Restaurant Owner Accused Of Buying Stolen Meat

Full story: ABC 27 18
Criminal charges were filed late Wednesday afternoon against the owner of Rumors bar, which is located on Route 11/15 in Enola. Full Story
Rumor

Kearny, NJ

#1 Aug 18, 2006
What's up with this guy? Shootings, stabbings, drugs and now stolen meat? Are they going to close this place?
Rumor 2

Kearny, NJ

#2 Aug 29, 2006
Rumor wrote:
What's up with this guy? Shootings, stabbings, drugs and now stolen meat? Are they going to close this place?
I heard a rumor that they are going to close this place and the owner will go to jail.
Rumor 3

Kearny, NJ

#3 Oct 6, 2006
There was a shooting at Rumors 1/14/2006. A stabbing at Rumors 4/26/2006.There have also been very violent fights at this place before.
The Place is a dive

Kearny, NJ

#4 Oct 10, 2006
I was there on Sunday for the Steeler's Sunday night game. I went in because it is advertised as a sports bar. The music was so loud you could not hear the TV. Someone asked the owner to turn the TV up so people could hear the game. The owner told them to go elsewhere and watch the game. I use to go to this place and Sunday was the first time I was there in over a year but the food is no good. The wings were not cooked and the drinks are watered down. I would not recommend Rumors/Sportszone.
Rumors food is terrible

Kearny, NJ

#5 Oct 11, 2006
The place use to be okay but it has really changed. Any time that I drive through 11-15 it seems the police are at this place. I agree the food is not very good anymore. Not sure what happened but someone says they do not have the cook that they had for years. The place is know to be a problem bar and through out the years many bad things have happend at this place. Very violent fights, shooting, stabbings and who knows what else. Apparently the owner is in trouble now for receiving stolen meat from drug dealers.
Fried

Kearny, NJ

#6 Oct 13, 2006
If you like fried food then you are okay. The menu consists of allot of fried food. The place is not for a family or children. Lots of Fowl language and Hard Rock Music. If you like hard core this is an okay place. I've been there on occasion and had no problems but you wouldn't want to take a date or family there.
Rumors 3

Kearny, NJ

#7 Oct 17, 2006
Fried wrote:
If you like fried food then you are okay. The menu consists of allot of fried food. The place is not for a family or children. Lots of Fowl language and Hard Rock Music. If you like hard core this is an okay place. I've been there on occasion and had no problems but you wouldn't want to take a date or family there.
Why would anyone want to go to this place. See previous posting by Rumor 3. It appears this place is under criminal investigation and with eveyting else that has happened, I would be afraid to walk into this place.
Very Reputable Customers

Kearny, NJ

#8 Oct 30, 2006
Rumors 3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anyone want to go to this place. See previous posting by Rumor 3. It appears this place is under criminal investigation and with eveything else that has happened, I would be afraid to walk into this place.
Apparently not the customers, I'm sure they are very reputable and very loyal customers. I'm sure they are very loyal to the owner. They probably have been in jail, on probation or under servillance.
Lester

Kearny, NJ

#9 Nov 1, 2006
Stop giving Lester a hard time. We all know it is the other persons fault. He would never take responsibility for anything. It's always the other person.
Zon Goss

Rosedale, MD

#10 Nov 2, 2006
I know I feel a lot safer knowing thousands of American taxes dollars are being spent to setup surveillance and wiretaps on an old man buying some steaks from a crackhead informant. The only crime here is the police officers involved in this investigation getting a paycheck. God forbid they would have to catch a real criminal. Watch out Mr. Zimmerman I heard a group of vegetarians are planning to set you up next.
geebers

AOL

#11 Nov 5, 2006
Who knows what goes on, unless they know....ill mannered customers....money troubles,taxes,ect...lack of dicipline....How about turning down the music...maybe change to easy rock and lighting up the parking lot....?
Rumors

Kearny, NJ

#12 Nov 9, 2006
The man (Zimmerman) is a known crack dealer and it sell out of his bar and this has been know for years. Zon Goss must support his actions. Everyone knows much more goes on besides stolen meat.
Zimmerman

Kearny, NJ

#13 Nov 21, 2006
Let the old man alone. His life is so pathetic anyway. He lives in the bar, never misses a night. He lives for this place. He has a girlfriend that comes into see him once in awhile but other than that he has no life. Let him enjoy his last days.
Zimmerman

Kearny, NJ

#14 Dec 6, 2006
He copped a plea deal and is getting 6 months probation. One of his employees said he is only getting 6 months but had to do a plea deal
rumors

Kearny, NJ

#15 Dec 22, 2006
He is going to be the informant. He is going after certain customers and 1 of him employee's
honky tonk

Kearny, NJ

#16 Jan 4, 2007
This place use to be okay but it has become a real dive. Too many unnecessary happenings going on. Avertised as a Sports Bar but this is just a cover up for the owners shady dealings
Waz my name

Hightstown, NJ

#17 Feb 10, 2007
Zimmerman wrote:
He copped a plea deal and is getting 6 months probation. One of his employees said he is only getting 6 months but had to do a plea deal
Actual it looks like his trial is set for April 2007. Check out the link to Court of common pleas PA.

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/PublicReporting/...
Rumors in Enola

Kearny, NJ

#18 Feb 28, 2007
The food is terrible. I don't know what happened to this place. A few years ago there food was good. Best crab cakes around. Now the crab cakes are canned claw meat. They are no good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Restaurant Management Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Top 10 Most Charitable Franchises Mon nikolas1 1
Valley restaurant owners waiting for green card... Mon ronnie 2
New Wall Fountains For Restaurants - Opinions A... Dec 9 Kelly 1
labor and food cost Dec 4 Impossible-Candidate 4
Mobile menu app Dec 3 mobileappmenus 1
How are you preparing your restaurant for the O... Nov 18 MikeJoes4555 1
Would you open the books for your whole staff t... Nov '14 kendalpeiguss 1
More from around the web