Shutdown would hurt Sacramento's recovery but not kill it

There are 586 comments on the Sacramento Bee Newspaper story from Sep 30, 2013, titled Shutdown would hurt Sacramento's recovery but not kill it. In it, Sacramento Bee Newspaper reports that:

The looming federal government shutdown wouldn’t obliterate Sacramento’s economic recovery, but in a region with thousands of federal employees – and a business climate where consumer confidence is finally getting better – the shutdown surely wouldn’t help, business leaders in the region said Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sacramento Bee Newspaper.

Dan

Sacramento, CA

#45 Oct 7, 2013
Many reporters covering national security and government policy in Washington these days are taking precautions to keep their sources from becoming casualties in the Obama administration’s war on leaks. They and their remaining government sources often avoid phone conversations and e-mail exchanges, arranging furtive one-on-one meetings instead.

“We have to think more about when we use cellphones, when we use e-mail and when we need to meet sources in person,” said Michael Oreskes, senior managing editor of the Associated Press.“We need to be more and more aware that government can track our work without talking to our reporters, without letting us know.”
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#46 Oct 7, 2013
The decline in illegal immigrants entering the United States due to the recession has ended and it appears the rush to make an unauthorized entry into America is back on track, according to a detailed survey by the Pew Research Center.

“The sharp decline in the U.S. population of unauthorized immigrants that accompanied the 2007-2009 recession has bottomed out, and the number may be rising again,” said the survey. The shift has been expected and will likely play a part in the renewed effort on Capitol Hill to pass immigration reform. Obama was going to protect the border, but he had to divert assets to close off the privately funded World War II memorial. Can't have those pesky World War II veterans walking around their privately funded war memorial when Obama orders it closed. Most of those Vets I saw on TV were in Wheel Chairs, being pushed there by family members. Obama is more concerned with Illegal and Undocumented Dems than he ever was with WWII Veterans who served America! And besides...the Regime ordered the guards/police there to "Make it Hurt" as one guard put it. Democrats have TOLD all border agents to STOP enforcing the laws..

So they are openly planning on bringing in as MANY illegals as they can
to STACK the elections and destroy the voting system..
Their is no way to win an election like STACKING the results..
Liberals know this all too well..
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#47 Oct 7, 2013
The media’s poster boy and Organizing For America’s volunteer, Chad Henderson, admits he never signed up for an Obamacare plan. Enroll America praised Chad as someone who had successfully purchased insurance coverage on HealthCare.Gov . Washington Post spoke with Chad’s father who said he did not believe Chad signed up for healthcare coverage. More and more we learn that Democrat Loyalists are liars through and through. Next we'll find out that his name isn't even Chad Henderson! This will be dismissed by the media that cover for Obama and his agenda as just a misunderstanding. The lies of demoncRATs is intentional and very calculated. However they always seem to tell more lies to cover the initial one.
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#48 Oct 7, 2013
The Obamabots will do everything they can to lie about Obamacare. I am hearing more and more of those who voted for Obama are now very po'd as they know they were duped.
That kool aid hangover is going to be ugly for many Obama voters.
BS Buster

Elk Grove, CA

#49 Oct 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
Many reporters covering national security and government policy in Washington these days are taking precautions to keep their sources from becoming casualties in the Obama administration’s war on leaks. They and their remaining government sources often avoid phone conversations and e-mail exchanges, arranging furtive one-on-one meetings instead.
“We have to think more about when we use cellphones, when we use e-mail and when we need to meet sources in person,” said Michael Oreskes, senior managing editor of the Associated Press.“We need to be more and more aware that government can track our work without talking to our reporters, without letting us know.”
Thank you so much for the latest anonymous credited discharge from Rush Limbaugh's poop chute even though it has nothing to do with the government shutdown! LOL

Folks just a reminder that "Dan" (formerly known as RiccardoFool) from Sacramento has made these insane statements right here in this thread:

"obama closed the MLK memorial in hopes that blacks across the nation would start a few race riots"
" Bama, the petulant child president, is at war with the American people."
" In Obama's mind, WWII vets are the enemy, and illegal aliens are the chosen people."
I don't know how he missed "Obama is a born in Kenya Muslim"! LOL

If that doesn't show you that "Dan"'s head is stuck so far up Rush Limbaugh's poop chute it's about to come out of the pus gutted, pig faced Limbaugh's mouth...well nothing will! Take his bigoted drivel with a grain of salt though!

Is "Dan" really Topix Troll "RiccardoFool" in drag? Is the Pope Catholic?! LOL
BS Buster

Elk Grove, CA

#52 Oct 7, 2013
Folks just a reminder that "Dan" (formerly known as RiccardoFool) from Sacramento has made these insane statements right here in this thread:

"obama closed the MLK memorial in hopes that blacks across the nation would start a few race riots"
" In Obama's mind, WWII vets are the enemy, and illegal aliens are the chosen people."

If that doesn't show you that "Dan"'s head is stuck so far up Rush Limbaugh's poop chute it's about to come out of the pus gutted, pig faced Limbaugh's mouth...well nothing will! Take his bigoted drivel with a grain of salt though!

Is "Dan" really Topix troll and overpaid Elk Grove bedpan changer "RiccardoFool" in drag? Is the Pope Catholic?! LOL
BS Buster

Elk Grove, CA

#53 Oct 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
That kool aid hangover is going to be ugly for many Obama voters.
Not as long or ugly as the kool aid hangover Republicans are going to have when they realize Ted Cruz has f***ed them up the ass and hasn't even used any lube!

Is "Dan" really Topix troll and overpaid Elk Grove bedpan changer "RiccardoFool" in drag? Is the Pope Catholic?! LOL
BS Buster

Elk Grove, CA

#54 Oct 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
The media’s poster boy and Organizing For America’s volunteer, Chad Henderson, admits he never signed up for an Obamacare plan. Enroll America praised Chad as someone who had successfully purchased insurance coverage on HealthCare.Gov . Washington Post spoke with Chad’s father who said he did not believe Chad signed up for healthcare coverage. More and more we learn that Democrat Loyalists are liars through and through. Next we'll find out that his name isn't even Chad Henderson! This will be dismissed by the media that cover for Obama and his agenda as just a misunderstanding. The lies of demoncRATs is intentional and very calculated. However they always seem to tell more lies to cover the initial one.
So this dude's father said "he did not blieve Chad signed up for heathcare coverage" and THAT is supposed to make the entire Affordable Health Care act invalid! LOL Only in the mind of a delusional Tea Bagger bed pan changer from Elk Grove named Dan/RiccardoFool! Hilarious!

BS Buster

Elk Grove, CA

#55 Oct 7, 2013
Dan wrote:
The decline in illegal immigrants entering the United States due to the recession has ended and it appears the rush to make an unauthorized entry into America is back on track, according to a detailed survey by the Pew Research Center.
“The sharp decline in the U.S. population of unauthorized immigrants that accompanied the 2007-2009 recession has bottomed out, and the number may be rising again,” said the survey. The shift has been expected and will likely play a part in the renewed effort on Capitol Hill to pass immigration reform. Obama was going to protect the border, but he had to divert assets to close off the privately funded World War II memorial. Can't have those pesky World War II veterans walking around their privately funded war memorial when Obama orders it closed. Most of those Vets I saw on TV were in Wheel Chairs, being pushed there by family members. Obama is more concerned with Illegal and Undocumented Dems than he ever was with WWII Veterans who served America! And besides...the Regime ordered the guards/police there to "Make it Hurt" as one guard put it. Democrats have TOLD all border agents to STOP enforcing the laws..
So they are openly planning on bringing in as MANY illegals as they can
to STACK the elections and destroy the voting system..
Their is no way to win an election like STACKING the results..
Liberals know this all too well..
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA and I do mean HA!

This from the same goofy mother***er who in 2012 predicted Obama was going to cancel the election because he was afraid Romney was going to win!

Dan

Sacramento, CA

#56 Oct 8, 2013
“I think if you look at the history, getting votes for the debt ceiling is always difficult, and budgets in this town are always difficult.”

— President Obama, news conference, Jan. 14, 2013

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. government can’t pay its own bills.... I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.”

— Then-Sen. Barack Obama, floor speech in the Senate, March 16, 2006
BS Buster

Elk Grove, CA

#57 Oct 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
“I think if you look at the history, getting votes for the debt ceiling is always difficult, and budgets in this town are always difficult.”
“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. government can’t pay its own bills.... I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.”
Big freaking deal! As a new Senator he made a political point about opposing the increase in the debt, knowing full and well that it would be increased with bipartisan support...which is exactly what happened! Now he sees the obstructionist c***suckers of the Tea Party willing to let the country go down the tubes because they didn't get their own way regarding Obamacare. I also want a President who is flexible enough to change his position based on the current situation, something all rational people (obviously a category that doesn't include you!) should be capable of doing! Nothing scandalous at all about those two statements!

If that doesn't show you that "Dan"'s head is stuck so far up Rush Limbaugh's poop chute it's about to come out of the pus gutted, pig faced Limbaugh's mouth...well nothing will! Take his bigoted drivel with a grain of salt though! This dude is literally "blinded by turds!" LOL

Is "Dan" really Topix troll and overpaid Elk Grove Tea Bagger bedpan changer "RiccardoFool" in drag? Is the Pope Catholic?! LOL

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#58 Oct 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
I agree Dan, but as you can see, the elk grove idiot is useless. We have a president who is close to becoming a dictator but yet people care more about looking at their i phones. The National Mall was closed to World War II and Vietnam vets, yet this president has opened it up to illegal aliens, so they can hold a rally.

They told us it was closed due to the government shutdown.

Now the National Park Service has confirmed this "immigration reform" protest can take place at the Mall.

Let's see if I've got this straight: Men who fought in wars have no First Amendment rights, but illegal aliens do?

Obama is encouraging this.

Of course, he's the same president who encouraged the overthrow of a legitimate government in Egypt, and a dictatorial one in Libya which nevertheless was no direct threat to us.

We don't have a presidency so much as we have a crypto-communist dictatorship in the making or an overt one.
BS Buster

Elk Grove, CA

#59 Oct 8, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree Dan, but as you can see, the elk grove idiot is useless. We have a president who is close to becoming a dictator but yet people care more about looking at their i phones. The National Mall was closed to World War II and Vietnam vets, yet this president has opened it up to illegal aliens, so they can hold a rally.
They told us it was closed due to the government shutdown.
Now the National Park Service has confirmed this "immigration reform" protest can take place at the Mall.
Let's see if I've got this straight: Men who fought in wars have no First Amendment rights, but illegal aliens do?
Obama is encouraging this.
Of course, he's the same president who encouraged the overthrow of a legitimate government in Egypt, and a dictatorial one in Libya which nevertheless was no direct threat to us.
We don't have a presidency so much as we have a crypto-communist dictatorship in the making or an overt one.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Ricky finally came out of the closet, washed Rush Limbaugh's feces off his face and admitted he was "Dan"!

Folks just a reminder that "RiccardoFool" (also known as "Dan" when he in drag and on the rag!) has made these insane statements right here in this thread:

Remember also that in another thread "RiccardoFool"/ "Dan" also stated that every man, woman and CHILD Muslim should be murdered by the USA because the only good Muslim is a dead Muslim!

If that doesn't show you that "Dan"'s/Ricky's head is stuck so far up Rush Limbaugh's poop chute it's about to come out of the pus gutted, pig faced Limbaugh's mouth...well nothing will! Take his bigoted drivel with a grain of salt though!

Sacramento, CA

#60 Oct 8, 2013
How funny, another poster from Sacramento that doesn't like your Communism and your cry baby dictator and it must be the same person....LOL!!!

You need to stop inspecting the poop from those that you don't want talking. Silence those that don't agree with the great Oblama...LOL!!!
BS Buster

Elk Grove, CA

#61 Oct 8, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
How funny, another poster from Sacramento that doesn't like your Communism and your cry baby dictator and it must be the same person....LOL!!!
You need to stop inspecting the poop from those that you don't want talking. Silence those that don't agree with the great Oblama...LOL!!!
"Another poster" huh? Yeah right! You gave yourself away long ago Fire Man with your consecutive off top posts as well as your insane blather personally siphoned out of Rush Limbaugh's poop chute" "Dan" my ass! LOL

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Ricky finally came out of the closet, washed Rush Limbaugh's feces off his face and admitted he was "Dan"!

Folks just a reminder that "RiccardoFool" (also known as "Dan" when he in drag and on the rag!) has made these insane statements right here in this thread:

Remember also that in another thread "RiccardoFool"/ "Dan" also stated that every man, woman and CHILD Muslim should be murdered by the USA because the only good Muslim is a dead Muslim!

If that doesn't show you that "Dan"'s/Ricky's head is stuck so far up Rush Limbaugh's poop chute it's about to come out of the pus gutted, pig faced Limbaugh's mouth...well nothing will! Take his bigoted drivel with a grain of salt though!

Sacramento, CA

#62 Oct 9, 2013
I never follow Rush, but since you do, I thought I would go ahead and post from his show:

This is a man who voted twice against raising the debt ceiling when he was a senator. He did it once in March of 2006 and again in September of 2007. So it obviously can't be a crime against humanity. Now, what he said was that -- and he reiterated it. He said (paraphrasing), "Just because we raise the debt limit doesn't mean we're gonna go into more debt. The Republicans want you to believe that that's what we're gonna do." And he said, "If we don't raise the debt limit, we will not be able to pay our bills." And Warren Buffett has called that a nuclear bomb, and he quoted a couple of other people.

I'm telling you, don't take my word for it. He's lying. Or let me say it a different way. He's wrong. That is so incorrect. We will not default with the debt limit where it is. It's not even possible, folks. Every month the federal government collects income and other tax revenue, and the amount of revenue that the government collects every month is much more than is needed to pay our bills, and paying our bills is essentially paying the interest on the debt. That's it. And we have the money to do that, whether the debt limit changes or not, and he is just making it up when he tells people otherwise.

This was really bad. It was really, really bad. And here's a guy who voted twice against raising the debt limit when he was a senator, 2006 and 2007. And he did it to try to shut down the war in Iraq, in one instance. I forget what the other reason was. In both instances he called Bush all kinds of names. He called him irresponsible and any other number of things for wanting to raise the debt limit. This is not how you run a government, he said. This is irresponsible.

Here's guy who is trying to make it sound like he'll negotiate, and yet he's accusing the Republicans of ransoms and hostage taking and all of this. But it really is egregious. He is continuing to tell these whoppers about the debt limit not leading to more debt and about default.

Thanks for spreading "Rush" to us. Never realized he made so much sense.

Sacramento, CA

#63 Oct 9, 2013
Here is some more Rush, thanks for bringing him up:

So we're supposed to believe a guy who can't tell the truth about Obamacare and can't build a website, we're supposed to believe a guy who preaches doom and gloom and Armageddon over the debt ceiling. Why would we believe that Obama would abide by the debt limit anyway? He's got no problem changing or ignoring any other law when it suits him, even his own Obamacare. And he's happy to ignore immigration law.

Sacramento, CA

#64 Oct 9, 2013
Here is from Breitbart.com : I bet you want that site closed down too Mr Nazi.

In today's edition of polls the media will collectively ignore, a new AP-GFK polls finds that Barack Obama's job approval rating has plummeted to 37%. The President's disapproval rating is up to 53%. There is no good news in this poll for anyone, but if past is prologue, this is the number the media will pretend does not exist as they attempt to manufacture a reality where only the GOP is in trouble over the shutdown.

While the poll shows that 62% blame the GOP for the shutdown and "[a]bout half said Obama or the Democrats in Congress bear much responsibility," here are other important numbers the media will ignore in this poll:

Both Republican House Speaker John Boehner and Democrat Senate Majority Leader share a dismal 18% favorability rating.

A full 52% of those polled believe "Obama is not doing enough to cooperate with Republicans to end the shutdown; 63 percent say Republicans aren't doing enough to cooperate with him."
BS Buster

Elk Grove, CA

#65 Oct 9, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
I always follow Rush, but since you don't, I thought I would go ahead and post the latest discharge from his poop chute!:
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH AND SOME MORE BLAH
Thanks Rush for spreading your "SHIT" on us. Never realized he made so much sense since I've blinded by turds.
Uh huh! If you say so!
BS Buster

Elk Grove, CA

#67 Oct 9, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
Here is from Breitbart.com : I bet you want that site closed down too Mr Nazi.
In today's edition of polls the media will collectively ignore, a new AP-GFK polls finds that Barack Obama's job approval rating has plummeted to 37%. The President's disapproval rating is up to 53%. There is no good news in this poll for anyone, but if past is prologue, this is the number the media will pretend does not exist as they attempt to manufacture a reality where only the GOP is in trouble over the shutdown.
While the poll shows that 62% blame the GOP for the shutdown and "[a]bout half said Obama or the Democrats in Congress bear much responsibility," here are other important numbers the media will ignore in this poll:
Both Republican House Speaker John Boehner and Democrat Senate Majority Leader share a dismal 18% favorability rating.
A full 52% of those polled believe "Obama is not doing enough to cooperate with Republicans to end the shutdown; 63 percent say Republicans aren't doing enough to cooperate with him."
Who said anything about wanting ANY site closed down Mr. Shit For Brains Tea Bagger Limbaugh Licker?

Important thing to note about ALL the most recent polls is that the Republicans are rightly at the very bottom of the ratings heap and are being primarily held responsible for the government shutdown! Ted Cruz and the Tea Baggers are about as popular right now with the American public as a used condom in a church collection plate and even the right wing nut job site Breitbart (what a surprise you quote them!) can't put a good spin on that! LOL)

"Obama is pure evil"
"In Obama's mind, WWII vets are the enemy, and illegal aliens are the chosen people."

Is "Dan" really Topix troll and overpaid Elk Grove bedpan changer "RiccardoFool" in drag? Oh Hell yes! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Real Estate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Land For Sale 2 hr jstrong196 1
News General Growth still needs $900M debt extension (Dec '08) 2 hr subor 2
Adana Showflat.. 18 hr jummon 1
IntraCoastal Private Island for sale by owner H... (Oct '09) May 2 Private island 12
HISTORICAL BONDS WANTED -Petrobras, Brazilian T... (Feb '10) May 2 Jack 525
Skis Miltonia showflat May 1 jummon 1
Ft Lauderdale Real Estate Company's (Nov '14) Apr 30 calebhart54 3
More from around the web