Restaurants Get a Taste of Economic D...

Restaurants Get a Taste of Economic Downturn

There are 287 comments on the www.findingdulcinea.com story from Oct 14, 2008, titled Restaurants Get a Taste of Economic Downturn. In it, www.findingdulcinea.com reports that:

American restaurants are seeing a sharp decline in consumers and sales as the credit crisis continues.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.findingdulcinea.com.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Jagununda Burundi

Boone, NC

#300 Oct 19, 2008
No east africa but this name is a country from middle africa. I am indian. But noone can pronounce this name when my family is to immigration so we take this name because it will sound like a word that can be pronounced easy by the english. So, I see that nobody has logic argument for me but only bad names for me like moron. These names do not hurt me because I have made good and intelligent arguments. Maybe this man from london which is supposed not prjudice can explain to us what is the percent of british governement that is black as compared to white? I will take this US governmetn that will have many blacks in the government.

“It's a dog's life”

Since: Jan 08

Amish Country

#301 Oct 19, 2008
reza june wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi 3 Dog, this guy is a phony, he pretends to lack command of the English language, but his sentence structure and vocabulary proves otherwise, his misspelling of words seems intentional.
I was having a nice Sunday, until this guy tries to twist the intent of my previous post to you into a accusatory racial rant, he is what we would call a race baiter by trying to provoke an angry response to prove himself right.
He is disingenuous, and not worthy of a rebuttal.
From the sound of his screen name I'm guessing that he is from East Africa!
I was thinking the same thing you said about his being a fake. It would seem that someone who's lived in the United States for 15 years would have a better understanding of life here including what's proper to say and what's not. He certainly should have a better command of the English language.

Anyways, I hope you have a good evening.
Jagununda Burundi

Boone, NC

#302 Oct 19, 2008
I must say that I look with disbelief at this person who accuses others of intolerance and shouting down. This person makes humor of an immigrant english, at opinions that are not the same as her opinion and cultures that are not hers. If a person is not the same as her, she tells them that they are not intelligents and will tell them to go away. This is what I say that this person can not see her own actions but only judges that action of another person not identical to her. And this person always find a way to blame somebody else like a government politician.
Raj

Torrance, CA

#303 Nov 7, 2008
Can we go to the Tamil resturant now?

Can we go to the Japanese resturant now?

Can we go to the Morrocoan resturant now?

Why not? cause the waiter said that we have to leave...

You mean the country, maybe...

I think he meant the store.

We have to now, it is the American thing to do.
what

Somerset, KY

#304 Nov 7, 2008
u cannot own me wrote:
Just think of all of the smokers who are retired and not in the economy pinch who says to hell with restaurants (chains) because of smoking bans I can afford it but no smoke no go
Sad you won't have any company to take with you to the oxygen tent?

I smoked for over 20 years and in that time never felt the need to push my addiction (And no, it's not a habit.) onto others who weren't OK with it. Even during the last years I smoked outside at home. I say last years because I'm now quit. It's nice not setting fire to a 100 or so bucks every month.
Church Slave

Seattle, WA

#305 Nov 8, 2008
Jagununda Burundi wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious that you only speak but do not listen. I have heard so many as yourself to observe american but it is always cursory. You make no investigation yourself. Have you asked the black if they enjoy the worship and music culture at the white church? Do you ever go to a business meeting in the US where there are all cultures present? Do you look at our government as compared to Europe - we have many elected from many cultures in Washington DC. But I will watch the european governments and they are all white psople. So you only get your infomation through your own prejudice eyes. Black and other culture have no better place on the earth than the US. France? How many blacks in their government? England, how many blacks in their government? In france the black man is welcome to sell suvenir in front of the eiffel tower but is not allowed in government.
I have noticed the same thing.
America allows its citizens a greater opportunity to serve in government.
I don't know why people are angry with you for saying this.
Welcome to America

Since: May 13

Brisbane, Australia

#306 May 21, 2013
Free advertising for Brisbane restaurants [no catch]. Go to

--> http://www.guidetobrisbane.com

Make a listing and type in "ilovebrisbane" as the coupon code. It gives you $79.00 - enough for a premium listing for 3 months

Great for restaurants/coffee clubs/bars etc.

Enjoy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Restaurant Management Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paycheck Sat Joe T 1
News No Soup For You: Man upset after restaurant run... Apr 26 DILF 36
Calling all restaurant Owners and Managers, hel... Apr 21 scole18 1
News Restaurant consortium bringing owners together ... (Jan '08) Apr 20 Donna 19
Avoid The Eagle's Nest in Bloomingburg, NY (Sep '10) Apr 17 Djm 48
Restaurant Grading Policy Apr 12 AnthonyWong234 1
News Local investors wanted for proposed new restaurant Apr 10 jack maxtoin 5
More from around the web