Russian Leader Draws Fire With Letter

Russian Leader Draws Fire With Letter

There are 214 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Sep 13, 2013, titled Russian Leader Draws Fire With Letter. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Russian President Vladimir Putin fired a salvo into the U.S. political debate on Syria with an opinion piece arguing against an attack-in language that reflected the Kremlin's yearslong effort to refine Russia's image in America.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

fingiswold

Chagrin Falls, OH

#187 Sep 15, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
America is exceptional, but our leaders are not. We have given power to the lowest information people in our history. Democrats pretend they are brilliant, but if they were we wouldn't be thanking Vladimir Putin for saving Obama's bacon after he made such a foolish mistake as to threaten Assad with a red line, Then back away as soon as Putin said he could fix the problem without firing a shot, or a drone, or whatever. Obama looks like a silly man child, and he made Putin look like the grown up.
another love letter to a dangerous foreign dictator...we know you hate america, but have you no shame at all? just sext him and have done with it, you evil hag!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#188 Sep 15, 2013
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
another love letter to a dangerous foreign dictator...we know you hate america, but have you no shame at all? just sext him and have done with it, you evil hag!
yes, that would certainly do Putin in...at least blind him...
American

United States

#189 Sep 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you don't really know what that word means, do you?
LOL

What word, commie, dipwad, turkey?

Don't tell me more conspiracies are starting to bounce around between your ears now. You think the forum's inundated with Russian hasbarats, is that it?

I'll bet you keep the lights on at night too. Keeps the scary shadows at bay.

Get a life, tick.
American

United States

#190 Sep 15, 2013
If you don't mind, I'll part company now. Breaking Bad's on and I'd much rather watch Walt White chasing his buried cash than listen to your turkey gobble.

Ta Ta

St. Croix valley

#191 Sep 15, 2013
American wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
What word, commie, dipwad, turkey?
Don't tell me more conspiracies are starting to bounce around between your ears now. You think the forum's inundated with Russian hasbarats, is that it?
I'll bet you keep the lights on at night too. Keeps the scary shadows at bay.
Get a life, tick.
no, it just seems pretty sure from the way you used it you have no idea what it really means.
Cat74

United States

#192 Sep 15, 2013
Where is Obama? I know where uncle Joe is, and Miss Hillary, Sen Reid, but Obama is no where to be seen. I would hide too if I had shamed my position to a Russian.

St. Croix valley

#193 Sep 15, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Where is Obama? I know where uncle Joe is, and Miss Hillary, Sen Reid, but Obama is no where to be seen. I would hide too if I had shamed my position to a Russian.
Well, on Friday he met with the Kuwait amir, and some labor leaders.

why is it you don't know this? why are you not aware of what goes on in your own world, let alone your own nation?
Cat74

United States

#194 Sep 15, 2013
Must not have been too important. He is all over the T V most days, and suddenly he is off crying in his beer or something. Why weren't there more pictures? A big campaign speech that he has become so famous for? I think you made that up. I'll google his last couple days.
Aned

Miami, FL

#195 Sep 15, 2013
Obama is way more intelligent than Dictator Putin!
American

United States

#197 Sep 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, it just seems pretty sure from the way you used it you have no idea what it really means.
Which word are you talking about? Dipwad?

That's you, bud. Can't be any clearer than that.
Cat74

United States

#198 Sep 15, 2013
Sorry. Putin had Obama for lunch, and took home doggie bags. What if the Russians knew something about information that is sealed over here, but likely public knowledge in Russia. Obama so quickly changed his mind about what he was going to do in Syria. He even caught Hanoi John off guard. We will never know the truth until president Obama is out of office.
Edgar Casey

Bethlehem, PA

#199 Sep 15, 2013
Putin is a fat KGB toad stuffing his pockets with oil money; a modern day czar, suppressing all opposition....Russia is still too backward for democracy...poorly dressed and ill-humored lot. Our gift to you will be fresh Qaeda recruits in Syria to challenge your hegemony over Chechnya and Dagistan. Blood on Russia's hands for all the weapons supplied for Assad to use in the massacre of his own people. Now Russia pays. Putin may laugh today, Obama may look weak, but Putin and the Russians will be torn apart when the vengeful hordes come roaring across the Caucasus.
NSA

United States

#200 Sep 15, 2013
We're watching you, Edgar.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#201 Sep 15, 2013
Edgar Casey wrote:
Putin is a fat KGB toad stuffing his pockets with oil money; a modern day czar, suppressing all opposition....Russia is still too backward for democracy...poorly dressed and ill-humored lot. Our gift to you will be fresh Qaeda recruits in Syria to challenge your hegemony over Chechnya and Dagistan. Blood on Russia's hands for all the weapons supplied for Assad to use in the massacre of his own people. Now Russia pays. Putin may laugh today, Obama may look weak, but Putin and the Russians will be torn apart when the vengeful hordes come roaring across the Caucasus.
Obama does not look weak. I wonder what anyone else would have done in the same situation. He is choosing the least damaging of a number of terrible choices. What's really disgusting is that, even against a common enemy, there are those a'holes who want to make this a partisan issue.

There is some truth in what you say about Russia. Visit the bathroom in the Moscow airport, where there are no toilet seats, and everyone has to share from a single roll of toilet paper. And from close up, you would think the natives had never heard of deodorant.
St. Petersburg is a very attractive city. But even there it seems the government spends more money on sprucing up their cathedrals than on caring for the basic needs of their citizens.

Since: Aug 13

El Dorado, Arkansas

#202 Sep 16, 2013
I wish America just leave Russia alone cuz I think the Russia is more powerful than U.S.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#203 Sep 16, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Someone give this guy a slap on the back of the head and wake this nutjob up.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#204 Sep 16, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Must not have been too important. He is all over the T V most days, and suddenly he is off crying in his beer or something. Why weren't there more pictures? A big campaign speech that he has become so famous for? I think you made that up. I'll google his last couple days.
Did you not make it through school that you need pictures to tell you the story?? Throw your prejudice and bigotry back in the closet and maybe you will understand reality.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#205 Sep 16, 2013
Msyogibear wrote:
I wish America just leave Russia alone cuz I think the Russia is more powerful than U.S.
And don't forget, the earth is flat.
Cat74

United States

#206 Sep 16, 2013
The reality is Vladimir Putin just ate Oabma's lunch, and took home doggie bags. The whole world is laughing, because Kerry is trying to scare Bashar Assad with threatening "Unbelievably small" attacks, and sitting down with Sergey Lavrov who told Hanoi John in a nice diplomatic way to shut the hell up. Of course you are not aware of any of this. You watch fantasy world on CNN, and MSNBC

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#207 Sep 16, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>If Putin were smarter than Obama, he wouldn't be so afraid of his own people.
Anyone who thinks Obama is dumb probably hasn't yet learned to walk upright.
Anyone who underestimates anything about this President is probably better off being ignorant. He really is a class act and doesn't seem fazed by anything. Except maybe mass shootings and murders in public places in his country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Publishing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Florida woman wins $590.5m Powerball jackpot (May '13) 5 hr Snark Levinski 51
News The white nationalist group that was in the Sac... 20 hr Clintondreamers 1
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 22 hr Augie 898
News Hopes dashed for millions of illegal immigrants... Tue TARP 19
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jun 26 Tony 625
News 24 Dead in Devastating West Virginia Flooding Jun 26 ELISE GINGERICH 1
News Democrats see danger signs in states where Clin... Jun 25 USA Today 1
More from around the web