Home energy scorecards spark debate o...

Home energy scorecards spark debate over information, cost

There are 2 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Apr 4, 2018, titled Home energy scorecards spark debate over information, cost. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

A home energy efficiency score would eventually become part of the valuation of all homes on the market in Massachusetts under legislation Gov. Charlie Baker filed on Tuesday to elevate awareness of home energy efficiency and target the residential sector for greenhouse gas emission reductions. Under the bill, home energy auditors would be required to provide homeowners with an easy to understand scorecard that would grade a home's energy efficiency and provide recommendations for how the home's energy performance could be improved.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

More Government Control

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Apr 5, 2018
"A home energy efficiency score would eventually become part of the valuation of all homes on the market in Massachusetts under legislation Gov. Charlie Baker filed on Tuesday to elevate awareness of home energy efficiency and target the residential sector for greenhouse gas emission reductions. Under the bill, home energy auditors would be required to provide homeowners with an easy to understand scorecard that would grade a home's energy efficiency and provide recommendations for how the home's energy performance could be improved".....and then mandated.
Money Money Money

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Apr 5, 2018
The really smart state legisislation will include an "annual assessment fee" applied to every he. E ownerand rental unit.

-MMM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Real Estate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mustang Teacher Accused Of Stealing From Open H... 15 hr just me 3
News RioCan unlikely to build mall in 401 Corridor (Jun '12) Oct 15 may happen here 5
Haunted House? (Aug '06) Oct 11 Lyra 176
Property taxes in Yellville Oct 11 Swimmer 1
News How to choose a real estate agent (Apr '15) Oct 9 flavius09 4
News Scott Wilson, 'In Cold Blood' and 'Walking Dead... Oct 8 Like I Am Not 1
News Brampton grows west field by field... (Mar '11) Oct 4 Clarke goes 2 Afr... 22