RP is 'hottest real estate market in Southeast Asia'

Jul 8, 2008 Full story: www.abs-cbnnews.com 56

Tourism, offshoring and onshoring are driving the property market in the Philippines to the top of real estate investors' list, an executive of a global property consulting and research firm said.

Trent Frankum, general manager of the Philippine office of CB Richard Ellis Group (CBRE), a Los Angeles-headquartered real estate adviser to investors and occupiers, spoke about the topic, "The Philippines the hottest market in Southeast Asia," during the Investment and International Property Expo in Hong Kong last June.

In the audience were property experts and investors from featured property experts and investors from global companies headquartered in Asia, Australia, and the UK.

LALA RIMANDO, abs-cbnNEWS.com/Newsbreak Full Story
eggpie

Philippines

#22 Jul 11, 2008
timemaster wrote:
now you admit that things are messed up that even the holiest cannot fix. how can you expect change to come from lowly individuals when in fact you admit we are in a stage of helplessness. you are back to your senseless self, that name really suits you best. you are a double talk piece of magpie. posting for the sake of arguing without conscience and without sense.
i'm not a politician, so double talk has no use for me. don't accuse me, holy snail.
timemaster

Singapore, Singapore

#23 Jul 11, 2008
most of the populace wont help unless arroyo is ousted, it's that simple. what did you do to help? mr. helpful
eggpie

Philippines

#24 Jul 11, 2008
and you think that is such a great idea? that's the main reason why we're not moving forward. we will never unite unless twisted ideas like that of yours are fixed. you don't have the right to complain if you're not helping. you're accusing me of senselessness when it's crystal clear that you're the one who's sick and needs help.
timemaster

Singapore, Singapore

#25 Jul 11, 2008
eggpie wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not a politician, so double talk has no use for me. don't accuse me, holy snail.
not only do you double talk, you even change your name from senseless thinker to eggnog. what about multiple personality, if not why are you trying out a new identity. tired of being senseless. trying to create a multiple personality means you lack credibility hiding behind a multitude of aliases. what are your other names? are you ready to divulge it too. you are a loser that's why you post in all the discussion forum. i am out of here. it's friday night, time to get out of ofc. get a life, pity yourself, have a drink, drown in your reasonings and double talk. bye eggnog este senseless.
eggpie

Philippines

#26 Jul 11, 2008
what did i do to help??? im doing my share in nation building with no complains and no expectations of reward. i'll not ask you. i understand how heroic it is to be there outside. i just don't like the whining part.
eggpie

Philippines

#27 Jul 11, 2008
timemaster wrote:
<quoted text>
not only do you double talk, you even change your name from senseless thinker to eggnog. what about multiple personality, if not why are you trying out a new identity. tired of being senseless. trying to create a multiple personality means you lack credibility hiding behind a multitude of aliases. what are your other names? are you ready to divulge it too. you are a loser that's why you post in all the discussion forum. i am out of here. it's friday night, time to get out of ofc. get a life, pity yourself, have a drink, drown in your reasonings and double talk. bye eggnog este senseless.
bye credible timekeeper aka holy snail. paint the town red. bwahaha. enjoy your night out. be home in one piece.
eggpie

Philippines

#28 Jul 11, 2008
timemaster wrote:
<quoted text>
not only do you double talk, you even change your name from senseless thinker to eggnog. what about multiple personality, if not why are you trying out a new identity. tired of being senseless. trying to create a multiple personality means you lack credibility hiding behind a multitude of aliases.
credibility is not about names or aliases. it's about where you stand on issues. as far as i am concerned, i've been pretty consistent so far - i've always been on the other side from where you are.
Ompong

Los Angeles, CA

#29 Dec 1, 2008
There are a lot of Filipinos especially here in the US who own residential/commercial property. How come we don't extend the same privilege to foreigners in our country. Why? Is it because the Ayala's and the other big property developers want the pie all to themselves? This is one of the major reasons why we need to change our constitution. It should reflect the ever changing demands of the times especially in this 21st century of globalization otherwise our Asian neighbors will leave us behind in the race to raise our standard of living.
Rosalina Pears

Sydney, Australia

#30 Dec 1, 2008
It is good to have foreigners coming and investing dollars in the country.Then,one day comes when the ordinary Filipino people can no longer afford to buy a place to live because his peso can not compete with the dollar.You will have all the foreign investors along the foreshore and the brown skinned ordinary Juan dela Cruz in the mountains because that is where their peso has a value.It is a catch 21......
Rosalina Pears

Sydney, Australia

#31 Dec 1, 2008
Reading the comments made me imagine what it is in the congressional session of Filipino People.I hope the members of the congress and senate of the country have a different mentality or else the country is doomed.Argue,argue and argue.Where is the positive outcome?We want solutions.If you got nothing good to say then do not say anything.It just doesn't make any sense.

“Know thyself.”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#32 Dec 7, 2008
Rosalina Pears wrote:
It is good to have foreigners coming and investing dollars in the country.Then,one day comes when the ordinary Filipino people can no longer afford to buy a place to live because his peso can not compete with the dollar.You will have all the foreign investors along the foreshore and the brown skinned ordinary Juan dela Cruz in the mountains because that is where their peso has a value.It is a catch 21......
Thank you for coming in.

Nice to see people like you participating in the discussions.
Visaya

San Francisco, CA

#33 Dec 8, 2008
eggpie wrote:
everyone??? what are you? nuts? you can't put all the blame to the government. each of us has a role to play in nation building.
Good point!
Gabor Korpas

Budapest, Hungary

#34 Dec 13, 2008
Jane Abao wrote:
It depends on what you are selling.
If you sell the country or part of it, it could still be hot but bad for the country.
If an country sells agricultural land, forrests, you will be right, but to sell houses or flats to foreigners is not dangerouse thing. An country can get tax from them for example.
Gabor Korpas

Budapest, Hungary

#35 Dec 13, 2008
Some poor tropical countries sell their forrests for chinese and other foreign companies, which cut every trees on the hills and mountains. The soil makes mud avalanches during the rainy season to the valley village and destroy the villages.
(An little Hungarian proud, we are not an rich country but we increased the forrest area from 10% to 18% from 1921 to nowdays).
marcell

Gurnee, IL

#36 Dec 13, 2008
whaaaattt....????..pignas, the hottest real estate country in southeast asia....?????.are you loco...????...nothing is hot in that god-forsaken country except the climate....!!!!
brightstar

Philippines

#37 Dec 14, 2008
I am a foreigner living in a major city in the Philippines. The 41-floor condo is 6-years old and engineers are already digging holes in bathrooms to repair leaking plumbing. You gotta be crazy to invest here! Maybe on a lonely island if people want to ride on rough unpaved roads to get there, or to wade through waist-deep waters to get to shore. I'm ready to retire in my hometown Camillus.

“Know thyself.”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#38 Dec 14, 2008
brightstar wrote:
I am a foreigner living in a major city in the Philippines. The 41-floor condo is 6-years old and engineers are already digging holes in bathrooms to repair leaking plumbing. You gotta be crazy to invest here! Maybe on a lonely island if people want to ride on rough unpaved roads to get there, or to wade through waist-deep waters to get to shore. I'm ready to retire in my hometown Camillus.
Hi, brightstar,

Keep looking. There might be other places livable than your hometown. All is not lost.

Philippines to me is still the best.

“Know thyself.”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#40 Dec 15, 2008
Gabor Korpas wrote:
<quoted text>
If an country sells agricultural land, forrests, you will be right, but to sell houses or flats to foreigners is not dangerouse thing. An country can get tax from them for example.
Correct!

Gabor Korpas, thanks for participating in the discussions.
Visaya

San Francisco, CA

#41 Dec 18, 2008
Jane Abao wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, brightstar,
Keep looking. There might be other places livable than your hometown. All is not lost.
Philippines to me is still the best.
I agree with you Jane. PI to me is still the best!

“Know thyself.”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#42 Dec 18, 2008
Visaya wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you Jane. PI to me is still the best!
Visaya,

Don't be pissed off by trolls here. Simply ignore them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Real Estate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need Real Sellers for JP54 and D2 (Sep '10) 7 hr ola12 113
Real Estate Agents: Single-Family Homes a Hot R... (Jun '12) 12 hr alamirfathy 136
Wes Edens-related senior living firm plans $435... Dec 26 jorgestrack87 1
Al madinah international university opening app... Dec 23 sakantelganan 1
Al-Madinah International University Dec 23 sakantelganan 1
Offer you the services offered by the university Dec 23 sakantelganan 1
Sick Real Estate Market needs a Booster Shot Dec 22 Eric Galuppo 1
More from around the web