Former Quad/Graphics building is under contract for purchase

May 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Buffalo News

The 850,000-square-foot facility is under contract to a prospective buyer, said Richard Schechter, senior director with Pyramid Brokerage Co.'s Buffalo office.

Comments
21 - 31 of 31 Comments Last updated Dec 25, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 12

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

I think everyone should have to work crappy jobs before they find financial success. I think it breeds a better understanding for your employees and just makes you appreciate what you have a bit more.
Jealous

Sussex, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

I will start by pointing out that I am not from Sussex. Sounds to me like people are just jealous that Joel came from the family he came from. You can't tell me if your family was part of a successful business that you wouldn't jump at the chance to be a part of it. So what if Joel is now the leader of the company that his dad built. Who else should it be.
ITS OVER

Dickson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Joel may have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth and he shows it! He is a greedy corp man all he thinks about is his own pocket like all the rest of the people in his position. They take from the working people to benifit themselfs this is a big part of what is wrong with this country.They give people like him big tax breaks so he can then layoff people who are just trying to make a living to feed their familys and what makes it worst he lies to the people he brings all the men in blue in tells the people how great Quad is gives them hope, puts them in their Quad blues, gets them in their 401 them lays them off. In my eyes he is a lying ,greedy man who will get his on judgement day!!!!!!!!!! I didnt know his father but if he were alive would he have done things the way Joel has or is he rolling over in his grave for the way Joel has treated the people that worked all those years for Quebecor/Worldcolor?If you weren't here to here what was told to us you would not understand how we got the opinion of this Greedy Man
DAYS OF DESTRUCTION DAYS
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/ch...
Though the team has plenty of experience with international warfare, the war they document here is in America, where “[c]orporate capitalism will, quite literally, kill us, as it has killed Native Americans, African Americans trapped in our internal colonies in the inner cities, those left behind in the devastated coalfields, and those who live as serfs in our nation’s produce fields.” Through immersion reportage and graphic narrative, the duo illuminate the human and environmental devastation in those communities, with the warning that no one is immune.“The ruthless hunt for profit creates a world where everything and everyone is expendable…it has enriched a tiny global elite that has no loyalty to the nation-state,” writes Hedges.“These corporations, if we use the language of patriotism, are traitors.” While finding some surprising pockets of hope within communities that are otherwise steeped in despair, the pair reserve their concluding glimmer of optimism for the Occupy movement. Otherwise, they find no hope in politics as usual, depicting Democrats and Republicans as equally complicit in policies that benefit the few at the expense of the many.
A call for a new American revolution, passionately proclaimed.
Wise and Awake

Leola, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

outdoorsman

Dickson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

dear jealous,,,,why would anybody be jealous of somebody thats going to hell? ummmm, ur not from sussex.....milwaukee is down the road from sussex,,,same area,,,,,ur probably a managment suck up that has it made and dont care about people losing everything they have because of the greedy prick you work for
valveguide1

Random Lake, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

I worked for qg for 27 years. Please take my advice and leave NOW.
justsomeinfo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

If you wonder why after applying for numerous jobs, no one calls you then it is probably because Quad is refusing to verify your employment with them! I had wondered after months of applying why absolutely no one was calling until one potential employer called to say that Quad was refusing to verify I had ever worked for them SCUMBAGS!!

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

So is the Buffalo building still empty ?
TY
ralph

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

justsomeinfo wrote:
If you wonder why after applying for numerous jobs, no one calls you then it is probably because Quad is refusing to verify your employment with them! I had wondered after months of applying why absolutely no one was calling until one potential employer called to say that Quad was refusing to verify I had ever worked for them SCUMBAGS!!

show them pay stubs
Sold

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...

Former Quad/Graphics plant in Depew sold for $4.4 million
Group pays over $4 million for Depew site for manufacturing, distribution tenants
BY: Stephen Watson Published: December 25, 2012, 07:56 AMUpdated: December 25, 2012, 07:56 AM
An investment group is paying nearly $4.4 million for the former Quad/Graphics printing plant in Depew, with plans to subdivide the massive facility for a collection of manufacturing and distribution tenants.

The sale of the 850,000-square-foot plant on George Urban Boulevard to partners Frank J. Campofelice and Peter G. Wilson closed Monday, said Guy J. Agostinelli, the buyers’ attorney, and Richard Schechter, senior director with Pyramid Brokerage Co., which marketed the property.

“They want to redevelop it. It’s a nice property. There’s a lot of nice facilities there, and we want to redevelop them for future tenants,” Agostinelli said.

The purchase comes one year after Wisconsin-based Quad/Graphics closed the plant, putting 400 employees out of work.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••