Squatters Moving Into Foreclosed Homes

There are 38 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Jan 25, 2008, titled Squatters Moving Into Foreclosed Homes. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

With foreclosure rates at nearly 60 percent in Tracy, hundreds of homes are vacant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Obama no way

Rocklin, CA

#21 Jan 26, 2008
former homeowner wrote:
I think there's a misconception here, the realtors aren't the ones who own the house and aren't responsible for maintaining the property, that's the bank.
Secondly, I love how some of those among us can look down from a long and high nose at the "losers" who were unable to afford their homes. That we are all inefficient folks who don't know how to manage money, greedy jerks and therefore deserve nothing more than to look at the bottom of their boot. Now, I take reponsibility for the fact that I bought a home I couldn't afford, but I tried to do the right thing and sell my home before I lost it. It was on the market for 8 months before we finally realized that there was no avail and told the bank to go ahead and take it. I guess losers like me deserve to be homeless, so I'll pack my 2-1/2 kids and a dog up in my car and go look for the American dream somewhere else.
No you do not deserve to be homeless..but you were stupid to buy something out of reach of your finances. And it sounds like you knew were over your head from the start, and that is a idiot move. Now your credit is screwed and you will never own again, and now it is only getting cheaper, you should have waited...or did your homework.
BlazingSky

Grandview, MO

#22 Feb 5, 2008
Runabout wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with so called squatters is that they can do a lot of damage to a piece of property. How is that good economically? And cutting down the homeless population? I guess it would cut down the population in the amount of accidental deaths caused by fires being set. And wow, broken windows, damaged floors and walls, appliances stolen/broken, filth from all the garbage, at the least – sounds like a great idea there, Blazing Sky!
As to your landlords – it’s called family first. I guess you wouldn’t have done the same, given the same situation? I can sympathize for the 17 years it took to get your life back together from being homeless, but you need to take some responsibility in this and not place blame on others for completely destroying your life, in one month’s time, as you say. Sounds like some sort of domino effect to me….You lost your home, so you self destructed, and lost your job, and then your truck….Where were your people in your emergency? Maybe, you need to do a self- check and figure out why this keeps happening to you. Best of luck to you!
I hear absolutely no compassion or sympathy from you or anybody else on this board. It's nice to know there are such warm, loving people in this cold, cruel world!

It's also nice that my Kansas Schity landlords from HELL have family to fall back on when THEY need help, but I HAVE NOBODY to fall back on for help. I'M ALONE!

I have done EVERYTHING I can to take care of my responsibilities and be in control of my life. But I can't control what other people do to me!...when they are selfish, self-centered, and decide to do cruel things to someone else...I CAN'T CONTROL THAT! I didn't MAKE them do it!

People...it's easy to point fingers when you are not in my shoes. People like you guys would tell 911 and Hurricane Katrina victims that it was their fault that they were involved in a catastrophe because they "planned to fail" simply by being in the wrong place, and because of the circumstances dictated in their life -someone/something else dictated their destiny. They couldn't stop disaster from happening if they wanted to! That's why they are called "victims" And I'm having my OWN personal Hurricane Katrina/911.

I'm hurting enough as it is. I'm writing this message on this board not to have stones thrown at me - but to help people understand that they need to be more considerate and thoughtful towards people in their life, because your one little decision can create a whole string of problems, and make that persons life come completely unraveled. It may be unraveling already, but they are doing everything they can to keep their life together. Maybe they were holding on by one single stitch but you could be the last guy on the end of the thread who pulls it out just a little further...and that's all it takes for the fabric of their life to completely come apart.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#23 Feb 6, 2008
Runabout wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty good idea there, Fifth! However, the bank would probably have to hire a management company of some sort to handle all the details that go into a rental property, and that would not be very cost effective. And then, there are the legal issues….
Most banks already have management teams in place. If they do not, then they are not handling the properties as efficiently as their business requires.

Most banks already have legal teams in place, as well. I do not think it would be all that difficult to draw up suitable paper work, spelling out obligations and responsibilities on both sides, then having the management people screen potential applicants for those who might be suitable.

Still, if the problem becomes acute, I suppose the banks and other mortgage-holders of at-risk properties will search for suitable short-term solutions as they wait out the present economic down-turn.

It hasn't hit bottom, yet.
rsmom

Sacramento, CA

#24 Feb 6, 2008
I do property management for a State agency. We try to maximize the value of the property and the return on public money until the time the houses are needed for the government project.

I have dealt with squatters and homeless for the 5 years I have been doing this. I totally understand that factors out of their control may have made them homeless. What I don't understand is why they have to destroy everything they come in contact with. Holes in ceilings and walls, trash everywhere, excerment on the floors. If they are truly desparate for a warm place to stay, why not treat it with respect and care?

Since: May 07

Arlington, VA

#25 Feb 6, 2008
rsmom wrote:
I do property management for a State agency. We try to maximize the value of the property and the return on public money until the time the houses are needed for the government project.
I have dealt with squatters and homeless for the 5 years I have been doing this. I totally understand that factors out of their control may have made them homeless. What I don't understand is why they have to destroy everything they come in contact with. Holes in ceilings and walls, trash everywhere, excerment on the floors. If they are truly desparate for a warm place to stay, why not treat it with respect and care?
Because they probably treated their jobs and their responsibilities the same way which is what made them homeless. The only type of people I can think that would squat on property that is not theirs would be law breakers anyways. I have no sympathy for the homeless squatter.
BlazingSky

Grandview, MO

#26 Feb 6, 2008
To "Madness In Modesto"...I don't have much of a choice BUT to move on!*I* didn't choose this - my Kansas Schity landlords from HELL, Kelly and Eva Mahan, chose it FOR ME! All in the name of "God" cuz "GOD" told them to do it...YEA RIGHT!!!...everything they have done to me is exactly what Jesus would do??? Whatta crocka schit!

You know what? They weren't born in Kansas City, AND I WAS...yet I am being run out of my OWN home town!...these people suck! I *HATE* them! The day they die I'll celebrate by spitting, vomiting, peeing, and defecating on their graves!

People like them have absolutely NO CONSCIENCE and they don't deserve ANY respect from me whatSOEVER! They didn't treat me with respect, so they don't deserve to be respected in return in any shape or form! What goes around....comes around! You give people schit...you'll get schit in return, and it will be increased in measure, cuz that's just the nature of the Law of reaping and sowing - "by the same measure you judge others, you will be judged."

The harvest is always greater than the seed planted – whether we are speaking of agriculture or the things of our lives. We invariably reap more than has been sown. This fact is both serious and sobering, and it applies equally to the Christian and the unbeliever. Whatever a person sows, whether good or bad, he will reap the benefits or the consequences in a significantly greater proportion.

Proverbs 22:8 "He that soweth iniquity shall reap vanity…"
1. Vanity is from a Hebrew word that is also translated "iniquity," "wickedness," "affliction," or "mischief."

This verse is telling us that when a person sows iniquity or unrighteousness, they reap adversity and sorrow.

....yea! That lines up exactly with what Exodus 22:22-24 says. And God is ALWAYS faithful, to keep His promises.

The last person who screwed me over really bad lost their business, their home, and everything they own, and I was glad about that, because it was the FIRST time I had ever witnessed ANY justice in my life for what some wicked, evil people did to intentionally inflict harm on me.
Homeless Now

Saint Louis, MO

#27 Mar 5, 2008
Thanks to my Kansas Schity landlords from HELL, Kelly and Eva Mahan, and their son Mark Mahan who STOLE my home away from me....I'm now homeless! I guess they think playing with people's lives is all a big joke?!
Now I know how the Jews in Israel felt like when the Palestinians stole the Jews homes away from them by force and occupied them, claimed them as their own, and left the Jews stranded and homeless - they lost absolutely EVERYTHING they had worked for their entire life, just like I did.
I quit going to church because of a@#holes like Kelly and Eva Mahan, and Mark Mahan....and people like them are the reason I'll NEVER ever ever ever ever EVER go back!
I went to as many people as I could for help, including the pastor at Metro Christian Fellowship in Grandview (Kansas Schity), Missouri, my best friend Nathan Lars, my attorney, Stephen Mayor, and even a lady named Nola Wood...and NOT ONE single person would help me - NOT ONE!!! They are like the Pharisees who walked by the man on the Damascus Road who was robbed and beaten - saw how much the guy was hurt, and they just kept on walking; did nothing to stop and help when they saw there was someone in need. Church is a good for nothing worthless piece of schit! And so are Christians!
Idaho b0b

United States

#28 Dec 17, 2008
***wow man*** with issues such as yours........I wouldn't want you or anyone like you in my world. What goes round comes around pal. You need a room in a WARD,not inhabiting private property by any means what so ever. GOOD RIDDANCE!!
waiting on you bail out

United States

#29 Dec 27, 2008
blazingsky go get a job thats what wrong with you people always wanting the gov. to bail you out thats why this country is in the shape its in freeloaders wanting a handout from the goverment if it took me 16hours a day flipping burgers at mcds to make my way thats what i would do GO TO WORK ITS NOT THAT HARD
sick of it

United States

#30 Jun 26, 2013
There is a squatter living at 4344 Greenholme Drive #20 Sacramento, CA 95842
Michael Simpson aka MD

Sacramento, CA

#31 Jun 26, 2013
sick of it wrote:
There is a squatter living at 4344 Greenholme Drive #20 Sacramento, CA 95842
Cool story, so what are you gunna do about it tough guy? Report them on topix.com , and hope someone else will do something for you?? LOL
Andy

United States

#35 Jul 8, 2013
Michael Simpson aka MD wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool story, so what are you gunna do about it tough guy? Report them on topix.com , and hope someone else will do something for you?? LOL
You're clever, dude. No, really.
Andy

United States

#36 Jul 8, 2013
Michael Simpson aka MD wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, and cool story, BRO! Yikes, I can just see you giving a lame hang ten hand sign or something else as equally stupid as your oh so helpful comment. BRO. smdh
Mallo

United States

#37 Jul 8, 2013
There is a squatter living at 4344 Greenholme Drive #20 Sacramento, CA 95842. No electricity or running water...there is no telling the damage being caused to the property or the properties belonging to the owners next the the unit. The HOA is aware, yet does nothing. I smell a lawsuit if any damage occurs.
MD aka Michael Simpson

Sacramento, CA

#38 Jul 9, 2013
Mallo wrote:
There is a squatter living at 4344 Greenholme Drive #20 Sacramento, CA 95842. No electricity or running water...there is no telling the damage being caused to the property or the properties belonging to the owners next the the unit. The HOA is aware, yet does nothing. I smell a lawsuit if any damage occurs.
Thanks for sharing waiting on you bailout, aka sick of it, aka Andy, aka Mallo. The homeowner isn't gunna do anything, you're definitely not gunna do a damn thing...hmm maybe if I go post about it on topix.com someone with some balls will do something about it...cool story tough guy. We both know damn well, there will be no such lawsuit filed against anyone here. Nothing's going to happen to the squatter, when they finally force him to leave, he will just hit up another vacant spot. So since you're so obsessed with him, why don't you go do something about it, and stop wasting our time. How you like them apples??
Mallo

Sacramento, CA

#39 Jul 30, 2014
MD aka Michael Simpson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing waiting on you bailout, aka sick of it, aka Andy, aka Mallo. The homeowner isn't gunna do anything, you're definitely not gunna do a damn thing...hmm maybe if I go post about it on topix.com someone with some balls will do something about it...cool story tough guy. We both know damn well, there will be no such lawsuit filed against anyone here. Nothing's going to happen to the squatter, when they finally force him to leave, he will just hit up another vacant spot. So since you're so obsessed with him, why don't you go do something about it, and stop wasting our time. How you like them apples??
Feel better now, bro? lol
scott

Sacramento, CA

#40 Jul 31, 2014
squatters buy it otherwise get out drug dealing stolen stolen bikes prostitution stolen guns traffic all night bom bom music all day and night fights for control this is what you get with squatters no respect for the property they should be removed soon as possible banks responability fine bank 1`000 dollars a day or put a house sitter on site that's responsable
scott

Sacramento, CA

#41 Jul 31, 2014
north highlands no more squatters they move in and have no respect for neighbors property garbage every ware shitting in buckets because water is turned off whole house smells like shit and always the fear that they will burn it no thanks no squatters

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Real Estate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carson man convicted in ex-girlfriend's murder (Jul '09) Sun bookerbjams 4
Gramercy Parkshowflat.. May 23 jummon 1
Check out this really cool Green Lake Wisconsin... May 23 Brian u 2
crude oil buyers wanted (Aug '11) May 22 joseph sar 69
Sol Acres Showflat.. May 21 jummon 1
What is a good online photo editor for property... (Aug '11) May 19 Liz 8
News Hazleton realtors seek to merge with W-B group May 18 said it 1
More from around the web