Lobbying expenses spiked as Congress ...

Lobbying expenses spiked as Congress shaped tax overhaul

There are 3 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester story from Feb 10, 2018, titled Lobbying expenses spiked as Congress shaped tax overhaul. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester reports that:

Money spent on lobbying by corporations, trade associations and special interest groups spiked during the final three months of 2017 as they battled for the biggest breaks possible in the most dramatic tax overhaul in more than 30 years. The National Association of Realtors tallied $22.2 million between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, according to newly filed disclosure reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester.

Since: Apr 08

Mission Viejo, CA

#1 Feb 10, 2018
This proves that the only people who really benefited from this is the corporations. But even then, the tax breaks will only play a short-term effect on growth. Had these taxes were never made and defense budget not increased, the company would be in good financial shape before the next downturn began to happen. There were a lot of areas that do need increased spending, but a proper revenue source needs to occur or better method of sequestering funding and tied to specific revenue-generating activities needs to occur as well.

“Equality for ALL”

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

#2 Feb 11, 2018
Lobbying expenses. Washington speak for Lobbying BRIBES!!

If you cannot vote for a candidate, you should not be able to give them campaign money!!
The Boneyard

Miami, FL

#3 Feb 12, 2018
discocrisco wrote:
This proves that the only people who really benefited from this is the corporations. But even then, the tax breaks will only play a short-term effect on growth. Had these taxes were never made and defense budget not increased, the company would be in good financial shape before the next downturn began to happen. There were a lot of areas that do need increased spending, but a proper revenue source needs to occur or better method of sequestering funding and tied to specific revenue-generating activities needs to occur as well.
I agree. This needs sequestering:(_)_)IIIIIIIIIIII ID

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Real Estate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mustang Teacher Accused Of Stealing From Open H... Oct 17 just me 3
News RioCan unlikely to build mall in 401 Corridor (Jun '12) Oct 15 may happen here 5
Haunted House? (Aug '06) Oct 11 Lyra 176
Property taxes in Yellville Oct 11 Swimmer 1
News How to choose a real estate agent (Apr '15) Oct 9 flavius09 4
News Scott Wilson, 'In Cold Blood' and 'Walking Dead... Oct 8 Like I Am Not 1
News Brampton grows west field by field... (Mar '11) Oct 4 Clarke goes 2 Afr... 22