Deported veterans: Banished for committing crimes after serving in the US military

Aug 12, 2013 Full story: El Paso Times 10

Milton Tepeyac, who served eight years as a U.S. Marine, scrapes by on $3 an hour in this northern Mexican city, where he has lived since the U.S. government deported him in April.

Full Story

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1 Aug 12, 2013
We should be ashamed of ourselves.

This man served our country with honor and then, when he was in a desperate situation, the police set him up and he gets deported over marijuana.

I guess the law is the law, but we should still be ashamed of ourselves.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#2 Aug 13, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
This man served our country with honor and then, when he was in a desperate situation, the police set him up and he gets deported over marijuana.
he was intent on being a dealer in drugs. a felony crime.

if I am a good person for 30 years of my life, and then I went on a crime spree and murdered someone.. should I be allowed to go free for my good record in the past?

you tell me.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#3 Aug 13, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:

That would be 91 lbs of marijuana!

And I for one am not ashamed of deporting one less drug dealer.
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Pennington, NJ

#4 Aug 13, 2013
The anti pot nutcases are out in force today!
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#6 Aug 13, 2013
Why do people seem to think aliens should get special treatment. I do not care if a person served 20 years in the military. They know that as a non-citizen they can be deported for committing a felony but yet they choose to do so anyway. "If you can't do the time don't do the crime".
John

Charleston, WV

#7 Aug 13, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pot. Who cares.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#8 Aug 13, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
"...Although deported veterans are banned for life, they are welcome to return when they are dead. Honorably discharged veterans, even deportees, are entitled to burial at a U.S. military cemetery with an engraved headstone and their casket draped with an American flag, according to the Department of Veterans Affairs..."

So, we force him to leave, wait until he dies, bring his body back and bury him alongside our honored dead.

He's not fit to live in this country, a country he served with honor, but he's fit to be dead here?

You may not see the hypocrisy in this, but I do and I'm ashamed of us.

Location hidden

#9 Aug 14, 2013
Sterkfontein Swartkrans wrote:
The anti pot nutcases are out in force today!
nutcases?

look at what it did to you? brain dead, stupid. you cannot tell the difference between right and wrong anymore. legal vs. illegal. it's all grey to you.

I bet you believe like pelosi.. quote, "you don't enforce bad laws, you fix them."

right?

like I said.. brain dead, stupid.

Location hidden

#10 Aug 14, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"...Although deported veterans are banned for life, they are welcome to return when they are dead. Honorably discharged veterans, even deportees, are entitled to burial at a U.S. military cemetery with an engraved headstone and their casket draped with an American flag, according to the Department of Veterans Affairs..."
So, we force him to leave, wait until he dies, bring his body back and bury him alongside our honored dead.
He's not fit to live in this country, a country he served with honor, but he's fit to be dead here?
You may not see the hypocrisy in this, but I do and I'm ashamed of us.
if you would just get off the drugs, you would see the logic.

go get some treatment, bro. you need it.

you don't have the right to hurt other people just because you did something good before. get it, genius?
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#11 Aug 14, 2013
As much as I support the legalization of marijuana I feel if a person is willing to risk being deported and never being allowed to come back to the U.S. just to make a few dollars then they have no loyalty to this country or its people even if they did serve in the military. Military service does not prove a love of this country, its people or its principles. Just look at Major Nidal Hasan who showed no loyalty to this country or even his fellow soldiers.
We have veterens living on the street while illegal aliens are receiving government handouts. We have veterans who are without jobs while our government is trying to figure out a way to make illegal aliens leagal and bring in more cheap labor to increase the unemployment rate and decrease wages. Why not write a story about that rather than about a guy who was looking to make a quick illegal dollar and got caught?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Publishing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Andrew Cuomo lacks national spotlight for a pre... Wed Cat74 4
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) Wed GinaLover 619
Washington pulls back from Beijing clash over H... Sep 14 USA Today 1
Wall Street protesters plan march on DA's office (Oct '11) Sep 11 fl tag J73 9TB 43
Sidestepping Ukraine's "N-Word" for Nazi Sep 10 Ethan Allen 2
Kat Cole's Inner Fire Gives Her The Confidence ... Sep 10 sara 1
Local Duo Close to Buying Worcester 'Telegram &... (Nov '09) Sep 9 Jjohn Henry 3
•••

Publishing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••