Republicans use Gates' new book to hammer Clinton, Biden

Jan 7, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Republicans quickly pounced on some controversial details from former Defense Secretary Bob Gates' new book in which he highlights an admission from former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that he found "dismaying" and fiercely lambasts Vice President Joe Biden.

Comments
1 - 20 of 299 Comments Last updated Jan 25, 2014
First Prev
of 15
Next Last
dont ask N dont tell

Hanoi, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 8, 2014
 
Jim Shortz wrote:
the truth hurts, doesn't it libtards??!
enjoy the book
what"s true? Rob Truman!;-000h, you still at the Watergate look inda doors & window?!!!;-00h, don't 4get to buybye da book or get teh Nook or Kindle!!! ;-00h, hop U find out truth.......more)...

thx Rob!! ;-00
long iland itea

Hanoi, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 8, 2014
 
Bush missso accombolish NOW-MI51!!! ;-0h, not AREA-51!!;)

“bar0ckalypse N0W”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 8, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

2

I really like Gates, but he should have told barock in real time. People in his position offer their resignations all the time.

It's a good thing Truman didn't treat WW2 like barock did Iraq. The Germans and Japs wouldn't be thriving Democracies today.

I plan on buying the book and reading it in it's entirety without media bias.

Either way, he's a fantastic public servant who is owed much by his country, unlike barock.

“bar0ckalypse N0W”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 8, 2014
 

Judged:

3

2

1

nyue theh now?
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 8, 2014
 

Judged:

5

4

3

A lifelong republican comes out against a democrat? Is this really news? Would anyone expect anything other than a hatchet job by this moron? The only real news is that Obama is still stupid enough to keep appointing republicans to positions of authority. I mean after the fiasco with Gates, to appoint Chuck Hagel to anything but a prison term is way beyond stupid.
Affirmative Action

Aledo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 8, 2014
 

Judged:

5

4

3

Obama is the result of Affirmative Action where he was elected on the color of his skin rather then THE CONTENT OF HIS CHARACTER ! People pushed to the front while truly qualified individuals with character where pushed to the back because of the color of THEIR SKIN !
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 8, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

3

In his book, Gates otherwise praised Clinton in a way that “might be used in a political endorsement,” Woodward wrote in his review.

Gates wrote:“I found her smart, idealistic but pragmatic, tough-minded, indefatigable, funny, a very valuable colleague, and a superb representative of the United States all over the world.”

Is the Party of No going to use these words in their attack spew ads?

LOLL

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 8, 2014
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Gates said, President Obama often questioned the Military's plans, the dishonesty of Karzai and wanted our armed forces completely out of Afghanistan........CORRECT ON ALL COUNTS.....
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 8, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Affirmative Action wrote:
Obama is the result of Affirmative Action where he was elected on the color of his skin rather then THE CONTENT OF HIS CHARACTER ! People pushed to the front while truly qualified individuals with character where pushed to the back because of the color of THEIR SKIN !
??? So are you trying to say that Obama is less qualified than McCain or Romney?? That is quite a stretch; completely unbelievable. The bar for qualification was set so low with bush, that effectively there is no bar. If a drunken, coked out, AWOL, with no ability to form coherent sentences can be appointed president, then anyone can.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 8, 2014
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Jim Shortz wrote:
the truth hurts,
In his book, Gates otherwise praised Clinton in a way that “might be used in a political endorsement,” Woodward wrote in his review.

Gates wrote:“I found her smart, idealistic but pragmatic, tough-minded, indefatigable, funny, a very valuable colleague, and a superb representative of the United States all over the world.”

“bar0ckalypse N0W”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 8, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Responsibility wrote:
In his book, Gates otherwise praised Clinton in a way that “might be used in a political endorsement,” Woodward wrote in his review.
Gates wrote:“I found her smart, idealistic but pragmatic, tough-minded, indefatigable, funny, a very valuable colleague, and a superb representative of the United States all over the world.”
Is the Party of No going to use these words in their attack spew ads?
LOLL
I doubt it.

We'll use these instead.

Hillary Clinton and Obama admitted they opposed Iraq troop surge only to look good politically, claims former defense secretary Robert Gates in damning new book.

Bush surged, barock putted.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 8, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Affirmative Action wrote:
Obama is the result of Affirmative Action where he was elected on the color of his skin rather then THE CONTENT OF HIS CHARACTER ! People pushed to the front while truly qualified individuals with character where pushed to the back because of the color of THEIR SKIN !
You are the result of a failed lab experiment. Obama is the smartest kid on the block, and will survive over morons like you.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 8, 2014
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
??? So are you trying to say that Obama is less qualified than McCain or Romney?? That is quite a stretch; completely unbelievable. The bar for qualification was set so low with bush, that effectively there is no bar. If a drunken, coked out, AWOL, with no ability to form coherent sentences can be appointed president, then anyone can.
"Appointed" is the appropriate word for Bush. But Obama is hardly "anyone". He is a decent, strong, visionary man being thwarted by the ignorant and bigoted right, not just because he is black, but because he is black and so much damn smarter than them. How dare he!

“Liberals hate free speech!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 8, 2014
 

Judged:

5

5

3

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You are the result of a failed lab experiment. Obama is the smartest kid on the block, and will survive over morons like you.
You are saying Obama is smart! Your standards are very LOW! Anybody that knows anything would have known this from the beginning. It took someone to write a book to make it real. Democrats have held a distain for the military for decades. They supported the war until it was convenient to oppose it for gain. POS', all of them!! I hope you are proud!

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 8, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

2

mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it.
We'll use these instead.
Hillary Clinton and Obama admitted they opposed Iraq troop surge only to look good politically, claims former defense secretary Robert Gates in damning new book.
Bush surged, barock putted.
flubs ran off and hid. And called it clearing brush.

“bar0ckalypse N0W”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 8, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You are the result of a failed lab experiment. Obama is the smartest kid on the block, and will survive over morons like you.
Kid is the appropriate word for barock.

History will not be kind to the 0rganizer.

“bar0ckalypse N0W”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 8, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

2

conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
flubs ran off and hid. And called it clearing brush.
Bush met with the families of the fallen, even the traitor, cindy sheehan.

barock poses for photo ops.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 8, 2014
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
You are saying Obama is smart! Your standards are very LOW! Anybody that knows anything would have known this from the beginning. It took someone to write a book to make it real. Democrats have held a distain for the military for decades. They supported the war until it was convenient to oppose it for gain. POS', all of them!! I hope you are proud!
Ah, a noise from the compost heap!
Try to read the whole book, and get past the sour grapes.
We should all have a disdain for the military, while recognizing that at times they are a necessary evil. The need for a military is a reflection of the fact that humans have not yet evolved beyond their savagery.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 8, 2014
 

Judged:

3

2

2

mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Kid is the appropriate word for barock.
History will not be kind to the 0rganizer.
Is there any reason why you keep misspelling Barack Obama's first name? Or is it simply a reflection of your overall inattention to what's in front of your nose?
spike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 8, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Affirmative Action wrote:
Obama is the result of Affirmative Action where he was elected on the color of his skin rather then THE CONTENT OF HIS CHARACTER ! People pushed to the front while truly qualified individuals with character where pushed to the back because of the color of THEIR SKIN !
I couldn't agree more,,,,Anyone who understands the "Bell Curve" understands your point. Take away the Teleprompter and you only laugh.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••