Immigration overhaul may mean demographic shift

Jun 16, 2013 Full story: Bend Bulletin 11

Driver's license photographs and biographical information of most Americans would be accessible through an expanded Department of Homeland Security nationwide computer network if the immigration legislation pending before the Senate becomes law.

Full Story

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1 Jun 16, 2013
sure the bill will change us from being almost at the top to the bottom of the sewer.

there is nothing good in this bill and dirty harry wants no amendments he wants it to stand as is after being written behind closed door with anti-America folks having all the say.

we need everyone out of office who supports this bill.
magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#2 Jun 16, 2013
I have yet to see an Asian protesting and demanding their "rights" as illegal aliens!

There are more Asians attending college than any other minority group...and they don't beg us for tuition breaks, they do it themselves.

Also, have you met an Asian who doesn't speak English and demands that you learn their language. Most Asians speak English, and make every attempt to be good at it!

I don't like any of this either, but Asians are a GREAT relief over our self entitled, arrogant, ignorant, underachieving neighbors from the South!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3 Jun 16, 2013
magadala wrote:
I have yet to see an Asian protesting and demanding their "rights" as illegal aliens!
There are more Asians attending college than any other minority group...and they don't beg us for tuition breaks, they do it themselves.
Also, have you met an Asian who doesn't speak English and demands that you learn their language. Most Asians speak English, and make every attempt to be good at it!
I don't like any of this either, but Asians are a GREAT relief over our self entitled, arrogant, ignorant, underachieving neighbors from the South!
may this should be thought on in about 10 or 20 years,right now immigration is hurting the country not helping,it makes no difference where they are from we are in no shape to keep bringing in more people.
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#4 Jun 16, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
sure the bill will change us from being almost at the top to the bottom of the sewer.
there is nothing good in this bill and dirty harry wants no amendments he wants it to stand as is after being written behind closed door with anti-America folks having all the say.
we need everyone out of office who supports this bill.
Acceptance is the first step of over coming consequences of all misfortune, no one has the power over universal concepts like, can't stop the sun from rising, day begins at 12 and ends at 12 we are just part of a cycle of an ever changing world that cannot be held back no matter what.
Who Knows

Gaithersburg, MD

#5 Jun 16, 2013
magadala wrote:
It all comes down to values, integrity,morals, and character and you're right south of the border they don't posses these qualities that we respect in others.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#6 Jun 16, 2013
It won't.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#8 Jun 17, 2013
More Chinese women are traveling to America to give birth

Beijing - Wang Rong, who is six-months pregnant, is about to leave Beijing
for California so she can give birth to her baby in the United States and
give the child its first gift - US citizenship.

The special delivery will cost Wang and her husband, both white-collar
workers in the capital, 100,000 yuan ($15,000), but they say it is money
well spent.

The expenditure will cover all costs, including services before departure,
medical care in the US and a three-month stay there, thanks to the help of a
Shanghai-based agency that specializes in taking mainland moms to North
America.

"Given the quality of educational resources and employment prospects in
China, where there is a huge population and harsh competition, I want my
baby to win at the starting line by obtaining US citizenship," she said.

The cost to deliver a baby in the US is far higher than in Beijing, but
still affordable for the couple, which makes nearly 250,000 yuan a year, she
said.

The list of benefits runs long for babies born in the US, says Jiang Feng,
the Chinese mainland partner of the agency, which originated in Taiwan.

Jiang said babies born in the US will, at the very least, be entitled to a
place at an American public university, which is favored by many parents
over domestic institutions, both for quality of teaching and cheaper
tuition.

"The number of mainland customers has been skyrocketing since we opened the
branch in late 2008, right after the US opened tourist visa applications to
Chinese individuals," he told China Daily.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2010-07/03...

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#9 Jun 17, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Acceptance is the first step of over coming consequences of all misfortune, no one has the power over universal concepts like, can't stop the sun from rising, day begins at 12 and ends at 12 we are just part of a cycle of an ever changing world that cannot be held back no matter what.
Sounds like Open borders talk to me!
Rude Term for Mexicans

New York, NY

#10 Jun 17, 2013
It is not racism to be against allowing Mexicans, Central Americans and other Third Worlders into the US. There are cultural differences between the Europeans and Latinos that can not be overcome by simply mixing them together in the name of diversity. If you were to take, for example, a Sudanese and move him to Cambodia, he would have a very difficult time adjusting to the cultural and social values of that country. Mexicans have shown they do not fit into American society BY THEIR OWN CHOICE. They maintain their language and customs (when was the last time you heard press two for German?) and have a demanding "give me" attitude that does not sit well with many Americans (white or black, even Mexican-Americans, who make up the majority of Border Patrol agents, btw). Why don't some of you liberal, progressive thinking, pro-illegal aliens bleeding hearts understand that if you put tequila and jalapenos in beef stew you no longer have beef stew? America has an obligation to the entire world to lead and be a beacon of sanity in a savage world. Introduce the Mexican culture into the US, it will inevitably decline and this will irreparably harm everyone on earth FOREVER. GOOGLE "Mexican beheading" or "Mexicans burn rapists alive" to see the culture of the parts of Mexico where our about to be new citizens come from. We are not talking about allowing hardworking gardeners and maids into the US, we are talking about violent, vulgar, vile subhuman trash and the end of America as we know it.
Rude Term for Mexicans

New York, NY

#12 Jun 17, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of acceptance, when are you going to accept the fact that illegal aliens are lawbreaking, lying, cheating, stealing, lowlife scum, quite possibly the most disgusting of all peoples on the planet. The only thing lower are kumbayo singing, sanctimonious, smug, let me tell you how the world should be because I know better than you liberals as your pathetic self. Please go away. Your misguided bleeding heart crap brings out the anger in me.
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#14 Jun 27, 2013
Look on the bright side....oh sh@T there is no bright side. The global economy destroyed this Country. The employers and CEO's on Wallstreet changed the demographics. We have a slave labor pooled underclass, designed by Big Business, at our peril. It's over dude. If you don't hold land outside this Country, the blending of the turds has started...hang on for dear life.!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Publishing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ukraine's Neo-Nazis Demand Respect 6 hr Swedenforever 44
John Forbes Cenedella 15 hr mandersonuk 5
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 22 hr GinaLover 635
Legendary Washington Post editor Ben Bradlee dies Wed Hooogle It 3
Fall lawn care reaps benefits for spring Wed American National 1
Ukraine urges Russia to stop separatist elections Wed Lukashenko is Dr ... 10
Cuba's Sending Doctors to Fight Ebola in West A... Oct 19 WE JUST DONT CARE 12

Publishing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE