Shutdown would hurt Sacramento's recovery but not kill it

Sep 30, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sacramento Bee Newspaper

The looming federal government shutdown wouldn’t obliterate Sacramento’s economic recovery, but in a region with thousands of federal employees – and a business climate where consumer confidence is finally getting better – the shutdown surely wouldn’t help, business leaders in the region said Monday.

Comments
1 - 20 of 586 Comments Last updated Dec 7, 2013
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

This shutdown is not going to be over anytime soon and folks might want to be thinking about being prepared for it to be down for a while.
Dan

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Roudy The Second wrote:
This shutdown is not going to be over anytime soon and folks might want to be thinking about being prepared for it to be down for a while.
I think it's more of the Democrat's fault, it seems right away they play the blame game, they are the ones that benefit from it having the media on their side.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's more of the Democrat's fault, it seems right away they play the blame game, they are the ones that benefit from it having the media on their side.
I think it is due to a divided country with very weak leadership, in all three branches of government . If there was an effective leader one side or the other would have prevailed by now and it would be over. That is why I do not see it ending anytime soon.

I see a lot of trouble ahead and it is going to take a major economic disaster like the crash of "29" and the depression that followed to wake people up. If we go into default we will see that happen.
BS Buster

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's more of the Democrat's fault, it seems right away they play the blame game, they are the ones that benefit from it having the media on their side.
Horseshit! It's all because of nut job Ted Cruz and his 30 or so right wing Tea Bagger cohorts, a minority even among Republicans but the party must pander to them now just as its panders to the NRA in fear of a backlash at the ballot box on election day. House leader John Boehner could end the stalemate right now if he had a pair of balls.

The point is Obamacare, love it or hate it, is the law of the land right now, approved by both houses of Congress, signed by the President and upheld by the Supreme Court. It is of course subject to repeal but this attempt to defund it (actually derail it!) is totally misguided and unacceptable. Cruz and his loony squad remind me of a bunch of spoiled brats who can't have their way every time and are throwing a tantrum. Many moderate Republicans would in fact like to take them out to the woodshed themselves! They aren't doing their party or the country any good at all!
Cowboy Dan

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Even among Republicans in Congress government shutdown instigator Ted Cruz is about as popular as a used condom in a church collection plate right now!

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/03/gop_senators_...
Dan

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

BS Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Horseshit! It's all because of nut job Ted Cruz and his 30 or so right wing Tea Bagger cohorts, a minority even among Republicans but the party must pander to them now just as its panders to the NRA in fear of a backlash at the ballot box on election day. House leader John Boehner could end the stalemate right now if he had a pair of balls.
The point is Obamacare, love it or hate it, is the law of the land right now, approved by both houses of Congress, signed by the President and upheld by the Supreme Court. It is of course subject to repeal but this attempt to defund it (actually derail it!) is totally misguided and unacceptable. Cruz and his loony squad remind me of a bunch of spoiled brats who can't have their way every time and are throwing a tantrum. Many moderate Republicans would in fact like to take them out to the woodshed themselves! They aren't doing their party or the country any good at all!
National Debt has increased more under Obama than under Bush. Those evil Republicans just want what Obama said he wanted when he campaigned for office, to reduce the debt. Is it still Bush's fault? I bet you believe everything the media wipes across your TV. Are you a warming alarmist too? ObamaCare is a train Wreck. Now our Leader is punishing us by spending more money to keep places closed. Figure that out? Except the Military base golf courses will stay open. This is the best thing in the minds of Democrats, it's all about the next elections and they knew they needed something to run on. I hope it backfires on them. Only idiots that worship Diane Sawyer and Company buy it. Which would include you. What's sad is somehow NOTHING is ever Obama's fault. Monuments and memorials remained open during previous shutdown

But our great leader wants to punish us. It should come as no surprise. A President that would use the full force of the IRS to silence his political opponents would have no problem restricting access to our memorials. He has no respect for the people those memorials honor anyway. What a small pathetic little man he is.

I wish we had the same security at Benghazi as we do now at the Memorials. The most corruption we have ever seen,
Is coming from “The Messiah” Obama regime.
Pathological liars one and all,
King Obama trying to stall.

Obama’s corrupt as one can be,
From the IRS, Benghazi and AP.
Fast and Furious was number one,
And lives were lost under this bum..
BS Buster

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>National Debt has increased more under Obama than under Bush. Those evil Republicans just want what Obama said he wanted when he campaigned for office, to reduce the debt. Is it still Bush's fault? I bet you believe everything the media wipes across your TV. Are you a warming alarmist too? ObamaCare is a train Wreck. Now our Leader is punishing us by spending more money to keep places closed. Figure that out? Except the Military base golf courses will stay open. This is the best thing in the minds of Democrats, it's all about the next elections and they knew they needed something to run on. I hope it backfires on them. Only idiots that worship Diane Sawyer and Company buy it. Which would include you. What's sad is somehow NOTHING is ever Obama's fault. Monuments and memorials remained open during previous shutdown
But our great leader wants to punish us. It should come as no surprise. A President that would use the full force of the IRS to silence his political opponents would have no problem restricting access to our memorials. He has no respect for the people those memorials honor anyway. What a small pathetic little man he is.
I wish we had the same security at Benghazi as we do now at the Memorials. The most corruption we have ever seen,
Is coming from “The Messiah” Obama regime.
Pathological liars one and all,
King Obama trying to stall.
Obama’s corrupt as one can be,
From the IRS, Benghazi and AP.
Fast and Furious was number one,
And lives were lost under this bum..
Thank you so much for the latest "discharge" from pus gutted, pig faced Rush Limbaugh's poop chute! Now wipe all that brown stuff off your face! The issue at hand here is the government shutdown and who is responsible, not whether global warming (in your learned Tea Bagger opinion!) is a hoax (that probably goes for evolution too!) or whether Obama takes a day off to play golf. Guess you'd rather have old Dubya back there reading comic books and scratching his ass while we got attacked and the economy went down the toilet.

As far as the media goes, talk radio is almost all right wing drivel and totally biased Fox News is at the top of the TV news rating game so your media comments are as irrelevant as the rest of your bigoted blather. No White House culpability has been proven in either the Benghazi or IRS situations either but keep on having those Tea Bagger wet dream fantasies if you choose!

Yeah it is good for Democrats and the next election because your own "messiah" or EMPEROR Ted Cruz and his Tea Party homies have proven not only they have no clothes but no brains. Just note what other Republicans privately and publically have said about them since this fiasco surfaced. Personally I can't wait for another Republican clown show in 2016 although it will be hard to top Rick Perry, Rick Santorum, Herman Cain, Michelle Bachmann, Ron Paul and old Mitt ("I Hate the other 47 per cent!") Romney himself. Barnum & Bailey couldn't have come up with a bigger collection of freaks! WIth Ted Cruz leading the pack this time? I just can't wait!!!

P.S. How about sticking on topic next time. We've already heard all that Rush Limbaugh inspired Tea Bagger drivel time and time again from your alter egos RiccardoFool and cwi530. Have a nice day!
Dan

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

i'm just saying you can't do as Obama and blame one side, it takes 2 to fight. while voters did choose Obama to be president, they also chose Republicans to control the House. Indeed, Republicans took control of the House in 2010, and were re-elected in 2012, in large part as a rejection of the president's policies. So, when they reject the president's policies while passing legislation, they are representing the will of their voters. The only election that seems to count, in Obama's view, is the one that elected him, while the elections that put Republicans in power should have no consequences.

I really don't need the insults, yes I have an opinion, no I don't have alter egos.
BS Buster

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
i'm just saying you can't do as Obama and blame one side, it takes 2 to fight. while voters did choose Obama to be president, they also chose Republicans to control the House. Indeed, Republicans took control of the House in 2010, and were re-elected in 2012, in large part as a rejection of the president's policies. So, when they reject the president's policies while passing legislation, they are representing the will of their voters. The only election that seems to count, in Obama's view, is the one that elected him, while the elections that put Republicans in power should have no consequences.
I really don't need the insults, yes I have an opinion, no I don't have alter egos.
You can indeed blame one side if they are the one totally responsible. In my opinion there is plenty of evidence that is just the case here even though it was just a small minority of Republicans, the Tea Party caucus led by Ted Cruz that directly caused this crisis. To their credit John Boehner, Mitch McConnell and the Republican majority in the House were not in favor of the defunding of Obamacare as a provision for not shutting down the government. Judging by the polls, even among Republicans, the "will of the voters" does not approve of this shutdown either.

As I stated before Obamacare is now the law of the land, subject to repeal or modification by legislation approved by the majority of Congress but not by arbitrarily defunding it because things didn't go the minority's way! Can you imagine the furor if for instance Republicans had passed an extensive immigration bill signed by a Republican President and a small group of leftist Democrats had tried to sabotage it with defunding in exchange for not shutting down the government? I'd be equally opposed and ready to place the blame squarely where it belonged there too!

I absolutely do respect your right to your opinion but let's try to stay at least somewhat on topic here.
Dan

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

BS Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
You can indeed blame one side if they are the one totally responsible. In my opinion there is plenty of evidence that is just the case here even though it was just a small minority of Republicans, the Tea Party caucus led by Ted Cruz that directly caused this crisis.
shows how ignorant you might be, Obama and his side are acting like spoiled brats, the same way he grew up. They are not willing to negotiate, it's my way or no way. wah...wah..wah...Not the way to run a country or a company. the Tea party's ONLY goal is for freedom, lower taxes and to destroy tyranny. They don't go around beating people up who disagree with them and they actually do what they CAMPAIGNED on. How's that for a novice idea? No lies? Don't blame the tea party, blame the millions that voted for them. How is that new healthCare going? LOL $175 premium for a young, healthy student? Thanks, Obamacare! Oblahblah, Pelosi, Reid and all the dhimmicrats lied. Oblahblahcare is the biggest hoax ever. It will hurt the poor, young unemployed and middle class families more than any legislation in history. You own it, dhimmicrats. When asked by CNSNews.com whether he had read all 10,535 pages of final Obamacare regulations that have so far been published in the Federal Register, Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.) asked in return whether it was "important" the he read them, dismissed the inquiry as a "propaganda question," LOL.....This shutdown is all part of the democrat plan. it's the only thing they have left after pushing obamacare down our throats that will destroy jobs and be a train wreck.
BS Buster

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>shows how ignorant you might be, Obama and his side are acting like spoiled brats, the same way he grew up. They are not willing to negotiate, it's my way or no way. wah...wah..wah...Not the way to run a country or a company. the Tea party's ONLY goal is for freedom, lower taxes and to destroy tyranny. They don't go around beating people up who disagree with them and they actually do what they CAMPAIGNED on. How's that for a novice idea? No lies? Don't blame the tea party, blame the millions that voted for them. How is that new healthCare going? LOL $175 premium for a young, healthy student? Thanks, Obamacare! Oblahblah, Pelosi, Reid and all the dhimmicrats lied. Oblahblahcare is the biggest hoax ever. It will hurt the poor, young unemployed and middle class families more than any legislation in history. You own it, dhimmicrats. When asked by CNSNews.com whether he had read all 10,535 pages of final Obamacare regulations that have so far been published in the Federal Register, Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.) asked in return whether it was "important" the he read them, dismissed the inquiry as a "propaganda question," LOL.....This shutdown is all part of the democrat plan. it's the only thing they have left after pushing obamacare down our throats that will destroy jobs and be a train wreck.
You're the REAL ignoramus mother***er and you keep demonstrating that every time you open your uniformed and ignorant Tea Bagger mouth! Your cornhole buddy Ted Cruz and the rest of the pandering to Tea Bagger Republicans are the ones saying "my way or the highway" in other words "don't fund Obamacare (the law of the land!) or we'll shut down the country!"

Your version of the Tea Party's so called "goals" is so ludicrous it doesn't even justify the dignity of a response!!! "Destroy tyranny" is particular hilarious in light of the tyrant Cruz controlling the rest of the gutless Republicans.

Millions voted for the Tea Party??? When was the Tea Party itself ever on the ballot? People identifying themselves as Tea Party members are in fact a small part of the American population, even a small minority of the Republican party!

Nearly every developed country on the planet including our immediate northern and southern neighbors, has a form of affordable medical care for EVERYONE as do even some third world countries. That America the richest country in the world has taken so long is an absolute disgrace. Obamacare has been of course demonized by sub-morons like Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann and the rest of the Obama hating nut jobs (your gurus!) but to us rational people it's a step in the right direction and will in time be as accepted and appreciated as much as Social Security and Medicare (which just by coincidence were also fought against and demonized by you selfish, know nothing right wing screwballs) or Congress's own government run health plan!

"Shutdown is all part of the Democrat plan"??? More hilarity from a clown with his head stuck up his ass...or I should say Rush Limbaugh's ass! In the end the shutdown will probably do the Democrats a lot of good though! As somebody else said here Ted Cruz and the Republicans are about as popular now (and relevant!) as a used condom in a church collection plate! Dream on Dumbo if you think you're going to see a President Cruz in 2016! It ain't gonna' happen sucker!
Dan

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

The games politicians play: Barack Obama is having a lot of fun using the government shutdown to squeeze the public in imaginative ways. The point of the shutdown game is to see who can squeeze hardest, make the most pious speech and listen for the applause. It’s a variation on the grade-school ritual of “you show me yours, and I’ll show you mine.”

obama closed the MLK memorial in hopes that blacks across the nation would start a few race riots. He is looking for anything he can find to declare martial law. It's hard to fathom an administration that relishes in punishing the people. Obama is grinding his axe on our collective heads. We are in for some real pain folks, before this tyrant is done. It's payback time if you know what I mean. Bama, the petulant child president, is at war with the American people. Usually, when a petulant child throws a tantrum, it effects only the parent(s) present and the other customers in the store where the little darling puts on his/her show. Unfortunately, when said professional, practitioner of petulance, is the President of the United States, the collateral damage is considerably greater. In Obama's mind, WWII vets are the enemy, and illegal aliens are the chosen people. In Obama's mind, WWII vets are the enemy, and illegal aliens are the chosen people. People voted for this clown BECAUSE he was supposed to end all the bitterness and division! LOL!!!!!
Freeway Joe

Sheridan, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

You all need to be on OxyClinton. It is covered under Obamacare.

http://www.google.com/url...
BS Buster

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
The games politicians play: Barack Obama is having a lot of fun using the government shutdown to squeeze the public in imaginative ways. The point of the shutdown game is to see who can squeeze hardest, make the most pious speech and listen for the applause. It’s a variation on the grade-school ritual of “you show me yours, and I’ll show you mine.”
obama closed the MLK memorial in hopes that blacks across the nation would start a few race riots. He is looking for anything he can find to declare martial law. It's hard to fathom an administration that relishes in punishing the people. Obama is grinding his axe on our collective heads. We are in for some real pain folks, before this tyrant is done. It's payback time if you know what I mean. Bama, the petulant child president, is at war with the American people., is at war with the American people. Usually, when a petulant child throws a tantrum, it effects only the parent(s) present and the other customers in the store where the little darling puts on his/her show. Unfortunately, when said professional, practitioner of petulance, is the President of the United States, the collateral damage is considerably greater. In Obama's mind, WWII vets are the enemy, and illegal aliens are the chosen people. In Obama's mind, WWII vets are the enemy, and illegal aliens are the chosen people. People voted for this clown BECAUSE he was supposed to end all the bitterness and division! LOL!!!!!
"obama closed the MLK memorial in hopes that blacks across the nation would start a few race riots"
" Bama, the petulant child president, is at war with the American people."
" In Obama's mind, WWII vets are the enemy, and illegal aliens are the chosen people."

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Only from the mind and mouth of a delusional Tea Bagger with his head stuck so far up Rush Limbaugh's poop chute that it's about to come out of old Pus Gut's mouth could you hear such insane blather! And these Tea Baggers wonder why even mainstream and responsible Republicans like McCain and Boehner think they are f***ing NUTS!

Thanks for the laugh of the day Dumbass! Come back anytime Rush lets loose with another explosive uh....discharge on you! LOL
Dan

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Fifty-seven House Democrats have broken ranks with Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Minority Whip Steny Hoyer to vote with Republicans to fund parts of the government like veterans programs, national parks and the National Institutes of Health.

Sixteen of those Democrats voted for all six targeted appropriations bills, introduced at the behest of House Speaker John Boehner, including measures to fund the National Guard and Reserve, NIH, national parks, the District of Columbia and two separate votes for veterans programs.(The House of Representatives voted twice to restore funding for veterans programs, once Oct. 1 and a second time Oct. 3.)

Feds lock Normandy cemetery despite having $85 million on hand for monuments

In Obama's mind, WWII vets are the enemy, and illegal aliens are the chosen people. People voted for this clown BECAUSE he was supposed to end all the bitterness and division! LOL!!!!!
Farmer Logic

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

BS Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
"obama closed the MLK memorial in hopes that blacks across the nation would start a few race riots"
" In Obama's mind, WWII vets are the enemy, and illegal aliens are the chosen people."
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Only from the mind and mouth of a delusional Tea Bagger with his head stuck so far up Rush Limbaugh's poop chute that it's about to come out of old Pus Gut's mouth could you hear such insane blather! And these Tea Baggers wonder why even mainstream and responsible Republicans like McCain and Boehner think they are f***ing NUTS!
Thanks for the laugh of the day Dumbass! Come back anytime Rush lets loose with another explosive uh....discharge on you! LOL
You are the dumbest poster ever. You need to stop licking Rush`s balls. Lol....
BS Buster

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
Fifty-seven House Democrats have broken ranks with Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Minority Whip Steny Hoyer to vote with Republicans to fund parts of the government like veterans programs, national parks and the National Institutes of Health.
Sixteen of those Democrats voted for all six targeted appropriations bills, introduced at the behest of House Speaker John Boehner, including measures to fund the National Guard and Reserve, NIH, national parks, the District of Columbia and two separate votes for veterans programs.(The House of Representatives voted twice to restore funding for veterans programs, once Oct. 1 and a second time Oct. 3.)
Feds lock Normandy cemetery despite having $85 million on hand for monuments
In Obama's mind, WWII vets are the enemy, and illegal aliens are the chosen people. People voted for this clown BECAUSE he was supposed to end all the bitterness and division! LOL!!!!!
Republicans are trying to cover their asses for being totally responsible for shutting down the government with their outrageous demand that to prevent the shutdown Obamacare, the legitimate law of the land had to be defunded! What Boehner would really like to be is punch that pompous Tea Bagger Ted Cruz's lights out for bringing the party either further down the toilet than it was after the last election!

Folks note what this crazy Tea Bagger mother***er "Dan" said in his last insane post:

""obama closed the MLK memorial in hopes that blacks across the nation would start a few race riots"

If that doesn't show you Dan's head is stuck so far up Rush Limbaugh's poop chute it's about to come out of old Pus Gut's mouth...well nothing will! LOL
Farmer Alfalfa

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
In Obama's mind, WWII vets are the enemy, and illegal aliens are the chosen people. In Obama's mind, WWII vets are the enemy, and illegal aliens are the chosen people. People voted for this clown BECAUSE he was supposed to end all the bitterness and division! LOL!!!!!
You are the dumbest poster ever. You ought to stop licking Rush Limbaugh's balls....lol
Dan

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

All I got to say is In Obama's mind, WWII vets are the enemy, and illegal aliens are the chosen people. In Obama's mind, WWII vets are the enemy, and illegal aliens are the chosen people.
BS Buster

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
All I got to say is "obama closed the MLK memorial in hopes that blacks across the nation would start a few race riots"
Which only proves once again that you are one of the dumbest mother***ers on the planet with your head stuck so far up Rush Limbaugh's poop chute that it's about to come out of the pus gutted, pig faced Limbaugh's mouth! Hey you forgot to claim Obama is a born in Kenya Muslim! LOL

Note that even the American Legion is accusing Republicans (the same pricks who are always trying to cut Vet benefits!) of trying to use Vets as a pawn in their game to change the blame for the shutdown.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 30
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Real Estate Forum right now

Search the Real Estate Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
First Time Homebuyers in Virginia Real Estate M... 41 min Elaine VonCannon 1
Direct Connect to MTN and BG Seller/Mandate (Jul '09) 1 hr zhenko 106
Real Estate Agents: Single-Family Homes a Hot R... (Jun '12) Tue lolo 64
Added Neighborhoods and New Listings Tue Team Elite 1
Best European skylines (Feb '14) Tue phoenixxx221 8
crude oil buyers wanted (Aug '11) Mon declan quinn 67
Haunted House? (Aug '06) Aug 17 Kirby Wyrick 170
•••
•••