Proposed gun law calls for home inspections of 'assault weapon' owners

Feb 19, 2013 Full story: WLLR-FM Davenport 11

Washington lawmakers last week introduced legislation that would allow county sheriffs to inspect the homes of semi-automatic rifle owners once a year With each proposed anti-gun bill put forth by Democrats across the U.S., the demands appear to be getting more and more restrictive on gun owners.

Full Story
AntiMelting

New Richmond, WI

#1 Feb 19, 2013
Lol!

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

#2 Feb 19, 2013
Chuckle...I already know what my county sheriff will say to the democrats.(Censored!) LMAO

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#3 Feb 19, 2013
NO WAY!!!!

That would be police state bigtime.

Those lawmakers are out of their minds! They are a much bigger danger to this nation than guns. Let's vote them out folks, for their even suggesting such nonsense.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#4 Feb 19, 2013
The three Democrats who proposed this legislation have no chance of getting it passed. It will be overwhelmingly defeated by majority of Democrats and Republicans in Senate. Majority coalition is 51% and made up of Republicans and Democrats.

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

#5 Feb 19, 2013
WMCOL wrote:
The three Democrats who proposed this legislation have no chance of getting it passed. It will be overwhelmingly defeated by majority of Democrats and Republicans in Senate. Majority coalition is 51% and made up of Republicans and Democrats.
We agree for once....Cheers!
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Feb 19, 2013
this type of garbage in your face unconstitutional attempt at submitting a bill hurts the next pol attempting to submit real and rational bill proposals

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#7 Feb 19, 2013
Oh yea, that'll go over well.
Sheik Yerbouti

New Hope, PA

#8 Feb 19, 2013
Don't we have a fourth amendment in place to protect citizens from unreasonable searches and seizures? Oh that's right I forgot-the current right wing court has carved out so many 'drug war' exceptions that make the fourth and fifth amendments meaningless! Unfortunately most citizens lace adequate firepower to protect themselves from this sort of government asshattery! As I recall another country did the very same thing in the 1930's!

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#9 Feb 19, 2013
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Don't we have a fourth amendment in place to protect citizens from unreasonable searches and seizures? Oh that's right I forgot-the current right wing court has carved out so many 'drug war' exceptions that make the fourth and fifth amendments meaningless! Unfortunately most citizens lace adequate firepower to protect themselves from this sort of government asshattery! As I recall another country did the very same thing in the 1930's!
You might not have noticed but it was the democratic legislature that proposed it....

I wonder if those brain dead flatlining dolts remember we have elections every few years? THIS is gonna make for some really effective campaign ads next go around.
GunOwner

Acton, MA

#10 Feb 19, 2013
I fear that this is just the first step, just putting their toe in the water to how it goes over. Logic would tell you that it hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell at getting passed, but then again did anyone really believe that Obamacare would make it through the supreme court? It was somewhat watered down, but enough of it remained that it still is going to screw us over for years to come. So why not some kind of watered down violation of the 4th amendment?
Justin

United States

#11 Feb 20, 2013
What America needs is legislation mandating that all women under the age of 30 currently residing in the city of Chicago have their hoochie coochie inspected by a professional plumber.

If we can't all agree on anything else, let's at least focus on that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Publishing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jaden & Willow Smith Give Bizarre 'NYT' Interview 39 min Abrahammock Religion 16
Sex to save Upstate NY? The New York Times blas... 21 hr Nano nano 13
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) Thu Gina My MILF 673
Elizabeth Warren blasts lobbyists for the 'rich... Wed Swedenforever 40
Dr. Phil's tech upgrade means this 'isn't your ... Wed Lina Tyler 1
Surgeon with Ebola arrives in US for treatment Nov 16 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Ex-Navy SEAL Makes No Apologies For Going Publi... Nov 15 USA Today 2

Publishing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE