Ex-Carson Planning Commissioner Pulido arrested for alleged ext...

There are 20 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Nov 20, 2008, titled Ex-Carson Planning Commissioner Pulido arrested for alleged ext.... In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Pulido, 54, was taken into custody Wednesday afternoon along with two other men who own Lupita's Family Restaurant on Main Street, according to sheriff's Capt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
peds

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Nov 20, 2008
pulido is a jack a**
Rory

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#3 Nov 20, 2008
Nice write-up Mr. Maddaus. Thank you Daily Breeze. Hope Rick Pulido rots.
dogsmatter

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#4 Nov 20, 2008
Why does Carson seem to have so much corruption in its City officials present and past?
I just don't get it.
Any thoughts?
peds

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Nov 20, 2008
pick up your phone pulido.
Oh_Puleeeeze

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#6 Nov 20, 2008
Any relation to Casa Pulido restaurant in Redondo ???
Butter fly man

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Nov 20, 2008
Leave Rick alone he runs with the big east side torrance group! he's a good man and will always be the best park director at Normandale Park, somebody needs to tax somebody!!!! Go Get um Rick !!! We love you!!!! butterfly est
Carson Elected Officials

Palm Desert, CA

#10 Nov 20, 2008
Last year, the Carson City Treasurer, Karen Avilla had $450,000 just disappear from a City's Bank Account. When the detectives asked her to take a lie detector test, she refused.
Now, a former Carson Planning Commissioner is arrested for extortion. Is anyone in the U.S. Justice Department paying attention?!
Matty

Bell, CA

#13 Nov 20, 2008
Corruption runs deep everywhere.

Check out the boondoggle taking place on the Hawthorne City Council and Planning Commission.

360 South Bay is about to convert their halted "luxury" townhomes into high density rental properties.

Who's getting paid off??? The citizens would like to know.
Waiting for Indictments

North Hollywood, CA

#14 Nov 20, 2008
Mr. DA, please finish up in Carson and come back to Torrance and finish your work to indict the unethical mayor of Torrance FRANK SCOTTO. The people of Torrance deserve to have justice be served on this corrupt public official.
sickelgirl

Montebello, CA

#15 Nov 20, 2008
Waiting for Indictments wrote:
Mr. DA, please finish up in Carson and come back to Torrance and finish your work to indict the unethical mayor of Torrance FRANK SCOTTO. The people of Torrance deserve to have justice be served on this corrupt public official.
How is Mr Scotto corrupt. Name some forinstances. Did you know this man makes his own tow trucks and has contributed to the remaking of the slums of torrance? Some folks like the guy
sickelgirl

Montebello, CA

#16 Nov 20, 2008
How did an extortionist bring up Manilla? The comments on these pages sure do drift from the content Anyone else notice?
Torrance

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Nov 21, 2008
Get a life already Dan and Mike
My Pappa is going to be in charge in 5
Jr.
hahaha

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Nov 21, 2008
Why are people on here trying to pose as me? You people bring me great amusement.

Frank isn't going anywhere. He is wildly popular in Torrance because he STOPS corruption.
a Reader

Carson, CA

#20 Nov 21, 2008
Pulido is a jerk who just likes to be seen. Doesn't do anything but prance around like a show dog.
Gene-Wilmington

San Diego, CA

#21 Nov 21, 2008
And another one bites the dust!!!
peds

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Nov 21, 2008
pulido pick up your phone
Stop Bashing Carson

Pleasanton, CA

#23 Nov 21, 2008
Ned Flanders wrote:
This is just the normal corruption that Carson is all about.
dogsmatter wrote:
Why does Carson seem to have so much corruption in its City officials present and past?
I just don't get it.
Any thoughts?
I would hardly call Rick Pulido a City official. A lap dog, maybe. But he has never held office in Carson, and was appointed as a commissioner a while ago.

Carson has had it's share of corrupt officials - Jake Egan, Mike Mitoma, Darryl Sweeney. But there has been more written about political disagreements than actual corruption. I think it is because there has always been a council made up of two sides that differ greatly, and the Breeze just loves to post negative things about Carson.

Articles about the fine Parks and Rec program, or the longtime senior and early childhood programs rarely make the paper. A fantastic new aquatic center is being built, and there will be a state of the art teen center built in the next couple of years. no mention.

I guess papers sell better to the folks in Torrance and on the hill with articles that point out the worst that the lowly people living in Carson, Gardena, Wilmington and Harbor City have to offer.
always negative

Los Angeles, CA

#24 Nov 21, 2008
why does daily breeze always post negative stuff about carson...

i dont think i have seen positivity from daily breeze
you guys are horrible.

-carson highschool student
To Rick

Atlanta, GA

#25 Nov 21, 2008
Thats how the cookie crumbled.
Cynical Poster

Long Beach, CA

#26 Nov 21, 2008
sickelgirl wrote:
<quoted text>How is Mr Scotto corrupt. Name some forinstances. Did you know this man makes his own tow trucks and has contributed to the remaking of the slums of torrance? Some folks like the guy
Anyone who makes his own tow trucks is OK with me. Especially at a time when the Big 3 are going under. And praise heaven here's a man who re-made the slums. Of course the biggest Sect 8 housing in Torrance sits across the street from Frank's tow yard, its the least he could do so his employees don't have to look at an OLD slum all day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Restaurant Management Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Restaurant POS System? Apr 27 JohnJack 2
News Jerry Hurley: A life of hard work made him St. ... (Jul '10) Apr 19 carrie 39
Avoid The Eagle's Nest in Bloomingburg, NY (Sep '10) Apr 19 Bigmac 45
Too many sales calls? Apr 14 5717abc 2
News Victim's family endorses plea deal for Antioch ... (Aug '11) Apr 7 Non judgemental 192
News Fhima plans comeback with new downtown St. Paul... (Mar '10) Mar '15 yinga yoakam 57
News Wahlburgers inks deal to expand in Florida Mar '15 Truluck 1
More from around the web