you around in the vegetable department. Everyone has seen those "security vehicles" in the parking lots supposedly "for their customer's safety." St. Cloud WalMart was recently evacuated. East Colonial WalMart had a decomposing body in the parking lot,(where was "security"?) And I just heard that in another WalMart, two women had filed a complaint regarding someone stalking them. Looks like it's not turning out to be a good year for WalMart. I guess it's true what they say, What goes up, must come down.
Eww

Sanford, FL

#18 Apr 3, 2008
This is why I hate East Orange County. Bleh.
SimpsonTruckDriv er

United States

#20 Apr 3, 2008
Look at everything - where they are made - in Target. Everything made in Target is made in Asia (primarily China) or India. The only difference between Target and WalMart is that WallyWorld charges less. For instance, a couple years ago, I bought a bedsheet set from Target, mainly because color was the priority. It was made of American cotton (400 threadcount, whatever that means), woven in Pakistan, and packaged in China. Even LINCOLN LOGS are now made in China and sold at both stores!
-Sick of it All-

Cary, NC

#22 Apr 3, 2008
Which Walmart was it? All it says was that it was in East Orlando.
Got my Goat

United States

#23 Apr 3, 2008
whos to blame...??? huh maggie??those old coot's who ride in those golf carts are really earning thier keep. glad to see the buggy collectors are doing a bang-up job. and what about the parking lot sweeper,?? or how about other shoppers?? what is wrong with this picture?

“I aim to misbehave”

Since: Mar 08

Boston Mass

#28 Apr 3, 2008
-Sick of it All- wrote:
Which Walmart was it? All it says was that it was in East Orlando.
I believe it's the superstore on Colonial near Alafaya. I can't think of another Walmart on Colonial in that part of town.

“"DNFTT"”

Since: Feb 08

Oviedo, FL

#30 Apr 3, 2008
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very sorry for your loss Chris
Sid

Orlando, FL

#31 Apr 3, 2008
Are people truely going to rely on Wal Mart security when something goes wrong in the parking lot? The guy in that security vehicle is 90 years old for crying out loud. The best that you can hope for when you're mugged at Wal Mart, is that the security guy might hear your screams and call the real police.
Jamie D

Sanford, FL

#33 Apr 3, 2008
This is ridiculous ...how can a man decompose at Wal-Mart. For some those are not familiar with that area... That Wal-Mart sadly is like a meeting place...everyone is always there 24 hrs a day regardless of store hours...Which I believe are 24 hrs anyway. But regardless it is amazing that society today can totally ignore the obvious! I have gone to Wal-Mart at 3 in the morning and saw people that I have not seen in years….I am sorry but I can’t get over the amount of selfish self centered people there are in this world. I am a New Yorker so everyone knows that we are considered to be in our own world at times, but really I would have never walked by a specious car, and especially if I was a worker. It is scaring that we are consider the best country in the world, because honestly how our society is going …state your own opinion I have mine!
gil

Daytona Beach, FL

#38 Apr 3, 2008
I remember about a year ago a converstaion I had with a walmart employee(JY and Sandlake) about some cars that looked abandoned. He said one in particular had been sitting in the same spot for over a year. I wonders whats in the trunk of that one?
orlando native

United States

#39 Apr 3, 2008
Kaylee42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it's the superstore on Colonial near Alafaya. I can't think of another Walmart on Colonial in that part of town.
That is the west side of town.
-Sick of it All-

Cary, NC

#42 Apr 3, 2008
Deputies do not suspect foul play????? Wtf???? The guy has been missing since Friday and was found dead and decomposing in a car trunk in a Walmart parking lot!!! We have some real brainiacs in the sheriff's department!
Glad to be gone

United States

#43 Apr 3, 2008
Orlando Native -
Ocoee is the West Side...
Alafaya is the East side.... Near the puppy mill, and the PBS tv station...
bronco fan 1990

Tallahassee, FL

#45 Apr 3, 2008
that's what happens when you shop at walmart!
Oh no

Tallahassee, FL

#48 Apr 3, 2008
Everyone... someone lost a life here and all you can talk about is WalMart and their employees?
Racism still exists in this sad nation. It's just too bad the majority is uneasy about becoming the minority. We're here to stay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Retail Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.S. corporations pressure two states accused o... 1 hr NorCal Native 785
News eBay Names Three Executives to Key Leadership P... 9 hr Philip Cohen 3
News More than 1,000 pack Westbury school to oppose ... 14 hr blacksky410 2
News Corporate Greed Profile: Lowes CEO, Robert A. N... (Nov '09) Apr 15 lowes spec 108
News a Forever 21 expands plus-size, men, girls line... Apr 15 Vib_Ram 5
News Lancaster toddler drowns in backyard pool (Mar '08) Apr 15 Adjex 4
News Asheville Outlets announces 4 new stores Apr 15 paul jarvis 1
More from around the web