Is Mormonism Still Racist?

Is Mormonism Still Racist?

There are 82 comments on the Slate Magazine story from Mar 2, 2012, titled Is Mormonism Still Racist?. In it, Slate Magazine reports that:

A statue of Brigham Young, second president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and namesake of Brigham Young University, stands in the center of Salt Lake City "God has always been discriminatory." So says Randy Bott, a professor of religion at Brigham Young University, in a Washington Post piece by Jason Horowitz .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Slate Magazine.

David

Oak Park, MI

#45 Jul 12, 2012
Then don't perpetuate it.

If you do, then expect yourself to be exposed and debased for it.

King Tut Obama? What? is that getting on with life?

What does Obama have to do with King Tut? Is that a compliment or a derision?
KING TUT OBAMA wrote:
3 things that will ALWAYS be a part of humanity!
WAR
RACISM
Discrimination
Lets get on with life or committ SUICIDE!!!!
This is the ONLY truth of the ages!!!!!!!!!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#46 Jul 13, 2012
Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my point. The black Mormons would have 20 kids as well...
<quoted text>Yes. It is.
Give us a revelation and name another.
Most likely not. Most black women are not such fools. You're not leaving my bed and telling me tonight is not my night nor are you expecting me to take care of babies you fathered another woman with me under the same roof. Total bs! Majority of white american women aren't going for the bs either!

Ours is a culture that is based on one man, one woman. Yes, we have divorces and multi families. However they do not occur under one roof with one man. We also don't give up our nieces 15 years old to be married to 40 year old uncles! But I guess you racist whites are ready for that and to accept it to, right?

With each and every change, with each and every manipulation of the scriptures you all do more damage to your so-called Christian faith, nation and party! LOL!

Location hidden

#47 Jul 13, 2012
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>The bible is the root of discrimination.
Yes, it is but I believe it's a manipulation and twisting of not only original writings, but man's interpretation of the scriptures. In other words, don't blame God, blame man!

Location hidden

#48 Jul 13, 2012
Romney rich cult member wrote:
very much so . Mormons believe "Jews are subhumans " "Blacks are beast " and all dark people are sinners
A bunch of bs born of white trash, subscribed to by white trah and believed by white trash.

Herein lies the test for Americans and one I am sure they will not fail. Those who voted for Obama never accepted the fact he was a Muslim nor did the majority not understand the concept of his former church (which is funny because he called for blacks empowering themselves financially, religiously and politically) but funny, for those Republicans that "pretend" to understand the Republican philosophy, one cannot understand what the problem is) but nonetheless, it's not that different from the Mormon Faith with the exception of the fact that this faith is not born of the Jewish/Christian Faith (which is subject, considering its history.) But now, these Republicans and yes, independents are ready to vote for this Bishop Mormon? Throw their support behind him? lol

New Book: End of a so-called christian nation that never was!

We already know that no Christian nation could have ever practiced the teachings of Christ and killed off the natives, stole their food support and labeled them savages, those who taught them to survive in the new world. Furthermore, those who were enslaved (savages) for hundreds of years and still demeaned and slurred to this day might have a problem with their so-called Christian/Jewish foundations so it's not a stretch that moral lapses would infect? lol or alter some peoples (mostly Republicans and some independents points of view of religion, politis and our nations principals, now would it?

So why not Mittyt? This slippery slope that those Americans of that mind frame have been gliding down for awhile now is not that far, now is it? Trillionaire? White the country is in a recession? Elevator for five cars? Why the hell not? America loves a winner, right? What are our favorite programs and magazines? lol

Bush wasn't enough? Have some more! lol. Better yet, vote for the man with a new heart, Cheney! Republicans, even you so-called intellectual, aren't going to pull this one off unless you cheaat and if Obama wins and finishes his term, I still despair for this country if your party ever gets its hands on this country because we're finished and you're right, if there's a devil called Satan, your party, fake religious, will usher him in with your greed and efforts to control, cut let's see who will win in the in and to my mind, it will always be the people who wanted to help others.

We'll see....and in my heart of hearts I know I am right because God makes those of us that belong to him, feel it and no amount of money, diamond, gold or sliver can replace the peace of God. He meets all our needs and much more, helps us to try and fulfill the needs of our brothers and sisters less fortunate.

Tell Mitty, to whom is much given, much is required and it's easier for a poor man to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man. Ask Cheney, who's afraid to die, lol. Got enough money to buy a heart he never had. Guess he thinks he can take his money with him, him and bush, right? I guess all those that died enriching them might say different.
Independence is Liberty

San Pablo, CA

#49 Jul 13, 2012
Sunobia wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it is but I believe it's a manipulation and twisting of not only original writings, but man's interpretation of the scriptures. In other words, don't blame God, blame man!
@@@@@@@@@@
Your words SHINE. As if a Light from Heaven. Of course those who recived the curse, whine. They spout lies and untruth. Just examine the words of their MASTER. "Barac O ba Ma. Satan". The Master of deception.

Our Father in Heaven has allowed, knowledge and wisdom to flow as water of Life. Who makes the Damms ? Who regulates the flow ? Who turns water into a commidity ? WHO ??

When one can TRUthFULLY. Answer those questions. THEN each will know where the SPIRIT OF SATAN DWELLS !

His Spirit divides as minions recive rewards. They infiltrate church and Government for monitary benifit of personal greed, desire, want, and selfishness. Stealing from Gods mean delivered by the Holy Spirit !

@@@@@@@@@@
David

Oak Park, MI

#50 Jul 13, 2012
2000 years ago when romans were building dams and persecuting the Jews, one would wonder if a man like yourself would be called "Celsus" swear that the gods were right and why would God choose to be in the form of a lowly Jew...

Ah but we are here now, and you speak of dam builders as a testament of who how power over nature makes one great.

You are very ignorant because you look at America, not the world. Dams are not made by whites everywhere, nor have they ever been.

Truthfully China has had the oldest, largest, and most powerful dams in history. But it doesn't matter.

Technological achievement does not make one a testament to God's grace. It never had. Else we would be worshipping roman gods.
Independence is Liberty wrote:
<quoted text>
@@@@@@@@@@
Your words SHINE. As if a Light from Heaven. Of course those who recived the curse, whine. They spout lies and untruth. Just examine the words of their MASTER. "Barac O ba Ma. Satan". The Master of deception.
Our Father in Heaven has allowed, knowledge and wisdom to flow as water of Life. Who makes the Damms ? Who regulates the flow ? Who turns water into a commidity ? WHO ??
When one can TRUthFULLY. Answer those questions. THEN each will know where the SPIRIT OF SATAN DWELLS !
His Spirit divides as minions recive rewards. They infiltrate church and Government for monitary benifit of personal greed, desire, want, and selfishness. Stealing from Gods mean delivered by the Holy Spirit !
@@@@@@@@@@
David

Oak Park, MI

#52 Jul 13, 2012
It was satan's kingdom long before Obama took office.

And your message is worthless garbage. Because you know why? YOu were not worried about Satan when Bush was president, or when Reagan was president.

And what is laid down in books comes from others minds. THEIR minds are more honorable than yours.

A thousand charlatains, hucksters, false prophets, Nazis, restorationalists, white supremacists, fundamentalists, and charismatic televangelists come in teaching various kinds of garbage, but attaching it to this same drivel.

So, you love calling me stupid? Even a stupid man is wise enough to see through you.

When the president is white, you will "god bless America" when he is black you will say that Satan rules all nations. In the end, you want God and the Bible to be orbiting your skin color. And that IS satanic. that IS partly why Satan has such a hold on our society.

Lightness... reckless arrogance. It's in the Bible.
<quoted text>
@@@@@@@@@@
I love calling you stupid. Because YOU ARE. We live in "SATAN'S" KINGDOM... My message is that HE is in Control of THIS KINGDOM... AS long as people like you knell to "IT'S" power. HIS (Satan's) Authority. We are going to be nothing but what we were in the begining and in the END !
Get a CLUE. All which you preach comes from man... A book printed. What I lay down here is from my mind. The Contact between what YOU do not understand and the message , transulates in your mind as argument. Same as SATAN would have you belive. Keep beliving your self and see where it leads YOU...
@@@@@@@@@@
David

Oak Park, MI

#53 Jul 13, 2012
And you are a man.

And what I preach comes from the minds of others.

So you're at an impasse.
<quoted text>
@@@@@@@@@@
Get a CLUE. All which you preach comes from man... A book printed. What I lay down here is from my mind. The Contact between what YOU do not understand and the message , transulates in your mind as argument. Same as SATAN would have you belive. Keep beliving your self and see where it leads YOU...
@@@@@@@@@@
Osama Bin Dead

United States

#54 Jul 13, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
Hell yeah it is!
Based on Arian philosophy.. No black men or women allowed in their Holy Temple.
Osama Bin Dead

United States

#55 Jul 13, 2012
<quoted text>
@@@@@@@@@@
I love calling you stupid. Because YOU ARE. We live in "SATAN'S" KINGDOM... My message is that HE is in Control of THIS KINGDOM... AS long as people like you knell to "IT'S" power. HIS (Satan's) Authority. We are going to be nothing but what we were in the begining and in the END !
@@@@@@@@@@
The statement of the hopeless abyss..

You are what you preach free to be indepentently hopeless. Alone no hope of an after life.. Done zilch nada.. dust in the wind.
imaginaryfriend

Sterling Heights, MI

#59 Jul 13, 2012
Please seek immediate psychiatric help, Indy!
David

Oak Park, MI

#62 Jul 13, 2012
There it is,

White racist collapse. Run to your mythological twisting of scripture, with your demonic possession and what not.

I believe in Spirits, but I do not believe in your fables. Just like I believe in prophets, but I do not believe any Mormons were sent by God to be one. I believe that Egyptians could have come to America long ago, but none of them had anything to do with Mormon fairy tales.

You see how it works, Dr Viking?

see you make up mythological lies and then run around and talk about it as if it was something that happened beforehand.

But you rely on others reading to simply take your confusing names and random dates and accusations and then to go "gee, maybe he's telling the truth, I mean he just throws out names like it actually happened"
<quoted text>
@@@@@@@@@@
You are a MORON. Or for sure not a MORMAN..
Satan exist on Earth as a SPIRIT. Unfortunately, That Spirit is in possession of the President. When YOU or anyone else talks of GOD. Reather they belive it or not. They are talking of the SPIRIT WORLD...
If you do not belive in Spirits, Then YOU DO NOT BELIVE IN GOD>>> THAT SIMPLE!!!!!
A group of people were able to raise a breed of selected genic mix, groomed with induced influnces, paid with select funds pushed thru the U.S. senate finance committee, by Senator Dan Roustinkouski.
His partispation in (rituals) sermonies, which produced a fetus. That Vessel to be the vehicle, for the Spirit of Satan.
Now President of the United States.
All will see. An time is on my side.
One more thing. Why do you keep talking about WHITE ? An Skin Color ? Are you dissappointed in your vessel ? Prove to me you belive there are Spirits. I belive you are a lier. Working for evil.
David

Oak Park, MI

#63 Jul 13, 2012
ATLAH, the Machine, the KKK. Take your pick. All of you are black hating lying manipulators.

This topic has now died.

No one cares about your fictional story, Dr Viking
Hey "DAVID". I am not saying Roustinkouski is the daddy. There were 11 others there. One was daddy. One was mommie. Go figure where the spirit CUuMS in.
David

Oak Park, MI

#64 Jul 13, 2012
Yes you can call me "I-DO-IT" because just I do a lot of things.

IDIOT!

David 1, Legion 0
One other thing "DAVID". Please read my mind. I look forward to your reading. YOU IDOIT.
islam allah - terror

Chicago, IL

#66 Jul 14, 2012
David wrote:
Then don't perpetuate it.
If you do, then expect yourself to be exposed and debased for it.
King Tut Obama?
What? is that getting on with life?
What does Obama have to do with King Tut? Is that a compliment or a derision?
<quoted text>
David

Oak Park, MI

#67 Jul 14, 2012
WHy am I so responsive? Ask yourself that question. You are a pretender. You can't even admit when you make a mistake. You misspelled the word. Big deal. I know for you it's so embarrassing that it's like utter humiliation that my dark skinned mind can out think you on even the smallest details.

Now, regarding my beliefs. One isn't "born" with a set of beliefs.

But you're obviously feeble in understanding that people, any people can learn to do anything that anyone else can do. Breeds are for dogs and horses. So you go on and on about breeds and you seem to be fixated on this breed myth. Because you are the atheist.

Each individual's capability is uniquely open to doing anything. What one is able to do manifests itself in their life. GOD, doesn't leave humans as you suggest.

Your philosophy is nothing more than a sad begging for preferential treatment and easy access. Maybe if you wish hard enough all black people will believe they can do no better, and more job openings for the better jobs will be available for whites. Keep wishing, and while you're at it, wish that wings will grow out of your back.

And the ones that apply force, without question moral value?

Those are called terrorists. You know, like the KKK, Al Keda, etc.

You are now so incoherent in your posts there's not much left of you. Take your racist theology and your
Liberty is Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so happy you picked up on "I do IT". Why are you so responsive ?
You do not belive in SPIRITS ? Is that your admission ?
That you are an ATHIEST.
That you are a breed of human which is born with something the others do not have ? A CURSE ! Carried thru generations.
You know humans have been being breeded for thousands of years. Some are better then other at various tasks. Not everyone can be a welder or a Doctor OR ????...
Some breeds of humans work really well at Mc Donalds. Some make great stone cutters. Today things have changed toward technology. So no there is a need for people with hugh butts and don't move around very much and follow orders very precisely. Arn't they called prograners ? Then there is a need for ones who apply force under authority without question to any moral value. Arn't they called Police ?
As far as a LEGION, Last I checked MY, power of Three, has expanded to 2.5 million.
Truth is easy to think

Germany

#68 Jul 14, 2012
Any group should have the right to associate with whomever it wants to.

Get over this racism bs. It's just childish. If Whites want to hang around other Whites, let it happen.

No one chucks potty tantrums when Asians or Blacks do it.

No more double standards. Whites have had enough abuse.
David

Oak Park, MI

#69 Jul 14, 2012
Our conversation was about you and your ilk trying to link Obama to satan. It was about you blaspheming heretics trying to perpetuate the notion that cain's curse, mark, and heritage was related to black people.

Basically I am telling you that you can associate with whatever you want. But when you go in a public place and proclaim lies about others, specifically my people, to such a degree that you try to associate us with Cain and satan? You will be, by the right of God, crushed, refuted, embarrassed, and told off for what you try to do.

You speak blasphemy, Heresy, Lies, evil, sin.

I will continue to exercise my right and obligation to refute and rebuke you.
Truth is easy to think wrote:
Any group should have the right to associate with whomever it wants to.
Get over this racism bs. It's just childish. If Whites want to hang around other Whites, let it happen.
No one chucks potty tantrums when Asians or Blacks do it.
No more double standards. Whites have had enough abuse.
David

Oak Park, MI

#70 Jul 14, 2012
If your liberty and freedom requires you to tell lies and perpetuate monsterous falsehoods about others, to enslave them, then no, you do not deserve to be free.

If the south tries to rise again, we will crush the south again...

Remember THAT!
David

Oak Park, MI

#72 Jul 15, 2012
And you're an inoherent bumbling boob.
The WORLD of America? America is a country, not a world.
And the southern "invaasion"? what the heck are you whining about? Are you interested in going to work on a farm for 4 dollars an hour?
Loser
Freedom LOST to UN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell ya. You really are a PINHEAD !
Get a C L U E . The South has already risen to your area. The South has and is rising every day. LOOK around your self ? Been to a 7-11 lately ? Do you speak Spanish ?
You must be old and on dillas ? The World of America has been invaded. An the army was in waiting.. They are here. Read the paper. Go check your local Salvation Army.. Of course You are in Michigan, all your jobs went to China. then the south of the borders came in to fill the holes. Go count your welfair money.
By the way I am the NORTH. You are a PINHEAD...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Publishing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State Dept. memo - on dangers of leaks - leaks ... 7 hr USA Today 1
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 12 hr chuckles 1,107
News Trump Just Fired Every Senior Manager at the St... 21 hr PoliciaFederal 18
News Florida woman wins $590.5m Powerball jackpot (May '13) Feb 22 Dead Mothers Club 118
News News 1 HRS Ago Country star cancels 25K tickets... Feb 21 okimar 1
News Fox News host Brenda Buttner dies at age 55 Feb 21 okimar 1
News The Latest: CIA analyst says he can't serve und... Feb 21 astron 2
More from around the web