RP is 'hottest real estate market in ...

RP is 'hottest real estate market in Southeast Asia'

There are 56 comments on the www.abs-cbnnews.com story from Jul 8, 2008, titled RP is 'hottest real estate market in Southeast Asia' . In it, www.abs-cbnnews.com reports that:

Tourism, offshoring and onshoring are driving the property market in the Philippines to the top of real estate investors' list, an executive of a global property consulting and research firm said.

Trent Frankum, general manager of the Philippine office of CB Richard Ellis Group (CBRE), a Los Angeles-headquartered real estate adviser to investors and occupiers, spoke about the topic, "The Philippines – the hottest market in Southeast Asia," during the Investment and International Property Expo in Hong Kong last June.

In the audience were property experts and investors from featured property experts and investors from global companies headquartered in Asia, Australia, and the UK.

LALA RIMANDO, abs-cbnNEWS.com/Newsbreak

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.abs-cbnnews.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
linta

Brisbane, Australia

#43 Dec 18, 2008
Visaya wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you Jane. PI to me is still the best!
then pack up and go home. renounce your US citizenship and the yanks would say geyd riddance amigo or amiga. Philippines is only good for balikbayans and tourists with money on a short term holiday. to live there, well, just go to Youtube and enter 'philippine street kids" and philippine poverty. you wont even be proud to say that you are a pinoy.
Vic_Danish_Pilot

Denmark

#44 Dec 19, 2008
Visaya wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you Jane. PI to me is still the best!
We are many to say so even we are not Philippines, but only we love the country and all the polite people living there ......
So can only agree ........ to many .......... at the site..........

Thanks.........
Visaya

San Francisco, CA

#45 Dec 19, 2008
linta wrote:
<quoted text>
then pack up and go home. renounce your US citizenship and the yanks would say geyd riddance amigo or amiga. Philippines is only good for balikbayans and tourists with money on a short term holiday. to live there, well, just go to Youtube and enter 'philippine street kids" and philippine poverty. you wont even be proud to say that you are a pinoy.
Sorry I don't need your opinion. I have been going back and forth to PI and I know that money and/or material things could not buy peace and happiness.

Sometimes I get grouchy and assume a cold air towards those who have been unkind to me for expressing my personal beliefs and opinions - but I don't care.
Visaya

San Francisco, CA

#46 Dec 19, 2008
Jane Abao wrote:
<quoted text>
Visaya,
Don't be pissed off by trolls here. Simply ignore them.
Thank you Jane for the reminder.
Dale

Mississauga, Canada

#47 Dec 19, 2008
I don't think you understand each other. your in the same page, so why fight?
Dale

Mississauga, Canada

#48 Dec 19, 2008
sorry, i thought this is a different thread..
anyway.. I can't help but think why our government chooses foreigners to invest in our country instead of enriching our entrepreneurs and investors.
Also, I don't know why our government sell our rice fields and forests to land developers, then sell the developed land to the rich (and foreigners) there are a lot of other lands that needs improving, I hope they leave the beautiful ones alone.
Gabor Korpas

Budapest, Hungary

#49 Dec 19, 2008
Jane Abao wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct!
Gabor Korpas, thanks for participating in the discussions.
I do not know your exact real estate market. I am not a Philippines citizen. I wrote my general opinion about that an poorer country has to save the agricultural land and the forrests from the foreign investors.
My country the land consists of 4 main forms.
1. Inner territory = industrial (+mining)+ inhabbited area.
2. Agricultural land (arable area + gardens for fruits and grape + fishing lakes + pasture aerea)
3. forrests (national forrests (state ownership)+ recreational forrest belong to the settlements = 70% of the forrests and 30% privet forrests)
4. Special state ownership (National parks, Lakes, rivers, military areas, etc.)
This time only almost 100% of first type aerea is free to the foreign investors.
There is a difficult state procedure to put aereas from the 2.-3.-4. types to the 1. type.
This procedure was another main aim for the South Italian maffias in the 50s and 60s decades.
I do not know if your country's authorities are similar procedure to save the forrests and agricultural lands?
RDT

Poolesville, MD

#50 Dec 20, 2008
Dale wrote:
sorry, i thought this is a different thread..
anyway.. I can't help but think why our government chooses foreigners to invest in our country instead of enriching our entrepreneurs and investors.
Also, I don't know why our government sell our rice fields and forests to land developers, then sell the developed land to the rich (and foreigners) there are a lot of other lands that needs improving, I hope they leave the beautiful ones alone.
This is a simple explanation of the reasons why central planned economies tend to be woefully inefficient.

“Know thyself.”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#51 Dec 22, 2008
RDT wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a simple explanation of the reasons why central planned economies tend to be woefully inefficient.
Thanks, RDT.

We really need to upgrade the kind of discussions we have here.

"Why central planned economies tend to be woefully inefficient."

Please elaborate.
Monte

Lake Worth, FL

#54 Jun 25, 2009
They need more sites where you can see the real estate available....
to CBRE

Bangkok, Thailand

#56 Jun 26, 2009
Who can trust this company ? bastards!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#58 Aug 27, 2012
I believe so. Condominium acquisition has been boosting. And there had been so many housing projects that are transpiring, especially in the metro. I wonder how Philippines is taking in all of this. I mean, there must be an economic gain on their part.

Since: May 12

Bagong Ilog, Philippines

#59 Aug 27, 2012
That's right. The Philippines boasts its real estate developments which are up to par and that are economic- friendly and within your means as well. More and more people are into condominium acquisition lately. I actually bought one from DMCI homes which is called Zinnia Towers.
No way

Apple Valley, CA

#60 Aug 27, 2012
There is no way I'm going to invest on real estates in the philippines! For all I know even if I pay the property I may not own it. There is lots of rumor about buying real estates property in the philippines everytime I heard it Its scare the heck out of me.

If you have the money the best place to invest on real estate property right now is here in the u.s.a. Its a buyer market meaning the interest rate is so low, Plus real estates properties are cheap.

To those who is planning to buy real estates property in the philippines be careful.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#61 Aug 28, 2012
As far as i know and have heard individuals still cant go to the filipins and purchase land in their own name, so whats all of this bally-whooing about?

I have no doubt that if foreigners were to come here and begin buying up property they would be subject to the worst feeding frenzy ever witnessed in the filipns.

It would be open season on foreigners and bodies everywhere.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#62 Aug 28, 2012
HerwinRs wrote:
That's right. The Philippines boasts its real estate developments which are up to par and that are economic- friendly and within your means as well. More and more people are into condominium acquisition lately. I actually bought one from DMCI homes which is called Zinnia Towers.
Foreigners dont want condos. They want land and lots of it. They dont like being jammed up close together like sardines in a can.

Land plats, boundary markers, authentic legal documents, reliable honest surveyors, qualified licensed realtors, barely exist here and foreigners require all of those and more.

I watched a surveyor here moving boundary markers just to make his clients property larger while the other owner was absent and had no say in it.

You cant go into the municipal hall and ask to see real estate records, because none of them are accurate or up to date and no one will help you or even care unless you pay them and then you still get lied to.

Investors here will be major corporations or wealthy chinese whos only interest will be to exploit cheap labor to further build their inroads into filipin society.

Probably better for the filipins in the long run anyway. Filipinos arent doing anything worth while with their own country. Just destroying it as fast as they can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Real Estate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Real Estate Agents: Single-Family Homes a Hot R... (Jun '12) 23 hr sitedesign 240
buyer beware!!! (Jun '15) Jun 23 Jennifer 150
News Crime 14 mins ago 7:57 p.m.Man found guilty of ... Jun 22 Mr Ed 9
News Home sales climb 2% in October (Nov '12) Jun 22 hamada 54
News Johnson Associates Real Estate Ltd., Brokerage ... (May '14) Jun 21 good commisions eh 4
News Cruz Questions Trump's Ties to Mob-Linked Felon Jun 18 S and P Realty 11
News Former Weichert executive accused of embezzlement (Dec '15) Jun 18 txt 2
More from around the web