Electronic billboards get mixed revie...

Electronic billboards get mixed reviews in Rancho Cucamonga

There are 10 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Jan 28, 2010, titled Electronic billboards get mixed reviews in Rancho Cucamonga. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

The year started off with a bang for Sam Kaissi, the owner of Dalia's Pizza on Base Line who is celebrating his 20th year in the business.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

Just Wait

Guasti, CA

#1 Jan 28, 2010
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/01/15/rus...

It's only a matter of time until traffic comes to a halt on the roads and freeways when these billboards are hacked and put on quite a show for all to see.

“Ya'll be killin me.”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 Jan 29, 2010
Oh so sweet it will be. What another waste of money. Don't you guys burn enough electricity.
SAW

Upland, CA

#3 Jan 29, 2010
Exactly. I thought we were supposed to be restricting our 'carbon footprint'.
Waste

San Bernardino, CA

#4 Jan 29, 2010
These eyesores cause freeway traffic to back up and slow down, which naturally will lead to more accidents. Also, they are far too bright and distracting on a dark night - some are almost blinding.
AlwaysThinking

Covina, CA

#5 Jan 29, 2010
Don't really care about the one off the 15 either way. Billboards by freeways don't bother me.

The 2 signes at Archibald/Foothill are total eye-sores. And it is shameful to place one so close to the historic gas station. Even one would be an eye-sore, but not as bad - both so close to one another is ridicuouls.

I don't go for boycotts generally, but I plan to avoid every business that advertises on either of those boards.
Thanks a lot

Bloomington, CA

#6 Jan 29, 2010
The billboard on the freeway is not that big and is dull and won't really get any attention unless you are stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. However the two located on foothill are a total disregard to the local neighborhood and an eyesore. Thanks to our wonderful city council they have neglected the west side of RC and made the corner look congested and like crap.
They belong in the Victoria Gardens parking lot.
AGREED FROM RC

United States

#7 Jan 29, 2010
Thanks a lot wrote:
The billboard on the freeway is not that big and is dull and won't really get any attention unless you are stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. However the two located on foothill are a total disregard to the local neighborhood and an eyesore. Thanks to our wonderful city council they have neglected the west side of RC and made the corner look congested and like crap.
They belong in the Victoria Gardens parking lot.
I like the freeway billboard but Lamar own the property at Archibald and Foothill? I agree with putting them at the Gardens, do you think the City would allow them to relocate?? Maybe the City would buy the property from Lamar and let them move the signs.
As for Brea, CA, that's absurd to boycott businesses that would otherwise be out of business! Would you alienate the Haitians because you disagree with how the government handled the building codes?? You have to be pretty cynical to wish bad things on the owners of small business in OUR City who are trying to make ends meet!
Archibald Ave., Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Hsf

Fontana, CA

#8 Jan 29, 2010
The sign on the 15 is a terrible distraction, especially considering the area of the road where major construction is going on combined with the interchange with the 10. Bad idea.
minimalist

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#9 Jan 29, 2010
Dangerous. I saw the one on the 15 today on the way to Crown Toyota. I was distracted by the sign, there was a lot of traffic, major construction going on.....I was drawn to the sign knowing I could crash but I had to look....very dangerous.
RANCHO CUCAMONGA RESIDENT

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#10 Oct 20, 2012
I disagree with most of the posts here. These billboards, and other types of business are exactly what the city needs. They provide tax revenue for the city.... and the ad company that owns them has agreed to display PSA's free of charge to the city. Its commerce. After all this is still a capitalist society last time I checked and we should be free to earn money without the interference of govt agencies or overzealous citizen groups who want to over regulate business and push it out of the city and even the state. Wake up people! Lets not punish and complain about those in our society who create jobs and bring shoppers to our beautiful town. Just think of how many people driving on the 15 fwy see those billboards along the fwy and say "hey lets go to that rest on the billboard" and pull off and spend money in our city. People need to find something worthwhile to complain about.That tax revenue pays for lots of things in this coty of ours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Restaurant Management Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Victim's family endorses plea deal for Antioch ... (Aug '11) Aug 29 No where to hide 199
tipping out (Feb '06) Aug 27 6ixer 26
Restaurant POS system Aug 20 Rogi 2
News Travel Minute - Paying For Your Dinner Before D... Aug 18 Elise Likes Vanilla 1
News Smack Shack, Angel Food, Republic win bids for ... Aug 18 Elise Likes Vanilla 1
News Terry Laybourne to expand Cafe 21 Hospitality G... Aug 18 Elise Likes Vanilla 1
News We must stop more bars in Rayleigh' Aug 18 Elise Likes Vanilla 1
More from around the web