Chuck E. Cheese coming to Danbury

Chuck E. Cheese coming to Danbury

There are 30 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Jun 28, 2009, titled Chuck E. Cheese coming to Danbury. In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

A local businessman is planning to open a Chuck E. Cheese restaurant and entertainment center near the Danbury Fair mall this fall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Danbury Born

Burlington, VT

#2 Jun 29, 2009
Oh, no. There goes the neighborhood. Those CEC places are total low end skell attractions. There is already a Toys R Us over there, so throw in CEC and it won't be long before the Dollar Store, pawn shops and check cashing places show up.

This recession will turn Danbury in to Waterbury soon enough.
DanburyMan

United States

#3 Jun 29, 2009
Thats great news. Danbury really lacks any good Indoor playing space for small children. Everyone crowds in the Danbury mall children play area for the weekend outing in Winter times. Kids will like this for sure.
Nemesys

Danbury, CT

#4 Jun 29, 2009
"Worst pizza I ever ate. Only the frozen pizza connoisseur's think it's good."

Well, Chucky and Little Ceasar's are pretty close for that honor. But why waste good pizza on crumb crunchers? They're more likely to wear it than eat it.

Firenze Pizza on Main St. used to freeze their pizzas and they werent' half bad, at least to college students at 1:00 AM
Job

Windsor, CT

#6 Jun 29, 2009
I guess Boston Billiards sin't coming back...
Ironic

United States

#7 Jun 29, 2009
Too funny...use to be a place for people to get totally smashed...now a place for children.
Sammy

Burlington, VT

#8 Jun 29, 2009
Is this really front page news?
J J Reddork

Hartford, CT

#9 Jun 29, 2009
upchucky wrote:
Worst pizza I ever ate. Only the frozen pizza connoisseur's think it's good.
...these are the same people that think tose Budweiser double-hose hats are cool...
O and A fan

Monroe, CT

#12 Jun 29, 2009
come on danbury. you guys need a Dave and Busters! thats CEC with booze~
About time

Lebanon, CT

#13 Jun 29, 2009
I'm surprised that no one has ever tried to open one in the area before. These places are gold mines. Kids love going there and it's a break for the parents.
Oh Dear

AOL

#14 Jun 29, 2009
I have young kids and wouldnt go to one of these. Even the place on Mill Plain Road makes me cringe. Too Filthy!!! I bet CEC will be filthy too within a week. Yuck!!!!
happy mom

United States

#15 Jun 29, 2009
it about time that Danbury is getting something fun for the children to do I'm very happy and hope that the place is going to be kept clean
Heck NO

Brewster, NY

#16 Jun 30, 2009
Okay, here's another place that will cater to the illegal's in Danbury. I'll bet you the $30,000.00 plus a month rent that there will be nothing here but illegal Equadorians, Mexicans, Brazilians...and maybe some Guatamalans from Brewster thrown in for good measure!
Is there anybody in Danbury looking to improve this town?
Needs vs Wants

Dallas, TX

#17 Jun 30, 2009
J J Reddork wrote:
<quoted text>
...these are the same people that think tose Budweiser double-hose hats are cool...
You mean the hats aren't cool?

And, I just bought one for my wife's birthday.

What about those tree-shaped air fresheners you hang in the car? There are, like, twenty different scents.

I guess I will just get her a gift certificate for a free pizza at Senor Chuck E's.
Sammy Sarcasm

Hartford, CT

#18 Jun 30, 2009
happy mom wrote:
I'm very happy and hope that the place is going to be kept clean
Oh. I'm. Sure. It. Will. Be. Kept. Clean.

Just. Like. CityCenter. Danbury.
Some Girl

Bethel Island, CA

#19 Jul 1, 2009
When In the fall time? I wouldn't mind working there as a second part-time job... I think working with little kids is fun... and I could deffinatly use the extra money, I think Its about time they opened up a Chuck E Cheese because Fun Station just Isn't cutting it anymore...they should have opened one up years ago when they closed down discovery zone...

Since: Feb 09

I'm just sayin'

#20 Jul 9, 2009
LOL!
Even though I'm 14 hearing about Chuck E Cheese's makes me happy.
USCFILE

Danbury, CT

#21 Jul 9, 2009
Sammy Sarcasm wrote:
Oh. I'm. Sure. It. Will. Be. Kept. Clean.
Just. Like. CityCenter. Danbury.
thanks, sammy!
the Brazilian businesses that revived main street DO keep it much cleaner than in the 90's. also there are less winos, as Latinos tend to care for their relatives better.

God bless Michael Jackson!
alex

Dallas, TX

#22 Jul 9, 2009
USCFILE wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks, sammy!
the Brazilian businesses that revived main street DO keep it much cleaner than in the 90's. also there are less winos, as Latinos tend to care for their relatives better.
You obviously didn't live here during the 80s. Danbury is a shadow of its former self.
watcher419

Houston, TX

#23 Jul 9, 2009
USCFILE wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks, sammy!
Downtown is pumpin' these days! The only place I cared to go to in the early 90's was Yankee Peddler Pawn for cheap, used electronic equipment. Now there are shops everywhere, strangers say "hello", and you rarely find trash on the ground.
C Heston

Ridgefield, CT

#24 Jul 9, 2009
Seems like you didn't live here either. I worked downtown from 86 -94. Downtown was full of empty shops, street walkers (Majority were locals), a shanty town where the train station is now and the streets were littered with needles and crack vials.

I think Alex just misses when parents would let their kids out alone. Made life easy for him.

Alex I'm sure you will be a regular at Chuck E's. Maybe you can get a job so it won't look so weird you are hanging in the boys rooms.
alex wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously didn't live here during the 80s. Danbury is a shadow of its former self.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Real Estate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Realtors object to proposed business tax (Aug '10) Feb 25 Montgomery Loser 51
Stevens Suites by El Developement Pte Ltd Feb 23 wendellgutierrez 1
Recently Renovated Property in Berlin Boro with... Feb 22 jmllr16 1
Trulia and Zillow is it worth it Feb 21 Yesitherealtor 1
News Police warn of new Craigslist scam (May '11) Feb 20 Local 15
Please help trying to buy a 1970 "mobile home" Feb 18 NorrisPA 1
Realtor vs. Non Realtor Feb 15 HighlandsRanchBroker 1
More from around the web