Danbury's Delavinia's Deli takes top ...

Danbury's Delavinia's Deli takes top chili prize

There are 12 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Feb 24, 2009, titled Danbury's Delavinia's Deli takes top chili prize. In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

Educated in restaurant kitchens since he was 5 years old, Danbury resident Demetrios Laylos Jr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

Hey Now

Deep River, CT

#1 Feb 25, 2009
OK,if I'm going to eat his food I gotta know...What's the illness he suffers from?
solutions

Wallingford, CT

#2 Feb 25, 2009
Delavinia's Deli, located at 2 East Hayestown ; I know where i'm going for lunch . BRING ON THE CHILLI !!!
ran out

New Haven, CT

#3 Feb 25, 2009
Congrats. Too bad all the chili (except for the Y's) was gone by 2 pm. Gone and all cleaned up. How did anyone get to sample? The program was running until 4 pm...
Dominic

Burlington, VT

#4 Feb 25, 2009
Amazing what you can do with rat, cat and dog meat.
Henry

Burlington, VT

#6 Feb 25, 2009
I AM THE CHAMPION wrote:
<quoted text>
you can smoosh it all together and teach it how to post on here, apparently.
THANK YOU! I AM THE WINNER!
Sorry, there are no winners on these posts. Everyone is a loser with nothing else to do,including me.
Taco Bell

West Hartford, CT

#10 Feb 25, 2009
With the vast numbers of illegals in Danbury, it's no wonder they are having ethnic contests like this. Soon you will all be eating chimichangas, burritos and drinking Corona 24-7.
ILLEGAL N LOVIN IT

Danbury, CT

#11 Feb 25, 2009
Taco Bell wrote:
With the vast numbers of illegals in Danbury, it's no wonder they are having ethnic contests like this. Soon you will all be eating chimichangas, burritos and drinking Corona 24-7.
Chili is "ethnic" now?

maybe you should start a white bread and fried baloney contest?
ILLEGAL N LOVIN IT

Danbury, CT

#13 Feb 25, 2009
so anyway like I was saying...chili is basically an American dish. Nothing "ethnic" about it at all.
Sammy

Burlington, VT

#14 Feb 26, 2009
Is this guy a legal citizen?
chili today hot tamale

Danbury, CT

#15 Feb 26, 2009
Sammy wrote:
Is this guy a legal citizen?
Is this "Sammy" a high school drop out?
Dr Phil

Montpelier, VT

#16 Feb 26, 2009
Demitri has top notch food in his deli, he recently scored 94 on an inspection. On top of all this he is a super nice guy. Stop in you won't be disappointed. Everything including the salads are made fresh.
STARCHILD

Poughkeepsie, NY

#17 Jan 31, 2013
His food is amazing. And it even more amazing we can gater and hold events like such. The first settles to this land were the Mexican and he is Greek. I am from NY and that is what makes it so beautiful that we have so much to chose from when dining. Get cultured!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Retail Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge's brother, a convicted murderer, is back ... (Mar '08) 3 hr flbadcatowner 84
News Dollar General faces new lawsuit (Aug '06) Tue Lefty 986
News Wal-Mart adds insurance coverage for transgende... Mon GrowUp 1
News Landlords looking as Fortunoff stores prepare t... (Mar '09) Dec 4 Vickie 17
News Home Depot worker's 'America Was Never Great' h... (May '16) Dec 3 Well Well 35
News Office Depot Inc. (ODP) Cut to "Hold" at Zacks ... Nov 18 U_like_to_know_88 1
News Walmart Keeps Us Waiting Online Nov 18 Anonymous 1
More from around the web