Syria activists say Aleppo air raids ...

Syria activists say Aleppo air raids killed 100

There are 7 comments on the Seattle Post-Intelligencer story from Dec 17, 2013, titled Syria activists say Aleppo air raids killed 100. In it, Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports that:

In this Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013 citizen journalism image provided by Aleppo Media Center, AMC, which has been authenticated based on its contents and other AP reporting, Syrians gather around damaged buildings while others try to extinguish fires following a Syrian government airstrike in Aleppo, Syria.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

Barrels Assad

South Africa

#1 Dec 17, 2013
Ith Idris is not zdead in zthe 100 I promiz thu kil anazthor 200 thommorow, watsch me zdoing it.lol.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#2 Dec 17, 2013
Hospitals in the northern Syrian city of Aleppo are overwhelmed with casualties, an international aid group warned Tuesday, as government warplanes blasted opposition areas of the city as part of a withering three-day air assault that has killed more than 100 people.

The intensified air campaign, which one activist group in the city called "unprecedented," suggests President Bashar Assad's government is trying to crush opposition in the contested city, Syria's largest, ahead of an international peace conference scheduled for late January in Switzerland.

Location hidden

#3 Dec 17, 2013
'Barrel bombs' just another symbol of brutality in Syrian civil war

Dropped from low-flying helicopters on civilian streets in the Northern city of Aleppo, the bombs are crudely packed with nails, gasoline and TNT.

Children as young as 1 year old died over the weekend, according to a leading opposition group.

"A helicopter came, and suddenly out of nowhere a barrel hit this area. About 30 people died, including women and children who were waiting their turn so they can get the bread," said one witness, who claimed the attacks came while food was bring distributed.

On Tuesday, the aid group Doctors Without Borders said that more than 100 people have been killed in three days of barrel bomb attacks by Syrian army helicopters.

"For the past three days, the helicopters have been targeting different areas, among them a school and the Haydarya roundabout, where people wait for public transport vehicles," said Aitor Zabalgogeazkoa, MSF coordinator in Syria.

"Repeated attacks often lead to chaos and make it more difficult to treat the wounded, therefore increasing the number of fatalities," he said in a statement

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/barrel-bom...

Location hidden

#4 Dec 17, 2013
Saudi ready to act on Iran, Syria,'with or without' West

The West's policies on Iran and Syria are a "dangerous gamble" and Saudi Arabia is prepared to act on its own to safeguard security in the region, a top Saudi diplomat said.

"This is a dangerous gamble, about which we cannot remain silent, and will not stand idly by," he wrote.

"The West has allowed one regime to survive and the other to continue its program for uranium enrichment, with all the consequent dangers of weaponization," he wrote.

http://news.yahoo.com/saudi-ready-act-iran-sy...
George

Red Deer, Canada

#5 Dec 18, 2013
just a guy i knew wrote:
Saudi ready to act on Iran, Syria,'with or without' West
The West's policies on Iran and Syria are a "dangerous gamble" and Saudi Arabia is prepared to act on its own to safeguard security in the region, a top Saudi diplomat said.
"This is a dangerous gamble, about which we cannot remain silent, and will not stand idly by," he wrote.
"The West has allowed one regime to survive and the other to continue its program for uranium enrichment, with all the consequent dangers of weaponization," he wrote.
http://news.yahoo.com/saudi-ready-act-iran-sy...
It is a very dangerous gamble that the US took in not proceeding with military intervention. The Saudi have the funds to put together the army and the equipment to let them use but will they pull the trigger? Israel has also been in talks with Saudi Arabia, I wonder if there is some joint efforts in the making?
Avenger

Waterloo, Canada

#6 Dec 19, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a very dangerous gamble that the US took in not proceeding with military intervention. The Saudi have the funds to put together the army and the equipment to let them use but will they pull the trigger? Israel has also been in talks with Saudi Arabia, I wonder if there is some joint efforts in the making?
No military intervention let the different sects battle each and get there virgins if there are any left. lol
And if the Ayatollahs break the deals they look even worse.
The unstable North Koreans and Pakis have nuks already.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#7 Dec 30, 2013
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
No military intervention let the different sects battle each and get there virgins if there are any left. lol
And if the Ayatollahs break the deals they look even worse.
The unstable North Koreans and Pakis have nuks already.
I cannot imagine what goes through Assads head to make decisions to make barrel bombs to kill some 500 people, then say to the Pope he wants to TALK about peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Real Estate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Haunted House? (Aug '06) 6 hr Creepy Honeybrook... 175
News Real Estate Agents: Single-Family Homes a Hot R... (Jun '12) Aug 23 microadsl 242
News Tiny home production line, Minim Micro Homes, e... Aug 22 Serratus Anterior 1
Working in Real Estate in US & Internationally Aug 12 LAVON AFFAIR 2
buyer beware!!! (Jun '15) Aug 12 trust no zionist 154
News Whom does a real estate agent really represent? (Jul '15) Aug 10 Mrs Vicky 3
Want to Sell your Home IN MA ? Aug 9 Real Esatte Consu... 1
More from around the web