Police: Del Taco Manager Stabbed In C...

Police: Del Taco Manager Stabbed In Chest By Robber

There are 18 comments on the KNBC Los Angeles story from May 11, 2008, titled Police: Del Taco Manager Stabbed In Chest By Robber. In it, KNBC Los Angeles reports that:

A restaurant manager was stabbed several times during a robbery at an Anaheim Del Taco , and a suspect was in jail Sunday, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNBC Los Angeles.

Mike

Lake Forest, CA

#1 May 11, 2008
Why is the victim punished for surviving?
Attempted murder should be the same as murder.
Kill Guzman.
That simple.
krissy

Reseda, CA

#2 May 11, 2008
the justice system is so corrupt, they'll just let him go after keeping him in jail for a few days and he'll be back out robbing and stabbing people somemore!
Myra

Yucaipa, CA

#4 May 11, 2008
I never thought my brother would be hated this much. I'm truely sorry for what he has done. I'm sorry all of you feel this way. I'm still in shock, he had never done anything to make people think he would just stabb someone so cold blooded. I am sooo sorry for the damaged he has caused. He was bipolar and yes he had problems, psycological problems but he was in denial. If anyone knows the victim please let her know that my entire family is truely sorry for the pain she is going through we truely are. I can't imagine what she must've went through seeing him do that to her....I am sooooo sorry and please believe we're hurting deeply ourselves, we never imagined he would have the mentality to do something sooooo low.... I know he couldn't have thought of it on his own, my family and I will do what we can to get to the bottom of everything, and he will get what he deserves.... All that's left for me to do is to pray for all her family and herself to someday somehow find it in their heart to forgive us....SORRY....
MARIA GUZMAN

Butler, PA

#5 May 12, 2008
ALL THE PEOPLE THAT MADE OR MAKE THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS. I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND BECAUSE IF THAT WOULDVE BEEN MY MOM I WOULDVE DIED. MY FAMILY APOLOGIZES IN THE NAME OF MY BROTHER JOSE TO THE LADY EDITH. MY FAMILY HAS HONESTLY BEEN TRYING TO REACH YOU TO APOLOGIZE AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS. I KNOW IT WAS CRUEL FOR JOSE TO ACT SO STUPIDLY BUT I ASK EVERYONE TO TAKE IN CONCIDERATION THAT MY BROTHER IS MENTALLY ILL. HE SUFFERS FROM EPILEPSY. HE STOPPED TAKING HIS MEDICATION OVER A LOSS OF HIS JOB AND HIS HOME. PLEASE FORGIVE JOSE FOR HE HAD NO IDEA WHAT HE WAS DOING. HE WAS BROUGHT INTO THIS WORLD WITH A DISEASE THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAKIN CARE OF A LONG TIME AGO. BELIEVE WHEN I SAY YOU CAN ASK NEIGHBORS FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS; THIS ISNT JOSE. THIS ISNT MY BROTHER. THIS IS HIS DISEASE.. HIS SICKNESS. AGAIN I APOLOGIZE BUT YOU PEOPLE ARE NOBODY TO JUDGE MY BROTHER. NOBODY!!!!!
ahm

Stanton, CA

#6 May 12, 2008
he turned him self in.stop giving the police all the credit.
Shining Starr

Pasadena, CA

#8 May 13, 2008
Mike wrote:
Kill Guzman.
That simple.
I have not seen anyone punish the victim here. You may have your own mental issues especially if you think you have the right to make that comment about who should be killed.

Thank god you don't make the laws.

And to the Guzman family:

my prayers are with you and your family. I know from experience that this is not an easy situation that you are in and you may encounter alot of threats from ignorant people that feel they know all in life and are perfect enough to cast Judgment on someone else, but until they have been through a similar situation they may never understand how sometimes in life situations happen. But as a family, we stand strong and all we can do is be there to help pick up the pieces and and remind them that they are not alone.

I hope the best for all involved.
nery

Buena Park, CA

#9 May 15, 2008
<size4>dum<colar red>
Xavier

Aurora, IL

#10 May 15, 2008
Jose was a dumb fool all he did was get drunk and high piece of garbage rott in jail because your a bozo your skank sisters don't even have enough money to help you the same with your lame supposed fiends (I mean friends)on dresden block I'll fly a kite make sure he get raped for what he did and stuck
JESSICA

Yucaipa, CA

#12 May 15, 2008
XAVIER:
YOURE NO ONE TO JUDGE THE GUZMAN FAMILY. YOU CANT EVEN SPELL. BESIDES IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE SOME PROBLEMS YOURSELF. HE AINT SHIT TO BE ALL UP ON UR MOUTH! Y DONT YOU STOP SMOKING AND STRT WORRYING ABOUT URSELF. KARMA IS A BITCH I JUST HOPE DIS NEVER HAPPENS TO YOU BCUZ TO THE PEOPLE IT DOES HAPPEN TO, DEY GOTTA STAY STRONG N LOOK FORWARD NOT BEHIND. YOU NEED SOME HELP YOURSELF FOOL.OBVIOUSLY YOU WERE AROUND ALL DOSE FOOLS UR TALKING SHIT ON IF U KNOW THIS MUCH STUPID.
GUZMAN FAMILY:
STAY STRONG AND DONT WORRY ABOUT WUT ANYBODY SAYS. PEOPLE ARE GONNA MAKE COMMENTS AND THEY AINT GONNA BE NICE BUT U GOTTA JUST WORRY ABOUT KEEPING EACHOTHER STRONG AND TOGETHER. GOD BLESS YOU. YOUR NOT ALONE.
Skin Job

Lake Forest, CA

#14 May 15, 2008
Mike wrote:
Kill Guzman.
That simple.
Ever tast Del Taco Food, it was probbly a demand for a refund that was refused, so the dude took matters into his own hands. Also dont' ever use a atm card at a del taco they charge 1.75 and your bank charges you another 3.50 on top of that. Its why I eat at Micky D's they dont' charge you for using your atm or credit card to buy their food.
Maybe Carl's jr and Del taco could learn something from this.
Diana Lopez

United States

#15 May 15, 2008
Honestly i never thought Jose would do something like this but i truely believe that wasnt him it was his disease just like his sister said. I knew him and his family from where i used to live and they are good people...his problems and his disease led him to do something so tragic and something he will probably regret for the rest of his life...please forgive him .. and hopefully the lady who suffered from this incident is okay...im so sorry.. and Mayra and Maria im truely sorry .. everything will turn out okay ....be hopeful

“Liberty Please”

Since: Mar 08

O C CA.

#16 May 16, 2008
The only thing that would benefit mankind is to put Mr. Guzman in a hospital and pick him apart.(literally), I mean use this as a case study to learn about his mental issues & what caused him to snap. If the family knew of his condition then shame on you for not having him committed to an institution before this happened.On a side note. Doesn't all of your computers have spell check?
Skin Job

Lake Forest, CA

#17 May 21, 2008
Full Throttle wrote:
The only thing that would benefit mankind is to put Mr. Guzman in a hospital and pick him apart.(literally), I mean use this as a case study to learn about his mental issues & what caused him to snap. If the family knew of his condition then shame on you for not having him committed to an institution before this happened.On a side note. Doesn't all of your computers have spell check?
So you would resort to carving him up like a roast?
tio

Buena Park, CA

#21 May 28, 2008
y the f*** is the popo taking f*** credit he turnd him self in stupithos u dont need credit
JAS

Buena Park, CA

#22 May 29, 2008
I KNOW JOSE!
HE WOULD NEVER DO THAT TO A PERSON I ALEADY
KNOW THAT!!
JOSE IS THE NICES GUY I KNOW!
PLUS Y THE HELL DO THEY GIVE THE STUPID COPS CREDIT!
JAS

Buena Park, CA

#23 May 29, 2008
I know Jose he woud never do that to a person!!
He is the nices guy I know!!! HE turned himself in so why the heck do they give the cops all the credit.[/Quote]
la kid

Buena Park, CA

#24 Aug 30, 2009
i was there i was one of the ones dat got robbed i was one of da cashiers and nobody has any idea how scared we were or what we felt and picking up my manager and puttin her in da back room scared he might come back and get someone else or hurt her anymore his family is not blame for it but they are all irresponsible cuz at the time i was workin there he would always come by drunk and high if he was mentally ill and mixin it with drugs it was more than obvious what was going to happen and he did not turn him self in but da cops did not go lookin for him he was just ridin his bike as if nothin had happened and he knew perfectly what he was doing and why he was doing it as a matter of fact i tihnk he was going to the liquor store to buy alcohol cuz dats where the cops arrested him when we saw him so he wasnt dat mental plus he just attacked her for no god damn reason all she did was greet him dat was it after dat he just rushed onto us and tols us to give him da money and didnt hurt us so ppl think about......
Emanuel

Chino, CA

#25 Oct 30, 2011
I know it's late but the woman is a very good friend of mine she has two children .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Restaurant Management Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nick's Fishmarket closes - Business (Feb '09) Sun Joe Balls 109
invention of the kegmatic Dec 23 ali1313 1
Sooo any advice for a 23 year old ready to star... (Feb '16) Dec 19 Anonymous 3
Perfectly good food that would be thrown out at... (Feb '17) Dec '17 Sparisien 2
Looking for Restaurant POS System? (Apr '15) Dec '17 Mark Banner 3
Lunch Specials Nov '17 LunchSpecials 1
Check out the vodcast about the Food Biz! Nov '17 DisJointedDave 1
More from around the web