Why the Rich Love High Unemployment

May 24, 2011 Full story: www.truthout.org 236
In the boardrooms of corporate America, profits aren't everything - they are the only thing. A JPMorgan research report concludes that the current corporate profit recovery is more dependent on falling unit-labor costs than during any previous expansion. At some level, corporate executives are aware that they are lowering workers' living standards, but their decisions are neither coordinated nor intentionally harmful. Call it the "paradox of profitability." Executives are acting in their own and their shareholders' best interest: maximizing profit margins in the face of weak demand by extensive layoffs and pay cuts. But what has been good for every company's income statement has been a disaster for working families and their communities. Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Devin

Newport News, VA

#236 May 27, 2011
Life one=Life long Republican Seniors
ICU

Eureka, MO

#237 May 27, 2011
tidy catz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a very jaded and overused conservative statement: "you might have to get a job. You might have to go to work...blah, blah,blah."
I have a job, dickweed. I'm a WORKING American who is getting screwed every which way possible. I've watched mine and my coworkers salaries buy less and less. I've watched us get less in raises, no more bonuses, pay more for benefits while the execs get million dollar salaries, million dollar bonuses and get their asses kissed for doing next to nothing. Hey, the good 'ol boys club takes care of its own.
Am I going to pick lettuce for $6.00 an hour? Not on your life. I couldn't make my mortgage payment on $6.00 an hour. Now if the farmer wants to pay me what I'm earning now, plus pay my health insurance and vacation I have no problem getting my hands dirty. But there again, big co-op ag companies aren't going to pay real world salaries to their workers, at least not when they can exploit poverty-stricken Mexicans to work cheap so said ag company executives can buy a vacation home in Bermuda. Yeah, for Con-Agra.
There's nothing lazy about Americans. It's just most of us have a standard of living that's somewhere above tin shack or cardboard box. Even teenagers know you can't even support an automobile on the cheap-ass wages paid by some of these companies.
Maybe if Joe CEO earned just a tiny bit less companies could afford to hire AMERICANS to do the work they so cheaply and unpatriotically want to shove off on 3rd world labor.
Maybe your President should quit spending money and eroding the value of the dollar then
Public housing prevents the tin shack...gawd, your just another liberal whiner. seriously, get a job for a change
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

#238 May 27, 2011
tidy catz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a very jaded and overused conservative statement: "you might have to get a job. You might have to go to work...blah, blah,blah."
I have a job, dickweed. I'm a WORKING American who is getting screwed every which way possible. I've watched mine and my coworkers salaries buy less and less. I've watched us get less in raises, no more bonuses, pay more for benefits while the execs get million dollar salaries, million dollar bonuses and get their asses kissed for doing next to nothing. Hey, the good 'ol boys club takes care of its own.
Am I going to pick lettuce for $6.00 an hour? Not on your life. I couldn't make my mortgage payment on $6.00 an hour. Now if the farmer wants to pay me what I'm earning now, plus pay my health insurance and vacation I have no problem getting my hands dirty. But there again, big co-op ag companies aren't going to pay real world salaries to their workers, at least not when they can exploit poverty-stricken Mexicans to work cheap so said ag company executives can buy a vacation home in Bermuda. Yeah, for Con-Agra.
There's nothing lazy about Americans. It's just most of us have a standard of living that's somewhere above tin shack or cardboard box. Even teenagers know you can't even support an automobile on the cheap-ass wages paid by some of these companies.
Maybe if Joe CEO earned just a tiny bit less companies could afford to hire AMERICANS to do the work they so cheaply and unpatriotically want to shove off on 3rd world labor.
Yeah, I know. Getting what you deserve is SO unfair. Lets have a law where everyone gets what they want instead. Oops, that what your increasingly getting. Liberalism is a mental disease
Black Holed Commie

Houston, TX

#239 May 27, 2011
And here I thought the lazy-assed progressive commie lib losers loved unemployment.

Along with Natzi Pelosi.

Silly me. I guess we can terminate welfare and unemployment "benefits" now.
Black Holed Commie

Houston, TX

#240 May 27, 2011
Devin wrote:
<quoted text>
That's part of the Republican strategy. Kill off the Seniors they're a drain on the finances of America..... I've seen people throw away their parents into nursing homes.....and loot their estates......
And the democrat strategy is to bend you progressive communists over and give you routine protein injections.....

I've seen the likes of you moaning in ecstacy for more. And begging for an extra oral dose....until you lost your um tastes...and wanted it back in your rears.

Enjoy.
WASP

Irvine, CA

#241 May 27, 2011
Feel better?
Lolol.
Vance1 wrote:
Must liberals NEVER worked ANYWHERE they have their mommy & daddy or grand parents to always fall back onto.
ICU

Eureka, MO

#242 May 27, 2011
I see Heinz is having a big layoff so it can build new plants in theird world countries. Gotta hand it to Kerry, he and the missus must need a new yacht

Since: May 10

Salinas, CA

#243 May 27, 2011
ICU wrote:
I see Heinz is having a big layoff so it can build new plants in theird world countries. Gotta hand it to Kerry, he and the missus must need a new yacht
GAWD

Heinz Sight

Claim: Senator John Kerry's wife owns Heinz, a company that outsources much of its work abroad.

Example:[Collected on the Internet, 2004]

Kerry does not like off shore companies: Oh Really? Just came across a bit of information regarding Kerry and his claim of the Bush administration sending jobs abroad. Well, it seems that the Heinz Corporation, owned by Kerry's wife, has 79 plants where it manufacturers products and 57 of the 79 are located in countries outside of the U.S. How many U.S. jobs are lost here?

Although Senator Kerry has been critical of the Bush administration for rewarding "Benedict Arnold CEOs" who move "profits and jobs overseas," the above-quoted attempt to link Kerry (through his wife) with the very outsourcing he decries is flawed in two major ways. First off, Teresa Heinz Kerry does not "own the Heinz Corporation" she has no involvement whatsoever with the management or operations of the H.J. Heinz Company, nor does she own anything close to a controlling interest of the company's stock. According to Heinz itself, the Heinz family trust which Mrs. Kerry inherited sold most of its shares of Heinz stock back in 1995 and currently holds less than a 4% interest in the company:
Neither Mrs. Heinz Kerry nor Senator Kerry nor any of the Heinz trusts or endowments either individually or collectively holds a significant percentage of shares of the H.J. Heinz Company. In 1995 the Heinz Endowments and family trusts sold a large percentage of Heinz shares in a secondary share offering to diversify their holdings. As a result, their current holdings are under 4 percent.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/heinz.as...
swedenforever

Hyattsville, MD

#244 May 28, 2011
inbred Genius wrote:
rich people pay for their own stuff, poor people leech off of others...duh...
Basically rich people pay taxes, and poor people receive taxes and sit on their porch waiting on their check. Which are you, a tax payer, or tax receiver?
you're forgetting the middle class who pay s.s.,medicare,unemployment, who also receive social benefits-hence a person can be both

Why are conservatives so radical and extreme, Conservatives just can't understand complex societies..Switzerland,Norway has proved this for many years

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#245 May 28, 2011
swedenforever wrote:
<quoted text>
Those 'social minorities' and 'disabled seniors' are mostly on foodstamps..It's their fault
your pathetic
Oh that's right, liberals do not hold themselves accountable for their decisions and choices in life..........they just whine and want what other's worked and saved for..........Pathetic is a good word for the left.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#246 May 28, 2011
Well Obama knows after all he did visit all 57 states, and any guy with his Muslim faith knows what he is talking about.
tom

Owatonna, MN

#247 May 28, 2011
Rich people do like bad economies....They can go in buy up stuff cheap then they let economy get better and they sell stuff for profit.....The rich have been doing this since begining of time....

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#249 May 28, 2011
Cameron n Obama snarf wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be Warren Buffet, Obama's best friend in Wall Street among all the others. Corporatist Obama and his czars planning to trade Cap n Tax like it was monopoly with real money. Hooooo boy! Talk about hypocrites. They hate Wall Street don't those boys?? LOL
One clueless moron calling another clueless moron a hypocrite. One thing you got right, the LOLOLOLOLOL.
WASP

Irvine, CA

#250 May 28, 2011
I've never met a Republican that took responsibility for their own party's actions. Right now they are suffering from the largest case of amnesia ever seen in the history of the earth. It's amazing really. They actually believe the United States became a nation on January 21, 2009 because it's easier than admitting they doubled the deficit, melted down the economy, lied to everyone about being fiscally conservative, refused to decertify public unions, signed the last great amnesty and have pushed for amnesty or a path to citizenship depending on which GOP president was in power, lowered taxes on the rich so they could raise the Gini index to ever new heights by hollowing out the middle and working classes in America with their investment choices while ensuring that 2/3 of corporations pay zero income taxes and the rest very few while giving them free reign to all the public resources the taxpayers have to pay for, etc... etc... etc...

As Jesus pointed out, pull the log out of your own eye friend before worrying about the splinter in someone elses.
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Oh that's right, liberals do not hold themselves accountable for their decisions and choices in life..........they just whine and want what other's worked and saved for..........Pathetic is a good word for the left.
WH Kenyan Commie Fraud

Houston, TX

#252 May 28, 2011
WASP wrote:
I've never met a Republican that took responsibility for their own party's actions. Right now they are suffering from the largest case of amnesia ever seen in the history of the earth. It's amazing really. They actually believe the United States became a nation on January 21, 2009 because it's easier than admitting they doubled the deficit, melted down the economy, lied to everyone about being fiscally conservative, refused to decertify public unions, signed the last great amnesty and have pushed for amnesty or a path to citizenship depending on which GOP president was in power, lowered taxes on the rich so they could raise the Gini index to ever new heights by hollowing out the middle and working classes in America with their investment choices while ensuring that 2/3 of corporations pay zero income taxes and the rest very few while giving them free reign to all the public resources the taxpayers have to pay for, etc... etc... etc...
As Jesus pointed out, pull the log out of your own eye friend before worrying about the splinter in someone elses.
<quoted text>
Would be easier for the democRATS to admit that the increased the deficit TENFOLD? From $161 billion in FY 2007 to $1.5 TRILLION?

As Jesus pointed out, don't be a brainwashed idiot believing the democRATS' lies.
________

In fairness, Bush's fiscally liberal spending and growth of government was outrageous as well, but nowhere near that of the democrats and Obama. While Bush's tax cuts added to the deficit, they also did as intended by growing the GDP and halting the dot-com recession and the disastrous effects of 9/11. Under Bush the DOW was above 13,000, unemployment at a nominal 4.5%, GDP growth positive, AND we had an unprecedented, record 52 consecutive months of job growth.

If you look at the deficit data, you can see that the republicans ultimately reduced the deficit to $161 billion in the last budget (FY 2007) before the democrats took control of congress after the 2006 midterms, whereupon they increased it to $455 billion BEFORE Bush left office.

Tragically, the democrats $5 TRILLION in spending has yielded NOTHING -- no jobs, no GDP growth, no confidence -- other than economic disaster, record debt, record deficits, record poverty, record home foreclosures, record food stamp enrollment, record bank closures, record-low private sector pay, record-high government pay, doubled unemployment, and utter misery.

Liberal policies ALWAYS result in abject failure. Oh, and another contrast....Bush was pro-American, not a radical marxist far-left apologist phony and fraud whose damage to this country will be felt for generations.
US Budget Deficits
http://www.fms.treas.gov/index.html

2002 FY Budget Deficit $158 Billion
2003 FY Budget Deficit $365 Billion
2004 FY Budget Deficit $412 Billion
2005 FY Budget Deficit $319 Billion
2006 FY Budget Deficit $248 Billion
2007 FY Budget Deficit $161 Billion
2008 FY Budget Deficit $455 Billion <---- Democrats control Congress
2009 FY Budget Deficit $1.4 Trillion
________

Democrat fiscal damage incarnate, in 5 consecutive posts....
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/T9BKF6...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#255 Aug 20, 2013
Mia love grilled by voters

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Publishing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 23 hr GinaLover 719
Ventura won't see 'American Sniper'; says Kyle ... Wed Doc Moe 1
Scott Walker one step closer to 2016 presidenti... Wed USA Today 1
Man Commits Suicide Outside News Corp. Building Jan 27 Bujhi 2
NYT Is Lost in Its Ukraine Propaganda Jan 27 kuda 21
Editorial: Obama's ugly tantrum Jan 25 USA Today 1
The Pundits are Dead Wrong: SOTU Still Matters Jan 24 RayOne 2
More from around the web