Large Snake Spotted in Seminole Squar...

Large Snake Spotted in Seminole Square Shopping Center - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Spo...

There are 47 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jul 19, 2012, titled Large Snake Spotted in Seminole Square Shopping Center - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Spo.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A big snake is on the loose near Charlottesville's Seminole Square Shopping Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mountain Mama

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jul 19, 2012
contact the wildlife center in Weyers cave and they can help find it and then find it a home....
Sick uh Dat

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jul 19, 2012
Beware of Possum and Snake appetizers being served at the Boathouse.
Native

United States

#3 Jul 19, 2012
Id have shot that sumbitch
Someone

United States

#4 Jul 19, 2012
Why you stabbing the snake what about the snake's life. The possum going to be dead seconds after atacking possum.
reality bites

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jul 19, 2012
Probably a developer.
draggin knuckles

Johnson City, TN

#6 Jul 19, 2012
maybe it can slither to downtown during the visit tomorrow???
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jul 19, 2012
What a complete moron for stabbing a beautiful creature like a python. Was he trying to save the possum, or does he just not like critters?
I Left Cville Socialism

Waynesboro, VA

#8 Jul 19, 2012
A larger snake will be spotted at the downtown arena early tomorrow afternoon.
Judy

Rustburg, VA

#9 Jul 19, 2012
That happened because people not associated with the petshop tried to do something they knew nothing about. The owner of the petshop was not in posession of the property when the snake got loose.
hissss

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Jul 19, 2012
why the hell would you save a possum?
Ignorance Is Bliss

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Jul 19, 2012
The snake is a constrictor doing what they do. If it is a Burmese python, it is harmless to people...unless they are like Native who sounds totally ignorant. Based on the description it probably is a python since they grow fairly large and possum are about the right size for a good meal. People need to re-educate themselves and stop reading the Bible to learn about reptiles. Snakes have nothing to do with the devil ya fools. I prefer a snake over a smelly opossum any day. One less rodent won't be missed.
curiosity

Buckingham, VA

#12 Jul 19, 2012
Its rumored that Pete's pet forum released animals into the wild because they couldnt find homes for them all....is this true? Or did they find homes for all of them??
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Jul 19, 2012
Ignorance Is Bliss wrote:
The snake is a constrictor doing what they do. If it is a Burmese python, it is harmless to people...unless they are like Native who sounds totally ignorant. Based on the description it probably is a python since they grow fairly large and possum are about the right size for a good meal. People need to re-educate themselves and stop reading the Bible to learn about reptiles. Snakes have nothing to do with the devil ya fools. I prefer a snake over a smelly opossum any day. One less rodent won't be missed.
Looky a snake, waaalll betr kill it.
Stabbing at it is just showing their ignorance.
TRuth

Ruckersville, VA

#14 Jul 20, 2012
Too casual attitudes toward the introduction of another non-indigenous species into the local environment. The pet owner or the pet store must take more responsibility for the capture and care of this constrictor (i.e python). As it eats more cat/dog sized wild animals its appetite will easily progress to domestic pets. It will continue to grow and if it lives the many months until cold weather it could double in size as it seeks a warmer/indoor home. Don't dismis this snake as harmless because it can become a small child choker/killer. Don't wait for disaster. Find the snake NOW and take responsibility for mishandling an exotic snake. There must be a law covering the illegal/irresponsible release of this reptile. Prosecute to the max!
SayWhatNow

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Jul 20, 2012
curiosity wrote:
Its rumored that Pete's pet forum released animals into the wild because they couldnt find homes for them all....is this true? Or did they find homes for all of them??
Oh my goodness! Seriously? Why couldnt they just give them to the pet store right down the street? Pet Supplies Plus?
Eaglescout1984

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Jul 20, 2012
Ignorance Is Bliss wrote:
The snake is a constrictor doing what they do. If it is a Burmese python, it is harmless to people...unless they are like Native who sounds totally ignorant. Based on the description it probably is a python since they grow fairly large and possum are about the right size for a good meal. People need to re-educate themselves and stop reading the Bible to learn about reptiles. Snakes have nothing to do with the devil ya fools. I prefer a snake over a smelly opossum any day. One less rodent won't be missed.
The fact they had the knife on a stick says to me they thought it was venomous and didn't want to get bit by getting too close. Therefore, put it in context they thought they were trying to kill a venomous snake, makes a little more sense to do so. Still need some education about snakes to know which ones are dangerous.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Jul 20, 2012
Eaglescout1984 wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact they had the knife on a stick says to me they thought it was venomous and didn't want to get bit by getting too close. Therefore, put it in context they thought they were trying to kill a venomous snake, makes a little more sense to do so. Still need some education about snakes to know which ones are dangerous.
http://ballpythonbreeder.com/2009/12/is-my-bu...
Let's eradicate all venomous snakes then.
Intelligence

Crozet, VA

#22 Jul 20, 2012
TRuth wrote:
Too casual attitudes toward the introduction of another non-indigenous species into the local environment. The pet owner or the pet store must take more responsibility for the capture and care of this constrictor (i.e python). As it eats more cat/dog sized wild animals its appetite will easily progress to domestic pets. It will continue to grow and if it lives the many months until cold weather it could double in size as it seeks a warmer/indoor home. Don't dismis this snake as harmless because it can become a small child choker/killer. Don't wait for disaster. Find the snake NOW and take responsibility for mishandling an exotic snake. There must be a law covering the illegal/irresponsible release of this reptile. Prosecute to the max!
I agree let's hear all these, "its a beautiful creature" statements when some poor mother is holding the lifeless body of her child because it was killed by this snake.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#23 Jul 20, 2012
Intelligence wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree let's hear all these, "its a beautiful creature" statements when some poor mother is holding the lifeless body of her child because it was killed by this snake.
Do you realize how many creatures on this earth could cause the same result, and with much greater odds?
Get Educated

Charlottesville, VA

#24 Jul 20, 2012
Intelligence wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree let's hear all these, "its a beautiful creature" statements when some poor mother is holding the lifeless body of her child because it was killed by this snake.
A snake of this size will flee a child. A baby may make a meal if the snake were 18 feet or bigger. I would question why a mother would leave a baby unattended.

As for them breeding and taking over the streets of c'ville. No such luck unless global warming eliminates winter from our climate.

Venomous snakes are not constrictors. Constrictors are not venomous snakes. Make sense?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Restaurant Management Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hilltop restaurant site, a Novato institution f... (Jul '10) Mar 16 lkerr 32
Avoid The Eagle's Nest in Bloomingburg, NY (Sep '10) Mar 6 Geez 51
Happy Hour Price Points Mar 2 HappyHourGuy 1
Any restaurant managers in Eugene, Oregon? Feb 28 talentmanager 1
News Construction under way on Trevioli Italian Kitc... Feb '17 Will Dockery 6
Perfectly good food that would be thrown out at... Feb '17 Samford 1
News NY restaurateur's sentence: Deliver pizza to poor (Oct '10) Feb '17 Cheese Phart 47
More from around the web