Teenager Killed By Train In O'Fallon, Illinois

May 4, 2008 | Posted by: norwest rail | Full story: www.myfoxstl.com

A teenager was killed by a train in O'Fallon, Illinois Sunday afternoon. The accident happened along the tracks at East 4th and Lincoln.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Allie

Collinsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2008

Judged:

I kew this kid!!!!
I miss him!!

“playtime...”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2008

Allie wrote:
I kew this kid!!!!
I miss him!!
I'm sorry for your loss.
amber graham

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2008

he was my borthers best friend and i miss him sooo much! We love you john
Emilys Resale Consignment

Fairview Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2008

I was a witness to him dying I am sorry for your loss...
Joy

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2008

How did this happen?I have had so many friends either get hurt or killed by trains.Alot of times ,they do not even hear them coming or there is no warning gates.

Since: May 07

washington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2008

Judged:

all understand, the rails are live and it's counted as tresspassing if caught by authorities. Too many lives are taken by this mishap. Either the persons' are talking on the cell or listening to music and don't hear the horn.

please be aware...

condolences to the family.

“playtime...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2008

This was a suicide unfortunately
Knou

Herriman, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2008

Selfish prick. So he gets to die and the train crew gets to live with his death the rest of their lives.

What a swell guy he was.

“playtime...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2008

Knou wrote:
Selfish prick. So he gets to die and the train crew gets to live with his death the rest of their lives.
What a swell guy he was.
Suicide is always selfish. This boy unfortunately was hurting and didn't see any other way out. I feel for the friends that watched him and tried to stop him from jumping in front of the train and for the train crew. They will have the image of what happened in their minds the rest of their lives.
Lurk

Herriman, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2008

So will the train crew who had to witness the selfish prick "jump" in front of the train.

What a complete waste of life and money.

Imagine the money the parents could have saved if he was not born.
Nitroduck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2008

ur an A** dude he was like my brother, he was my neighboor and his brother was my best friend, you have no idea who he was and it is very disrespectfull for you to say about anyone being a waste of life or money i hope you die a very painfull and cruel death.

Lurk
Clearfield, UT
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#10 Monday Nov 10
So will the train crew who had to witness the selfish prick "jump" in front of the train.

Pete

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

if you're going to kill yourself don't do it so someone else has to live with it. by throwing yourself in front of a train you've screwed up those conductors lives forever. please make your suicide just that. one person killing themselves. a little common courtesy goes a long way.
amber tourville

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Knou wrote:
What a swell guy he was.
excuse u im sorry but he was far from selfish, he was a good little boy and like any other teen he was troubled and hurt. this has hurt us all but it is no fault of his. its not very nice to talk about the deceased especially a child
amber tourville

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

cat__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Suicide is always selfish. This boy unfortunately was hurting and didn't see any other way out. I feel for the friends that watched him and tried to stop him from jumping in front of the train and for the train crew. They will have the image of what happened in their minds the rest of their lives.
my brother does have it in his mind forever it even makes him want to do it at times. i depise jon sory for doing this to us all but i still love him at the same time and do not think he was selfish. he was hurt and young
TPOB

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Most humans are selfish.

Stop making excuses for your selfish, "troubled" brother.

He made the lives of others difficult for his selfish actions.

My heart goes out to the EMS and train crew who had to deal with this selfish act.
Shocked

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

Lurk wrote:
Suicide IS a selfish act, I'll give you that, but you have no idea what was going through his mind to make him decide that suicide was the only answer. He may have been mentally ill and if so he should have been under psychiatric care. Mental illness is just as serious as any physical illness or disability.

As far as your last remark, that was a hurtful and nasty thing to say, it's bad enough his friends and family lost someone they love, it makes it worse when they read or hear about ignorant comments like the one you posted. I guarantee his parents loved him deeply and had a lot of good times and good memories with him and that means more than any amount of MONEY that could have been "saved". It's better to have loved and lost than never love at all! Shame on you for your SELFISH remarks.
Ashley Cymbola

Mascoutah, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Why dont you all just shut up.
Im one of the girls(who was his friend) who was at the site when he died. Yea i get it..it was selfish. but for GODS SAKE SHUT UP. JUST SHUT UP. My God people!
Ashley Cymbola

Mascoutah, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

You guys just dont understand..
Really- Wow

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Ashley Cymbola wrote:
Why dont you all just shut up.
Im one of the girls(who was his friend) who was at the site when he died. Yea i get it..it was selfish. but for GODS SAKE SHUT UP. JUST SHUT UP. My God people!
Dont stoop to that level ashley. This is a place where anyone can say whatever they want. None of them are going to listen to you. Dont even get yourself stressed out over what others say. Nobody really knows what this kid was thinking and will say whatever the hell they want.

Whats done is done. There is no changing it. Just let it go
Ashley Cymbola

Mascoutah, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Really- Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont stoop to that level ashley. This is a place where anyone can say whatever they want. None of them are going to listen to you. Dont even get yourself stressed out over what others say. Nobody really knows what this kid was thinking and will say whatever the hell they want.
Whats done is done. There is no changing it. Just let it go
I know that, but it gets under my skin. No one knows anything about this wonderful kid, and they think that have the right to say that stuff? How can i let it go..you just dont simply let things like this go..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Railroads Discussions

Search the Railroads Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Canadian native groups cancel CN Rail blockade (Jun '06) Fri Rusty Dyck 872
Subway Rider Spots Crafty Credit Card Skimmer Apr 13 Mat 4
Train noise troubles residents (Oct '06) Apr 11 Stupid is Stupid 406
Dog rescued from tracks after racing train in NYC Apr 10 fred henderson 1
No end in sight for rail's rewarding ride (Mar '13) Mar 24 carolann 4
CN provides confidential dangerous goods data t... Mar 24 carolann 2
Proposed CSX cargo facility causing friction Mar 22 matthew brandley 1
•••
•••