500 arrested in mortgage fraud crackdown

Jun 17, 2010 Full story: HeraldTribune.com 22

Published: Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 12:45 p.m. Last Modified: Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 12:45 p.m. Federal investigators announced Thursday they have arrested nearly 500 people since March in what they called the largest national crackdown on mortgage fraud in U.S. history.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

Chatsworth, GA

#1 Jun 18, 2010
Yeah, I wonder why anybody from the Sarasota area hasn't been arrested yet. I know a bunch of people who have commited mortgage fraud there. Laureen C. Jones is one of them. Don't trust this person, don't hire her, don't let her be your friend and don't do business with her. She is a pathological liar, a con artist and a phychopath.
crooks

United States

#2 Jun 19, 2010
yep, you are correct ! tons of people committed mortgage fraud here in SRQ....not just mortgage brakers either...try some appraisers, attorneys, even some local banker types..big banks like Regions, clowns like Bank of Commerce...the other clown at Landmark (another former SouthTrust idiot), the list goes on and on, and the FBI here in DT SRQ knows all about it, and they WILL go to jail I think

lots of crooked bankers, like the guy who ran Orion who will undoubtedly get indicted by the Feds
LCJones - Nothing to Hide

Sarasota, FL

#3 Jun 20, 2010
I am Laureen C. Jones, and none of this is the truth. This is a personal vendetta. You don't even have the fortitude to sign this statement. You have to hide in the internet to tell your lies. I don't have to fear what you have said because I know what is the truth. You are a gutless, scared and ignore swine that can't even take the credit by writing your name down to back up your malicious and personal vindictive statement. If anyone had half a brain all they have to do is check with the DBPR of Florida Real Estate to see that I didn't have a license to do mortgages and I have not did mortgages for over 12 years. I also have never done a mortgage in Sarasota, Florida for anyone. You're so ignorant and petty, your barely worth me wasting my time on, but I just wanted anyone that might take a moment to look at this to please check the facts and to know that this is all a lie. If it were the truth at all you wouldn't hide behind the curtain. You would come right out and sign your name and tell the world who you are. You wouldn't have to hide like the scared little child that you are acting like to put something like this on the internet. My life is good and I am not worried about you telling lies, I can sign my statement because it is true. Nothing to Hide here. Laureen C. Jones :-)
thetruth

Chatsworth, GA

#4 Jun 20, 2010
You got plenty to hide all right and you have been hiding everything.It will all come out in the end, I promise you.If your life was so good and great then why did you have to steal from other people who supposedly have less than you? You have taken what doesn't belong to you and you know it.You are the one who is petty and ignorant. You have never worked an honest living in your life. You have never made your own way. You suck off of everybody else. You are a leach.
thetruth

Chatsworth, GA

#5 Jun 20, 2010
I notice you didn't mention California. Mortgage flipper!
findings

United States

#6 Jun 22, 2010
there is NO doubt about the illegal activity that is, and has been going on in the banking and mortgage business from Tampa to Naples for a very long time. Fraud does not exist in a vacuum, it's aided and abetted by a host of other connected professionals in the process that 'get paid too'. That is factual. Funny thing is that some of these 'bankers' land again on their feet at another institution doing the same thing all over again and hiring the same cronnies and former associates they had at the previous bank, or better yet, talking a bunch of wealthy local chumps and former clients to help establish and charter even another NEW BANK, just down the road. Just look at the names of the same damn execs and look at their resumes, more than just a few had been fired execs at larger regional banks before their own buyouts and consolidations. These guys are notoriously famous around here
Bank On It

Orange City, FL

#7 Jun 24, 2010
LCJones - Nothing to Hide wrote:
I am Laureen C. Jones, and none of this is the truth. This is a personal vendetta. You don't even have the fortitude to sign this statement. You have to hide in the internet to tell your lies. I don't have to fear what you have said because I know what is the truth. You are a gutless, scared and ignore swine that can't even take the credit by writing your name down to back up your malicious and personal vindictive statement. If anyone had half a brain all they have to do is check with the DBPR of Florida Real Estate to see that I didn't have a license to do mortgages and I have not did mortgages for over 12 years. I also have never done a mortgage in Sarasota, Florida for anyone. You're so ignorant and petty, your barely worth me wasting my time on, but I just wanted anyone that might take a moment to look at this to please check the facts and to know that this is all a lie. If it were the truth at all you wouldn't hide behind the curtain. You would come right out and sign your name and tell the world who you are. You wouldn't have to hide like the scared little child that you are acting like to put something like this on the internet. My life is good and I am not worried about you telling lies, I can sign my statement because it is true. Nothing to Hide here. Laureen C. Jones :-)
I'm not sure, but I think she's a little upset
alotupset

Chatsworth, GA

#8 Jun 24, 2010
Bank On It wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure, but I think she's a little upset
Yeah, you damn right I'm upset. How would you feel if someone stole over $100,000.00 from you ? And she done it to three people. Her Brother and sisters.We weren't the only ones she has stolen from either. She moved to Florida to hide from all the people she stole from in California so if you know this person , BEWARE!
afewmorethings

Chatsworth, GA

#9 Jun 27, 2010
wondering wrote:
Yeah, I wonder why anybody from the Sarasota area hasn't been arrested yet. I know a bunch of people who have commited mortgage fraud there. Laureen C. Jones is one of them. Don't trust this person, don't hire her, don't let her be your friend and don't do business with her. She is a pathological liar, a con artist and a phychopath.
You can also add adultress, alchoholic,drug addict, gambling addict, plastic surgery addict, embezzler, and glutton to that list!
Bank On It

Orange City, FL

#10 Jun 28, 2010
alotupset wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you damn right I'm upset. How would you feel if someone stole over $100,000.00 from you ? And she done it to three people. Her Brother and sisters.We weren't the only ones she has stolen from either. She moved to Florida to hide from all the people she stole from in California so if you know this person , BEWARE!
I was refering to LC Jones, however, I'd be beyond angry if I got burned for a hundred large. Any help from the authorities like FBI or like that?
warning from above

Sarasota, FL

#11 Jul 6, 2010
let he who is without sin cast the first stone. please read the article no one from sarasota got arrested. speak with firm research and not just anger.
best of all

Sarasota, FL

#12 Jul 7, 2010
Any suggestions for the best haircolorist in Sarasota.
Thankyou so much for replying.
haha

Chatsworth, GA

#13 Jul 7, 2010
warning from above wrote:
let he who is without sin cast the first stone. please read the article no one from sarasota got arrested. speak with firm research and not just anger.
And do you personally speak for him or just hear voices in your head? FYI, people have been arrested in Sarasota for mortgage fraud , just not in this recent operation but I guarantee you there will be more of them form your area.
Chas

New York, NY

#14 Dec 2, 2010
I am a bully and a coward. I do not fel good about my behavior and would like to take back all the lies,and twisted statements I have said, blogged about on this site and many others. When I drink I get angry, and have no control over my actions. Most of the time I don't even remember half the things I do. And I am hiding behind this computer,I can say untrue things about people and get away with it. I appologize to all.
People who have nothing to hide, don't hide behind made up names, blogs, etc. They tell the authorities.
Chas.
(like usual, not my real name).
Chas

New York, NY

#15 Dec 2, 2010
I do not feel good about myself.
I am a bully coward and a twofaced phony, who makes up bad press/blogs about people when I am drunk and angry. so sorry to you all
Airik

Jersey City, NJ

#16 Dec 4, 2010
But these people that are in these homes signed the documents to purchase a home at a price. Even if the borrower was fooled into a larger sale price is irrelevant, they still owe the money.
To find these people guilty of a law that was put into place after the fact, is a waste of tax payers dollars. House flipping was not illegal at the time they were doing it. Any half witted attorney will get these people off, and you know these people have the best paid attorney's in the world(better the OJ). Thanks FBI for wating tax payers dollars even more.
thatscrap

United States

#17 Dec 6, 2010
the problem all over was the falsification of documents, not whether freakin house flipping is illegal

other problems are incomplete mortgage packages

also: lack of notarized documents

lack of assignments
no full disclusures in re ARM resets

not to mention that Wall St bankers such as Lehman, GOLDMAN, JPMC, and lousy BofA and Citi were telling all the mortgage brokers nationwide to keep 'shooting em in'! why, they were slicing and dicing these securitized mortgage backed securities into all sorts of crazy structures of CMOs, and other stupid class derivatives, knowing they were "C paper" to begin with, but committing "financial alchemy" and turning this crap paper into "Triple A rated paper" with the rating agencies' blessing and go-ahead, then these bank brokers re-sold these MBS world wide to institutional accounts, like insurance companies, money managers, counties, cities, funds, Taft Hartleys, pension funds, and many many others....

companies like Goldman and JPMC KNEW they could hedge their positions selling this crap, knowing the default rates would eventually get sky high, so THEY BOUGHT credit default swaps betting most would go in default...and gues what ? they made money on that end too....and continue to do so RIGHT NOW, and many banks actually PRAY that most will continue to DEFAULT because they get PAID under the "insurance" type agreement of the "swap"

Wake up, you're getting screwed by the cartel of east coast elsitist bankers for the tribe, and they are making more money than God even now, and will leave YOU holding the bag my friends

and the FED (also part of the tribe)is enabling the banks to continue this fraud upon you...DAILY

Banks and investment banks are NOT your friends !

You ever wonder how Goldman Sachs got approved to be a "commercial bank" under the Fed, so damn quickly ?? it pratcially happened overnight./.....so they could go to the Fed "window" and have access to public money under the fraudulent scheme designed by some pretty clever tribe members...

Again, wake the phuck up
Amen

Kingsport, TN

#18 Dec 7, 2010
GREED, plain and simple.
toldyouso

Kingsport, TN

#19 Feb 26, 2011
hhhmmmm, told you. Took a while ,but there will be more. Better watch your back, Laura.
Dan

Sarasota, FL

#21 Feb 26, 2011
looks like people from sarasota are now getting arrested

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Real Estate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Real Estate Agents: Single-Family Homes a Hot R... (Jun '12) 7 hr 7dash academy 71
Add new comment (Feb '09) Tue 4t4game 283
A Closer Look: The Bluffs on the Cape Fear Sep 16 deswhalen 1
The News On 6 Investigates: Renter Beware (Feb '09) Sep 15 lolababi 45
When staging a home, give every room a role - S... Sep 14 Tim Stanford Yoc... 1
Zillow Partners with China Real Estate Platform... Sep 12 Seth Ashford 1
Williamsburg Area Learning Tree Seminar on Real... Sep 12 Elaine VonCannon 1
•••

Real Estate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••