Ex-Carson Planning Commissioner Pulid...

Ex-Carson Planning Commissioner Pulido arrested for alleged ext...

There are 72 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Nov 20, 2008, titled Ex-Carson Planning Commissioner Pulido arrested for alleged ext.... In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Pulido, 54, was taken into custody Wednesday afternoon along with two other men who own Lupita's Family Restaurant on Main Street, according to sheriff's Capt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Daisy Carsonite

Placentia, CA

#75 Nov 23, 2008
KarSon Calif Resident wrote:
<quoted text> NOBODY VOTED FOR IT, THEY DECLARED IT ONE DAY, AND MADE UP THE BANNER TOO..LUPITA FOOD CANT EVEN COMPETE WITH TACO BELLS CHULUPA SUPREME...HMMMM
Try Diana's Mexican Food Restaurant in South Carson for good Mexican food .
Daisy Carsonite

Placentia, CA

#76 Nov 23, 2008
KarSon Calif Resident wrote:
<quoted text> IS PULIDO LARRY??
Not sure, probably Curly. Ha Ha Ha
Prophet

Pacoima, CA

#77 Nov 23, 2008
Daisy Carsonite wrote:
<quoted text>
Try Diana's Mexican Food Restaurant in South Carson for good Mexican food .
Go there if you want awful Mexican food!

You obviously have no clue how real good Mexican food should really taste!
Prophet

Pacoima, CA

#78 Nov 23, 2008
Carson Elected Officials wrote:
Last year, the Carson City Treasurer, Karen Avilla had $450,000 just disappear from a City's Bank Account. When the detectives asked her to take a lie detector test, she refused.
Now, a former Carson Planning Commissioner is arrested for extortion. Is anyone in the U.S. Justice Department paying attention?!
They will come!
Non Profit

AOL

#79 Nov 23, 2008
You mean like former Mayor Pete Farjardo? Councilman Manny Ontal? But Mitoma over personal Tax issues? Hardly hurt the City of Carson......... But wrong is wrong of course?
I think extortion is a bit much more and similar in nature to what crimes were perpetrated by Fajardo, Sweeney & Ontal!
We certainly have a problem in Carson and at least it would appear that the Sheriff's Department is doing it's job. Lets hope that applies to the larger fish as well!

Who Cares?
Non Profit

AOL

#80 Nov 23, 2008
Prophet wrote:
<quoted text> Go there if you want awful Mexican food!
You obviously have no clue how real good Mexican food should really taste!
Who cares?
NOW IS THE TIME

Los Angeles, CA

#81 Nov 24, 2008
Repp-Loadsman said "that several complaints were also raised with city staff, including claims that the restaurant was violating its business license by hosting karaoke performances.

El Parian's license allowed for entertainment, she said, and there was no evidence of other code violations."

If there were NO violations, why would they pay $10,000 to $30,000 repeatedly to a FORMER Planning Commissioner who can't DROP anything HIMSELF.

Jim Dear don't want to be affliated with Pulido...why all of a sudden he doesn't want to be connected with his CAMPAIGN MANAGER, his #1 CHEERLEADER AT COUNCIL MEETINGS, his BIG POPPA who bought JIM DEAR a BIRTHDAY CAKE on City Council's time, his "I'M NOT GONE TELL YOU THIS AGAIN CITY ATTORNEY", threat man and JIM DEAR defends him when the Sherrif comes to take him away, his TELLING JIM DEAR WHAT TO DO in the council meetings. HE IS DEFINITELY TIED TO RICK PULIDO. Pulido was in no position to make anything go away, but guess what...JIM DEAR CAN. In my opinion,(and I know everyone has one) JIM DEAR didn't want to get caught with the money, so who did he send out....his flunky Pulido. You should have seen Pulido at the 40th Carson Birthday Celebration walking around like he was Al Capone. It's finally caught up with you and I'm sure JIM DEAR is scared. Let's see how big brother Don Dear get you out of this one.

All of you CARSONITES WAKE UP....the truth will come out. Someone will talk. Yes, we are innocent until proven guilty, but this man and JIM DEAR have been implicated more than once with ill doings.

I only hope ALL OF THE OTHER BUSINESSES COME FORWARD who have been extorted.

ThanksDB for this story, but is there anyway to set up an anonymous hotline for others to come forward. NOW IS THE TIME TO FREE YOURSELVES FROM ALL OF THE THREATS THEY IMPOSED ON YOUR BUSINESSES AND YOU.
Yes Dear

Los Angeles, CA

#82 Nov 24, 2008
A carson taxpayer wrote:
Shimokaji doesn't own property or pay any property taxes in carson and the utility tax probbably wouldn't affect him anyway I think he lives under the 110 freeway
and he he just another Dear stooge
Shimokaji just want to be LOVED and who are the men to do it? Can you PUL my LIDO, yes DEAR. Not to mention Harold I WILL iams do whatever you say DEAR

How can Shimokaji represent any kind of "Beautification" Commission when he doesn't even take a bath and wash his clothes. Come on JIM DEAR, your appointments are ridiculous.

They only reason Pulido did not get appointed to a commission this time around is because Jim Dear's favorite little Latina, Julie Ruiz-Raber is not on Council anymore.

They will all pay for the disgrace they bring to Carson.
ear to the ground

United States

#83 Nov 24, 2008
rumor has it the owner of lupitas has family in the health department. The owner of lupitas also owns the meat market in the same complex. The owners use there health dept connections to close local competition...like El Parian's and la venaditas market....huge story to come.
Prophet

Pacoima, CA

#84 Nov 25, 2008
always negative wrote:
why does daily breeze always post negative stuff about carson...
i dont think i have seen positivity from daily breeze
you guys are horrible.
-carson highschool student
If the truth bothers you so much then donít read it! People need to know what is happening in their community!!!
Prophet

Pacoima, CA

#85 Nov 25, 2008
Yes Dear wrote:
<quoted text>
Shimokaji just want to be LOVED and who are the men to do it? Can you PUL my LIDO, yes DEAR. Not to mention Harold I WILL iams do whatever you say DEAR
How can Shimokaji represent any kind of "Beautification" Commission when he doesn't even take a bath and wash his clothes. Come on JIM DEAR, your appointments are ridiculous.
They only reason Pulido did not get appointed to a commission this time around is because Jim Dear's favorite little Latina, Julie Ruiz-Raber is not on Council anymore.
They will all pay for the disgrace they bring to
Carson.
Painfully True! I can imagine the qualified candidates they have rejected because of these sick corrupt games!

Itís like there are different Sects in City Hall Council like the Crips and the Bloods. Very unproductive and unprofessional. I have observed the City Hall meetings on television and in person and I can not believe some of the people they have chosen as commissioners to represent our City. Truly a Sick Joke!
Ramirez

Los Angeles, CA

#86 Aug 8, 2014
Rick Pulido is SHAMEFUL!!!!!!!!!!
Trying to steal 30,000$???
We heard he was fired from his previous jobs for criminal activities too
Check his past work history, he has a long rap sheet.
Too bad the prosecutors did not have the information, he would have got many years in jail.
KEEP HIM AWAY FROM THE PUBLIC AND THEIR MONEY,
HE"LL JUST PUT IT IN HIS POCKET.
Blaming his misconduct on a lawyer ; no lawyer in their right mind would say steal 30,000 dollars.
Rick GET OUT OF OUR CITY
IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO MOVE ON.
MOVE ON INTO JAIL !!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Restaurant Management Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The secret of good online reviews: Hug your Haters May 12 Anthonin 1
News Actor Hill Harper will speak at the fifth annua... Apr '17 Again 1
News El Paso owners sell Silver Streak restaurants (Mar '09) Apr '17 Jim Bean 10
Looking for Restaurant POS System? (Apr '15) Apr '17 Deak D 2
News Hilltop restaurant site, a Novato institution f... (Jul '10) Mar '17 lkerr 32
Avoid The Eagle's Nest in Bloomingburg, NY (Sep '10) Mar '17 Geez 51
Happy Hour Price Points Mar '17 HappyHourGuy 1
More from around the web