Victim's family endorses plea deal for Antioch chef

Full story: Daily Herald

David P. Maish, 40, of Spring Grove, has been sentenced to 18 months in jail when he is not working or going to treatment and is required to serve 30 months on probation.
Comments
161 - 166 of 166 Comments Last updated Monday Jul 21
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
fox lake resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>This is just food for thought. One David is a non violent offender and it was his first time. In the boating accident I believe he was a repeat offender of some kind and the kid's aunt is a state representative and has some judicial connections that got the defendant to serve a stiffer sentence and also since it was a boating accident they are trying to send a message that boats will be treated like cars when it involves a DUI.
And the family has sued fox water way agency and spring lake marina which is ridiculous. Accidents happen unfortunately but you can't blame a marina. I could see fox water way have stricter guild lines like zero drinking and driving but how is it their fault that the child was killed?
mary roberts

Evanston, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

It is good he is remorseful. It is also good the family is understanding and forgiving. None of this should matter when it comes to protecting the public at large from a drunk driver. Reckless homicide resulting from driving drunk is not an accident. An accident is an event that is not planned or intended : an event that occurs by chance. David's excessive drinking to the point of being drunk did not happen by chance. He mostly likely planned to drink and likely did not plan to find an alternate means of transportation without putting us all at risk. None of the actions of him or anyone else involved in a DUI accident happens by chance.Prosecutors and judges should consider the wishes of the victim's family in plea deals, however their first obligation must be to protect the public
Resurfaced

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

http://newssun.suntimes.com/2014/07/15/antioc...

I was wondering why this thread resurfaced, now I see. I think he got off way too easy the first time, and by violating probation and getting shit-faced (look at the blood alcohol level), he remains a danger to the public. Did he drive himself to that probation check in? Is his "tearful remorse" because he's gonig to go back to jail?

Take away his license. Permanently.
Antioch Resident

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 20

jailmaish wrote:
HE KILLED SOMEBODY. why is he not in jail for a long time? when his business was in des plaines he had an affair with a married employee who has 2 children. david does not care about any body but david. it is an act keep himself out of jail. he was not sorry about breaking up that family in des plaines and i can't believe he's sorry about breaking up the balderos family.
It was a car crash. Sheesh, what, you want him to be in jail for 30 years? And why are you even posting on Antioch forum, you live in Arlington. There's probably a thousand other crap going on there. Oh yeah and I don't live in Pekin, my computer has tracking problems, I live in Antioch.
Antiocher

Lake Villa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 20

Antioch Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a car crash. Sheesh, what, you want him to be in jail for 30 years? And why are you even posting on Antioch forum, you live in Arlington. There's probably a thousand other crap going on there. Oh yeah and I don't live in Pekin, my computer has tracking problems, I live in Antioch.
It was a car crash in that he killed someone while driving with drugs in his system. He was given probation which he violated by continuing to abuse drugs and alcohol.
Resurfaced

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jul 21

Antioch Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Drugs, alcohol in his system and I believe they tracked his cell phone to show he was also texting when he hit and killed the man. And yes, I live in Antioch too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••