Did Ron Johnson Wreck J.C. Penney?

Did Ron Johnson Wreck J.C. Penney?

There are 2 comments on the Seeking Alpha story from May 10, 2013, titled Did Ron Johnson Wreck J.C. Penney?. In it, Seeking Alpha reports that:

We have been following J.C. Penney Company Inc. off and on since 2011 because Bill Ackman had taken a position in JCP and because Ackman was influential in recruiting Ron Johnson away from Apple Retail in order to become JCP's new CEO to succeed Myron Ullman, who was JCP's CEO from 2004-2011. Although we demurred from taking a stake in JCP, we were ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seeking Alpha.

former penneys customer

Greensburg, KY

#1 May 11, 2013
If JCPENNEY'S is serious about getting their old customers back, they are going to have to stop sending out sale papers with anorexic babies and start selling clothing for the average person. Not everyone is a size 2,and not everyone wants to show every bit of their body short of being totally nude.
Bad taste in mouth

Hampton, VA

#2 May 11, 2013
Well, that would not be cheap chic, now would it? That was Ronnie's plan and you can bet he signed long term agreements for that size 2 stuff, so it aint't going anywher.. LOL, you can see that target group feeding like pigs at a trough at Five Guy's Burgers eating a 3,000 calorie lunch just down fom JCP, give then 8 years. They need to rip out those Conran, Graves and Happy Chic Adler mini shops, but no, they are adding to that horror show. I been in a JCP about 4 times since Ronnie's firing, not to buy anything, I am not wasting my time, just to get to the mall, there seems to be more people shopping only in the rack areas, or that sea of racks, as Ronnie derogatorily called it. These area was full of sale signs about 30 people, up from 1-2. There is no one around those home mini shops. Those mini shops biting into sq footage with less merchandise will bring down JCP. You watch that idiot Ron at JCPmediaroom.com , if they haven't removed it, the idea you can display as much merchandise on walls vs floor space factoring in the 15 foot "streets" was just crazy. Check to see if that hour long dog and pony video is still up at JCPmediaroom. It is insane.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Real Estate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New plaza's user fee shocks shoppers (Mar '09) Jan 18 Sandy 2
News Real Estate Agents: Single-Family Homes a Hot R... (Jun '12) Jan 17 koko32 254
News Trump recommits to border tax Jan 13 berklee 37
New agent Jan 13 BrookeWinn 3
News The Latest: Mexico's president says no to payin... Jan 12 tomin cali 1
News Johnson Associates Announces Addition of Two Ne... (May '14) Jan 11 loads 4 broker ow... 8
Renting a house (Oct '14) Jan 11 BrookeWinn 3
More from around the web