Typo could change fate of minimum wage proposal

A minimum wage increase may not be voted on in November because of a typo. After a community coalition in Albuquerque went around getting over 12,000 signatures, it may all be for nothing. Full Story
jake

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Sep 5, 2012
The typo was specifically intended to mislead voters in order to get enough signatures.

Now they intend to revert back to the original intent of the proposal.

Very clever by half Machiavellian attempt by the Left to subvert the democratic process.

For the progressive democrat communists this ends justify the means mentality is the best and only way they serve their monotheistic god - GOVERNMENT.
castro

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Sep 5, 2012
jake wrote:
The typo was specifically intended to mislead voters in order to get enough signatures.
Now they intend to revert back to the original intent of the proposal.
Very clever by half Machiavellian attempt by the Left to subvert the democratic process.
For the progressive democrat communists this ends justify the means mentality is the best and only way they serve their monotheistic god - GOVERNMENT.
You are correct, senior.
The democrats have crawled out of their Consequentialist/Proportionali st Slime looking like the Political Creature From the Black Lagoon.

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3 Sep 5, 2012
No, I think it was an error that all the organizers and over 12,000 signatories missed.
marcus

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Sep 5, 2012
Willothewisp wrote:
No, I think it was an error that all the organizers and over 12,000 signatories missed.
Your sarcasm is as bitterly sweet as it is true!
marcus

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Sep 5, 2012
Is it possible that the organizers of this minimum wage petition now want to have their cake and and eat it too?

Or do they just envy the cake of others and lust to eat it come hell, high water, or loss of their own soul.
more

Santa Fe, NM

#6 Sep 5, 2012
crp from the phony pollster

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7 Sep 6, 2012
That's what happens when you pay the proofreader minimum wage.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#8 Sep 6, 2012
Willothewisp wrote:
That's what happens when you pay the proofreader minimum wage.
Probably products of the APS<G>!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Restaurant Management Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Molokai restaurant owner slain Feb 10 mag guy 1
Too many sales calls? Feb 10 rjsherriff 1
A startup aiming to change the industry forever Feb 10 Business1556 1
Restaurant owner charged with felony assault (Apr '11) Feb 8 236rockaway 112
Comparisons of Without & With a POS system Feb 7 Jannisha 1
A bumpy maiden voyage for 'Fresh Off the Boat' Feb 6 THE NAHUA 1
Have you heard about EDENRED? Feb 5 romainflamand 1
More from around the web