Last call at one Glendora restaurant will be a bit earlier if o...

Full story: San Gabriel Valley Tribune

After years of noise complaints and a night in June when minors were served liquor, the city is considering limiting the hours a Route 66 restaurant can serve liquor.
Comments
1 - 20 of 74 Comments Last updated Jul 9, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“NEVER ADRIFT OR AFFLICTED”

Since: Mar 09

S Arcadia, Next to Temple City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

Sounds to me like that place is a public nuisance and its operation should be strictly limited. Of course, the owner is going to cry like a baby.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

Top Turkey wrote:
Sounds to me like that place is a public nuisance and its operation should be strictly limited. Of course, the owner is going to cry like a baby.
what they need to is bring back The Shed and The Lounge.
MK ULTRA

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

nomorewirehangers wrote:
<quoted text>
Those places were lame!

Bring back the "Timbers" and all the punk rockers.
Another Glendora Mom

Duarte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

ABC and Police should really look into the Mediterrian Rest. located by Hunters Trail n Route 66. Drinks to minors, fights and littering the parking lot with cans of beers, fast food wrappers and unmentionables. Owners won't even clean up after themselves and think about other business in the contecting parking. Very sad.
Had enough

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

Funny, between 1986 and 1997, I made several complaint calls concerning "The Wheel" on Arrow hwy and Barranca. Since I lived very close by, it was sometimes intolerable. One time the officers who came by at 1:30 am only ended up yukking it up with the owners outside. My request was to have the bar at least close the backdoor. It is funny to me that Glendora Police only take care of complaints in certain areas in Glendora. The rest of us can eat sh*t.
Pin Heads laugh

Rowland Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

These four disgruntled and racists home owners have only the Glendora City Council to blame not the current restraunt owner.

These four home owners do not have any of their so called facts straight, i suggest before they all go off the deep end with their stupid comments they get a dose of reality and correct there facts before looking like idiots.
Wacki

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

What? I love Dan Danas! They have great hummus! And how come I didn't know about this club thing in June? I would of totally gone!
Served alcohol to minors? Damn they were very strict and professional when I went for my 25th birthday everyone in my party got carded....Well hopefully they don't get shut down!
Old Timer

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

"Its not Fair" BOO HOO,
Go buy a Taxi like all the other Towel Heads.

Bring back Rock City
Splendid

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

"The previous owner was cited three times between Oct. 2007 and Nov. 2009 by Alcohol Beverage Control" wow...ABC employees can travel through time!!!!!!!!!!
CPH

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

nomorewirehangers wrote:
<quoted text>
I loved the Lounge!! wooo
CPH

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

Had enough wrote:
Funny, between 1986 and 1997, I made several complaint calls concerning "The Wheel" on Arrow hwy and Barranca. Since I lived very close by, it was sometimes intolerable. One time the officers who came by at 1:30 am only ended up yukking it up with the owners outside. My request was to have the bar at least close the backdoor. It is funny to me that Glendora Police only take care of complaints in certain areas in Glendora. The rest of us can eat ****.
And the WHEEL...LOVE IT!! I miss Glendora :(
LDT

La Puente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

First the market for and the quality of fake I.D.'s is amazing ... So the problem continues and moves on .
Go Blue

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

I'm not suprised. It isn't fair to punish the current owner for the sins of the previous one...yet it is done over and over again. From the undertone of the story it sounds as if this one is personal. The owner must have done something to rile either Glendora PD or someone else within the city's employ. If they allow alcohol sales past 11 at other restaurants in the area than it only seems fair to allow them here (unless unreasonable conduct ensues during the time of the present ownership).
Larry Lickalttapous

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

Glendora is a VERY conservative town... I love it! Don't want it to be Pomona North.
Patches Ohoulihan

South Gate, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

this place would fit well in the City of Industry...or maybe Walnut, the new soon to be home of the NFL.
Another look

Rowland Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

It appears the actions taken inside Glendora, California's City Hall has caused another Lawsuit to be launched against the City of Glendora (again). This item or Lawsuit was to be reviewed in CLOSED SESSION by the Glendora City Council* August 11, 2009, wonder what happened in this CLOSED SESSION? Will the City PAY OFF the stupity by one or more of it's Managers or will they risk another Lawsuit to be drawn in to the media spot lights?
Either way it's going to cost the residents of Glendora, California I have heard rumors that one of the principal figures in this Lawsuit will RETIRE with a big fat retirement package for all of his hard work?

*Karen Davis, Ken Herman, Gary Clifford**, Douglas Tessitor and Gene Murabito.

**Athens waste haulers employee, double dipping at it's best.

Case Number: BC397537 KAREN SMITH VS CITY OF GLENDORA ET AL Filing Date: 09/03/2008

Case Type: Other Employment Complaint (General

Jurisdiction) Status: Pending

Future Hearings:

09/03/2009 at 08:30 am in department 41 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012 Motion for Summary Judgment

09/24/2009 at 08:30 am in department 41 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012 Final Status Conference

10/05/2009 at 08:30 am in department 41 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012 Jury Trial (7 DAY ESTIMATE)
in the know

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

The timbers, classic.Old hickory inn the best prime rib and corn fritters ever.
Conservative

Fresno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

How is it that Hookah smoking is allowed while tobacco products are illegal to smoke in a public establishment?Glendora is not a business friendly town and this owner wold be wise to move his business from the San Gabriel Valley and go to Nevada.
Conservative

Fresno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

CPH wrote:
<quoted text>
And the WHEEL...LOVE IT!! I miss Glendora :(
Loved the Wheel.
Conservative

Fresno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

in the know wrote:
The timbers, classic.Old hickory inn the best prime rib and corn fritters ever.
Loved Old Hickory Inn.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••