Taxes could be biggest issue in La Habra Heights City Council election

Dec 21, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Whittier Daily News

With two ballot measures dealing with taxes, key issues this year could be what level of revenue is appropriate and how do you fund city government.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Voter Choice 4 More Taxes

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Voters have a clear choice in the upcoming election.

Kyle Miller and Michael Higgins both voted for the tripled Road Tax.

Kyle Miller was a member and spokesperson for the secret Road Tax Committee, which met behind closed doors,and whose members were not even revealed to the public until it was time to roll out the tripled tax proposal.

Kyle Miller has spoken at recent Council meetings in favor of all taxes proposed. There doesn't seem to be a tax he doesn't like.

He wants the oil tax increased, even though it will reduce residents royalties.

He wants the Gann limit increased even though the city admits it is not needed, and will only open the door for more spending.

As residents have been increasingly concerned about the council acting behind closed doors, which is a violation of the Brown Act (the open meeting law that requires decisions to be made in public and public input to be taken), Michael Higgins stated at his council interview, "I hate the Brown Act" and went on to explain he wanted to meet behind closed doors and then bring the decision forward to the public.---- Thanks Mike.

As editor of the Heights Life, Higgins never informed the voters of the proposed water rate increase --- maybe because his wife is a paid member of the water board?

As Heights Life editor, Higgins did not print any information about candidates for the recent Water Board election until after the election was over.

As editor of the Heights Life, only articles favorable to the Road Tax were printed. Residents had to learn the facts about the Road Tax elsewhere, and ultimately voted it down over 2-1.

If higher taxes and back room deals are what you want, Higgins and Miller are the ones to vote for.
Merry Xmas from LHHIA

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

See LHHIA Christmas wish

http://boycottlhhia.blogspot.com/
Motor Voter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

The IA backed candidates have the same agenda, just a couple of different faces. The shell game failed when tripling the roads tax was defeated. The issue isn't whether the roads need to be maintained, it is the use of that money for General Fund purposes to cover the mismanagement inside City Hall. Are these new candidates going to willingly take the fall after the DA investigation is completed?

Are the new council members just going to sign off on the expenditures without knowing? Maybe if they get some of the sweetheart deals available to council and friends they will get along to go along. But be careful. Matching bracelets and chain may come with it.
Miller on rat patrol

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Mr. Miller, who are you calling a rat?

Kyle Miller
December 30, 2012 12:41 PM

"This is a false characterization of me and my views. I strongly encourage who ever is viewing this defamatory post to please seek me out in the community to get my views regarding city issues. This person obviously has an agenda and if they had the courage of their convictions they would reveal their identity so they could be fairly rebutted. Please note the picture located in the top left. That is a rat depiction of a long time city resident who was buried only a few weeks ago. Disgusting. I ask you, one resident to another, can you support a candidate would display this behavior or surround himself with someone that would do this? Let's come together and get to work.

Kyle Miller" http://boycottlhhia.blogspot.com/
Kyle Miller Losin It

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

What Kyle????????

The only characterization about Kyle Miller in the cartoon is "I like taxes".

see it here http://boycottlhhia.blogspot.com/

The only thing we really know about Kyle Miller is that he likes taxes, and back room government.

If you watch the city council meetings, Kyle is like a "jack-in-the-box" popping up to support one tax or another.

Road Tax- yes
Oil Tax on residents' royalties - yes
Gann Limit Tax spending - yes

The two council candidates sponsored by the La Habra Heights
Improvement Association both support taxes and doing the public's business behind closed doors.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Real Estate Forum right now

Search the Real Estate Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
I want to buy a watch 10 hr explorer-ii 1
Add new comment (Feb '09) 10 hr daytona 280
Just Listed in Fayetteville New Home Listings... 23 hr Team Elite 1
HISTORICAL BONDS WANTED -Petrobras, Brazilian T... (Feb '10) Tue Merovingianul 519
Lifestyles Real Estate sued by investors who lo... (Oct '10) Jul 5 anon 47
Purchase A Nevada Shelf Corporation w/ an activ... (Feb '11) Jul 4 paul 20
looking for gold dust and diamond buyers (Nov '09) Jul 3 francis wilson 41
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••