Long Beach real estate agents could get fee relief

Full story: Press-Telegram

The legislation, sponsored by Councilman Gary DeLong, would direct City Attorney Robert Shannon to write an ordinance amending municipal code to reclassify real estate agents from independent contractors to being a broker's employees.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Mar 12, 2013
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Wasn't it the Government's criminal real estate industry that engineered the soaring cost of housing and the subsequent worldwide financial collapse? Instead of creating favorable tax treatment for such operators - which only has the effect of creating more of them - shouldn't revolutionary Council be coming up with some way to cut their number? Let's stop using Orwellian NEWSPEAK. For the end user, housing is a cost. It is not "an investment".

Ronald
Analysis

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

I'm no expert, but it appears that DeLong is psychotic, and it's getting in the way of rational decision-making.

$202.73 is nothing, if you're a successful broker, that is, a professional. DeLong wants to load up the city with lowbrow "realtors" who will inevitably cost customers more money thanks to their lack of experience. He's rewarding brokers who are incompetent, lazy, or just plain bad.

In my opinion, suffering from being a sociopath is no excuse for Mr. DeLong, or Suja Lowenthal. For the public's purposes, hey are simply horrible human beings. As horrible human beings, enabling parasites is just what they do.

Dogs bark, and Gary DeLong significantly decreases the cost of doing business for half-wit trailer trash who managed to secure a real estate license, while lowering the tax base in a city already decreasing our police and fire presence due to lack of tax base.
Historian

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

I do hope tradition holds sway, and Gerrie Shipske does everything in her power to put the smackdown on yet another one of DeLong and Lowenthal's pyrotechnically asinine ideas.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••