New York newspaper to list more gun permit holders after uproar

Dec 29, 2012 Full story: WTAX-AM Springfield 74

A suburban New York newspaper that sparked an uproar among gun enthusiasts by publishing names and addresses of residents holding pistol permits is now planning to publish even more identities of permit-toting locals.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
free

Sidney, OH

#66 Jan 11, 2013
What dumb mass logic is that ? How about listing everyone with a drivers license for people who could accidently kill someone with their vehicle on public roads ? or food stamp recipients ? or bankruptcy filers ? Gun registration is required by the government and not by choice, for law abiding citizens. Put your name and address as well as your family in the paper !
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Are you ashamed to own a gun? Does it bother you for the criminals to know you will cap them if they attack you? You want to do something then get rid of the law requiring government permission to carry in the first place then it wouldn't be public information.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#67 Jan 11, 2013
Perhaps the Journal would like to publish the names of everyone with a 16 oz Big Gulp, so Bloomazz can come and arrest them. You damn liberals just kill me with your stupid crap. GET OFF MY WORLD!

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#68 Jan 12, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mental condition has worsened over the past couple of years. Maybe its time for a new foil hat.
Proof you are an antigun comunist:

http://www.topix.com/forum/guns/TS2SOIQKVR8M8...

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#69 Jan 12, 2013
VN Vet wrote:
Perhaps the Journal would like to publish the names of everyone with a 16 oz Big Gulp, so Bloomazz can come and arrest them. You damn liberals just kill me with your stupid crap. GET OFF MY WORLD!
Better idea; list all of the people receiving government assistance.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#70 Jan 12, 2013
Tory II wrote:
<quoted text>Proof you are an antigun comunist:
http://www.topix.com/forum/guns/TS2SOIQKVR8M8...
Do you get an erection when you walk into a Walmart?

Because I dont like Walmart I must be an anti-gun communist?

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#71 Jan 12, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you get an erection when you walk into a Walmart?
Because I dont like Walmart I must be an anti-gun communist?
You are an antigun red blooded communist who voted twice for communist Obama. Most of your pig buddies here are antigun too.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#72 Jan 12, 2013
Tory II wrote:
<quoted text>You are an antigun red blooded communist who voted twice for communist Obama. Most of your pig buddies here are antigun too.
Sorry to disappoint you, my vote went to Romney.

Hows your hippo doing? I hear shes been visiting your special cop.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#73 Jan 12, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Concealed or open carry is bearing. Do you have a reset button?
Negative, open carry is a right, that is bearing. Bearing concealed is two separate acts, the bearing part is your right, the concealed part is not, which is why it is a state licensed privilege.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#74 Jan 12, 2013
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Negative, open carry is a right, that is bearing. Bearing concealed is two separate acts, the bearing part is your right, the concealed part is not, which is why it is a state licensed privilege.
If I have a gun in my hand and my back is to you the gun is concealed from you. At the time of writing the second amendment muzzle loading guns were very subjective to weather conditions. Moisture would render a gun useless in seconds, plus the wood and metal coatings of the day did little to protect the gun from corrosion and splitting. The standard carry in inclement weather was under a coat to keep the flashpan dry. They didn't need to spell out concealed carry as it was a normal carry method, not to hide it but protect an expensive tool. They didn't feel the need to spell out common sense.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#75 Jan 12, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> If I have a gun in my hand and my back is to you the gun is concealed from you.
You'll be in prison soon enough with your bull poop logic.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#76 Jan 13, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you, my vote went to Romney.
Hows your hippo doing? I hear shes been visiting your special cop.
Liar. All antigun communists voted for Obama. A loud black car just drove past my house. The local pigs are on your side.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#77 Jan 13, 2013
Tory II wrote:
<quoted text>Liar. All antigun communists voted for Obama. A loud black car just drove past my house. The local pigs are on your side.
Queue the one hit wonder of Napoleon XIV.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#78 Jan 13, 2013
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>You'll be in prison soon enough with your bull poop logic.
Not without a trial in front of a jury of my peers. Like it or not most people believe in the second amendment and believe it is law and applies to the government. All I need is 1 out of 12.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#79 Jan 22, 2013
Police have forced the Newspaper to remove the list (of retired cops).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Publishing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rosie O'Donnell and Whoopi Goldberg already cla... 10 hr Belinda Moore 2
State: Boy who shot rare albino buck did nothin... 12 hr Joey Bossman 1
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 19 hr Ace75 636
Ukraine's Neo-Nazis Demand Respect Thu Swedenforever 44
John Forbes Cenedella Thu mandersonuk 5
Legendary Washington Post editor Ben Bradlee dies Wed Hooogle It 3
Fall lawn care reaps benefits for spring Oct 22 American National 1

Publishing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE