Real estate agent faces theft charge

A real estate agent has been charged with stealing food and change from homes she was supposed to be selling here. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Deify

Monroe, CT

#1 Aug 29, 2008
not too many 29 year old real estate agents making 'six figures' she sounds full of it.
PAUL MEMOLI

Hamden, CT

#2 Aug 29, 2008
Holli Tapley showed several homes and condos that I had listed over the past 5 years. She was always professional, as well as being an attractive sales agent. I often wished that I had the self-confidence and easy way with people that she had.

This is either a mistake or a recent tragedy.
half agree

Farmington, CT

#3 Aug 29, 2008
Stealing is not always about needing the items or the money. It CAN be an addiction/disorder...just done because of the "rush."

What a shame, if this is true.
Sabrina

Paramus, NJ

#4 Aug 29, 2008
I checked this woman's sales records. She has had 5 sales in 2 years and only one this year. All lower priced properties. She must make 6 figures at whatever other job she has because she doesn't make it in real estate.
jane smith

Vienna, VA

#5 Aug 29, 2008
The elephant on the table: CT is gagging on its own hype. The state median income is driven by public service, which has ballooned since the early 90's recession when industries started moving out in earnest. Where else can you enjoy the prospect of $500,000 houses on sale to a market of $60,000 per year buyers?

Oh. Of course. Scottsdale, Cape Coral and Manteca.

The only thing holding CT together is the die hard determination to keep up with the Joneses. Coupled with the observation that nobody is willing to move there, and very few people already trapped there can get out.

Keep smokin' that pipe.
PuertoReekan

Stratford, CT

#6 Aug 29, 2008
It sounds like she really meant to say that she makes $6 dollars... Because no one person in their right mind will want to steal change, food and then say I make a six figure salary, no need for me to steal? It just doesn't sound right!

It also sounds as if Mr. Memoli wanted to smash her?!

I believe Sabrina, when she states that the six figure must come from somewhere else. I think is either pole dancing or being a call girl.
Because there isn't that much home selling in this world!
Convicted Felon

AOL

#7 Aug 29, 2008
Read about the ex-con broker on the Isle Of Palms, SC. location of Topix! From prison cell to selling multi-million dollar homes!
ARG

Paterson, NJ

#9 Aug 30, 2008
Apparently Raveis doesn't do a background check on the agents he hires.
The IRS should be looking at her if she says she makes 6 figures. It's probably under the table somewhere else and she's not reporting it.
PAUL MEMOLI

Hamden, CT

#10 Aug 30, 2008
This is probably a waste of time but... the post by PuertoReekan says that "...it sounds like Mr Memoli wanted to smash her?" is totally inaccurate.
How much clearer could I have been?
Each time that Holli and I met over a house or condo that I had listed, she was a complete professional. I also said I admired her easy way with people. I'm often somewhat uptight around strangers.

How can some-one turn that into the opposite?
And how does anyone know how many homes she sold? Not everything goes thru the MLS. For some-one to simply check out her sales thru the local MLS and conclude that the derived sum is all she sold is ridiculous.
honesty

Wallingford, CT

#11 Aug 30, 2008
"as well as being an attractive sales agent"..that comment looked out of place to me Mr. Memoli..one might conclude that you wanted to "smash" her.Maybe her "confidence and easy way with people" means she's a good con artist??!!
Central Scrutinizer

Newark, NJ

#12 Aug 30, 2008
I blame Raveis for this. They state that they "had received many other complaints" about things and food missing from homes She was showing, but elected to keep her on their sales team.
Shame on you once, shame on me twice.
PAUL MEMOLI

Hamden, CT

#13 Aug 30, 2008
This is directed to Honesty... perhaps "smash" means something other than I took it for... I thought the writer meant I wanted to hurt her in some way...
As fgar as the "attractive" comment... OK, maybe a bit out of place, but consider the cover of the August 2008 issue of REALTOR MAGAZINE:
"STEP INTO THE LIMELIGHT. MEDIA TRAINING AND ACTING TECHNIQUES WILL GIVE YOU AN EDGE IN THE FIELD"

In other words, a successful sales person is going to be an "attractive" one. Like saying Obama is an attractive man... and please, don't read anything into that!!!!!
honesty

Wallingford, CT

#14 Aug 30, 2008
Got it..wasn't sure how you meant it. Sounded like you meant her looks.Are you saying you want to smash Obama now??!!JUST KIDDING!!Actually..smash is new to me and kind of funny I think.So now i gotta ask..was she attractive looking?? Can't picture a good looking, confident realtor stealing loose change and canned soup....sad if true.
Charles

Paterson, NJ

#16 Sep 2, 2008
PAUL MEMOLI wrote:
This is directed to Honesty... perhaps "smash" means something other than I took it for... I thought the writer meant I wanted to hurt her in some way...
As fgar as the "attractive" comment... OK, maybe a bit out of place, but consider the cover of the August 2008 issue of REALTOR MAGAZINE:
"STEP INTO THE LIMELIGHT. MEDIA TRAINING AND ACTING TECHNIQUES WILL GIVE YOU AN EDGE IN THE FIELD"
In other words, a successful sales person is going to be an "attractive" one. Like saying Obama is an attractive man... and please, don't read anything into that!!!!!
You having an affair with her?
Charles

Paterson, NJ

#17 Sep 2, 2008
Central Scrutinizer wrote:
I blame Raveis for this. They state that they "had received many other complaints" about things and food missing from homes She was showing, but elected to keep her on their sales team.
Shame on you once, shame on me twice.
I agree with this poster
R E Brokers

Greenville, GA

#18 Sep 3, 2008
If realtors do certain kinds of business in Ct we are required to have background checks and WE pay for them not any broker. We are not privy to your most private info such as your SS#. The motgage persons are, and in CT they can be convicted felons ... and by law that's OK. They also aren't constanly driving for business. They have an office and the client comes to them.
You sound like a competitor. I don't know if she acted criminally in this case or not. Do you? Most Realtors handle a lot with clients, often feeling like a therapist, a friend and sometimes a shoulder to cry on - other times the person to blame. Broker's pay for some advertising and take a good chunk of our money! We are responsible for our autos, gas, cell phones, personal computers, GPS and anything else that makes our business tick. Many Raltors work very hard. There are too many who in the business today who don't care.
That is not to say there are a lot of really good ones and we deserve a hand. The basic business plan of all brokers tends to be the quantity of Realtors in their office rather than the quality of service BTW: Do you have a job where you have a client call you at 11:30 p.m.?
ARG wrote:
Apparently Raveis doesn't do a background check on the agents he hires.
The IRS should be looking at her if she says she makes 6 figures. It's probably under the table somewhere else and she's not reporting it.
To Sabrina

Berne, NY

#19 Sep 3, 2008
Sabrina wrote:
I checked this woman's sales records. She has had 5 sales in 2 years and only one this year. All lower priced properties. She must make 6 figures at whatever other job she has because she doesn't make it in real estate.
How did you check her figures? If she did mostly commercial that is not on the MLS. How about any non-mls listings and sales? How about she was freaked by a 14 year olds accusations?
Only Raveis knows her numbers and they quickly threw her under the truck. Previously googled she appeared as a commercial Realtor. They can make six figures with one deal if it's large enough.
Would the same chatter be going on if she were male?
The amazing Superman

Newington, CT

#20 Sep 4, 2008
PAUL MEMOLI wrote:
Holli Tapley showed several homes and condos that I had listed over the past 5 years. She was always professional, as well as being an attractive sales agent. I often wished that I had the self-confidence and easy way with people that she had.
This is either a mistake or a recent tragedy.
Maybe you can build your self confidence by stealing too.

“Metrowest Real Estate”

Since: Apr 08

Hopkinton Massachusetts

#21 Sep 4, 2008
There are good and bad folks in every business. As a Realtor myself, I can certainly say I have run into a few characters over the years. One of the best ways to interview a Realtor is to Google their name. You can learn quite a bit.
unknown

Seymour, CT

#22 Feb 28, 2009
Sabrina wrote:
If you call raveis and ask them, they will tell you Holli was one of their top producing agents from 2006-2008 making just over $100K 3 years in a row

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Real Estate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add new comment (Feb '09) 13 hr 4t4game 283
A Closer Look: The Bluffs on the Cape Fear Tue deswhalen 1
The News On 6 Investigates: Renter Beware (Feb '09) Mon lolababi 45
When staging a home, give every room a role - S... Sep 14 Tim Stanford Yoc... 1
Zillow Partners with China Real Estate Platform... Sep 12 Seth Ashford 1
Williamsburg Area Learning Tree Seminar on Real... Sep 12 Elaine VonCannon 1
Available Now in Villa Capriani North Topsail... Sep 12 deswhalen 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••