Is Mormonism Still Racist?

Is Mormonism Still Racist?

There are 82 comments on the Slate Magazine story from Mar 2, 2012, titled Is Mormonism Still Racist?. In it, Slate Magazine reports that:

A statue of Brigham Young, second president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and namesake of Brigham Young University, stands in the center of Salt Lake City "God has always been discriminatory." So says Randy Bott, a professor of religion at Brigham Young University, in a Washington Post piece by Jason Horowitz .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Slate Magazine.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#24 Jul 7, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...yeah right. Apparently you've never read the Bible. It's full of discrimination and bigotry and segregation themes, practices and commandments.
The bible is the root of discrimination.
David

Oak Park, MI

#26 Jul 7, 2012
Yea, and that's irrlevant.

Because that was in regards to religious practices, not arbitrary prejudices.

Furthermore, the NEW TESTAMENT did not condone the old ways of prejudice that went on in the Jewish religion.

Mormon religious books merely took what was popular in the 1830s and tried to retcon it into the Bible. Horrible disgusting thing.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...yeah right. Apparently you've never read the Bible. It's full of discrimination and bigotry and segregation themes, practices and commandments.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#27 Jul 7, 2012
David wrote:
Yea, and that's irrlevant.
Because that was in regards to religious practices, not arbitrary prejudices.
Furthermore, the NEW TESTAMENT did not condone the old ways of prejudice that went on in the Jewish religion.
Mormon religious books merely took what was popular in the 1830s and tried to retcon it into the Bible. Horrible disgusting thing.
<quoted text>
Honestly, it's too much for Topix posters to digest. Of course the Mormons or their bible is racist. They used the "curse of Ham" for eons, if not to exclude blacks from their so-called holy temple, at the very least to demean them. Where did this come from? From organized religion, of course. The very same excuse for enslaving blacks (curse of Ham) and finding them inferior is something that their (Mormons) latched onto! All of it is bs! Antropolgist now have to admit that ham's descedants were not black but "white!" There went not only the Mormon's excuse that blacks were inferior but organized religions too! The real and true reason that Africans were enslaved was "color." The same problem, racist whites are dealing with today! They've enslaved each other but those enslaved managed to escape and mingle with the natives. Blacks were enslaved because of their skin color. Asians were enslaved because of their skin color and eyes, period! All the other bs, inferiority, lack of spirituality, etc. were excuses to use to justify their enslavement of another race of man.

Now, in Arizona, one can see the same bs played out but thank God, it was stopped by the Supreme Court. This time, people that "look" different" were to be stopped and asked for ID, contrary to America's provision against "unnecessary search and seizure" reportedly to stop illegal immigration, lol. However, given the low educational level and racial level of law enforcement, who were they going to stop? Of course all Americans know it would be olive-skinned, dark-haired, hispanics. But what of the blonde-haired, blue-eyed? How about the black mexicans?(yes, there are black mexicans who were escaped slaves) what of greeks, italians, spaniards (racist to the core and the orignial caucasians and racists? lol) Can Billy Bob tell the difference or are they asking for a whole world of pain?

In steps the census. We just have to know how many Americans and what exactly they are, why? Don't these Republicans racists say Americans are Americans and why should anyone be hypenated? So why now should we all state what we are in such limited categories? It can't be because white women are having less children or aborting more or mixing with other races, could it? Vagina police or pro-abortion are not concerned with minorities birth rates, it's WHITE WOMEN'S VAGINA'S THEY WANT TO CONTROL! The abortion fight is a women's issue, of that, it's no doubt, but it's not altrustic, it's control of whites declining birth rate. Now, as in South Africa, mules or mixed will now be considered whites to up the birth rate and count and also divide and conquer by making those classified as such, think they're "special" by the category of "white".

So, we're left with this quasi religious mixture of faith that falls flat on its face. Religion used to influence and ingratiate people. Make them believe that God approves of man-man dictates and doctrines.

I have nothing against people of faith. I think God favors them and holds them up and does not fault them. However, I think God gives others discernment and with this gift, they're supposed to warn and help others.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#28 Jul 7, 2012
HugeKielbasa wrote:
Well with their 20 kids?
Don't their kids need to work some where? Like the airport?
That's my point. The black Mormons would have 20 kids as well...
David wrote:
No it's not.
But you simply saying that it is, oh that was so compelling since it sounds so "revelational"
Yes. It is.

Give us a revelation and name another.
Jose

Oak Park, MI

#29 Jul 11, 2012
No I will not give you a revelation and name another.

I do not need to provide you with a replacement to the obvious fraud that you have accepted.

I do not need to provide an explanation to replace the obvious fabrication about Mormon (read: Pre-Mormon protestant) lies about black peoples origins.

YOU provide whatever it is, and make it actually truthful. Don't act like a lie is truthful just because you say "This is it"
Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my point. The black Mormons would have 20 kids as well...
<quoted text>Yes. It is.
Give us a revelation and name another.
Independence is Liberty

Chicago, IL

#30 Jul 12, 2012
Answer to topic.

"ONLY IF ONE IS CAUCASION OR PRECIVED A WHITE..."

Raceism is reserved as a TERM. To describe HATE Colords HAVE. For those, which they can never, BE...

It is TRUE. If one is White (Caucasion). YOU have something which, the Others, can never have... They cannot take it from you. So they undermine your being. They plot plan and minipulate. They Conger Evil against, that which "IT" will never be.

The Curse is theirs and the Evil it sturs is SHOWING. It is showing in Government. It is showing in those who would other wise protect and defed against all agressors. "IT" invades. It comes from the SOUTH ! "HE IS WITH US !" His name is Satan ! He is in the White House !
David

Oak Park, MI

#31 Jul 12, 2012
Really?
What is that you HAVE that I want to be?
You actually think people just want to wake up and be white as if it is about something?
We can never have it? We don't WANT it. What we want is for people to stop shitting on us for being darker skinned. Beyond that, no one WANTS or CARES about your skin color.
And the mere fact you think that by simply BEING darker skinned you're somehow evil,
well that's called "reckless arrogance" which the Bible describes as lightness.
So here, I respond to your stuff with... well the Bible:
Jeremiah 23:32
Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the LORD, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the LORD.
So you can take your lies and lightness and reckless arrogance and dance around and frolic like an idiot going "look at me, look at meeeee I'm lightskinned"
Because in the end, anyone who buys into it is beyond stupid.

And those Mormons, claiming that your religion is NOT racist? Your silence to the demon "Independence is Liberty" posting. You're fake sellouts too

As for you... Your new name is "Independence is Legion"
Independence is Liberty wrote:
Answer to topic.
Raceism is reserved as a TERM. To describe HATE Colords HAVE. For those, which they can never, BE...
It is TRUE. If one is White (Caucasion). YOU have something which, the Others, can never have... They cannot take it from you. So they undermine your being. They plot plan and minipulate. They Conger Evil against, that which "IT" will never be.
The Curse is theirs and the Evil it sturs is SHOWING. It is showing in Government. It is showing in those who would other wise protect and defed against all agressors. "IT" invades. It comes from the SOUTH ! "HE IS WITH US !" His name is Satan ! He is in the White House !
David

Oak Park, MI

#32 Jul 12, 2012
Oh and Legion...

The reason "Racism" exists is because of you. Your Hitlers, your Coons, your slavery, your laziness, your blaming others for your Southern failure, your self-righteousness, your notion that owning slaves, and never working, and taking an unfair representation in congress for it, while whining about "taxes" and "states rights". While you raped slaves and cheated on your white wife. While you deadbeated your children and sent them also to slavery. While you did all of this and called yourself "godly".

You're the biggest whining baby and lazy charlatain.

No, no one wants "THAT".
Answer to topic.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#33 Jul 12, 2012
Mormonism is a racist homophobic bigoted religion. It's a stupid religion for stupid people.

Mormonism teaches that "if a white man has sex with a black man both of them shall be put to death." That's what Mormonism actually teaches.

I have no respect for Mormons. You are worse than KKK. That's why I'm gladly voting against Mitt Romney this November.

Location hidden

#34 Jul 12, 2012
Answer to topic.
What to do with an illiterate that can't even spell his race? What to do with a "white" that can't even spell the words and names of hate?

Not a damn thing, lol. You've been propped up and carried by other more successful whites and it's given you self-esteem and courage that you've not earned on your own.

We're not cursed. None of God's creations are. However, you're judged by your own words (misspelled or not) Your words speak to a sick and wicked spirit. a spirit full of hate, malice and false pride.

Even Mormons teach that we're judged on that day by our individual acts. Your accomplishments are yours and yours alone, so are your failures and sins. You can grabbed hold of every white accomplishment and failure, but in the end, you, yourself, will be held responsible for what's in your spirit. You can't take the entire white race with you as I can't take the black race with me.

I don't see blacks as necessarily victims. I see them and other abused non-white races as victors. Why? Because it takes a whole lot of patience, fortitude and grace to put up with aholes like you.

:)

Location hidden

#35 Jul 12, 2012
Answer to topic.
Oh, you did answer the question for this thread. Yes, Mormonism is still VERY RACIST and if you're a MORMON, you're proof and a very illiterate proof at that!
Independence is Liberty

San Pablo, CA

#36 Jul 12, 2012
David wrote:
Really?
What is that you HAVE that I want to be?
You actually think people just want to wake up and be white as if it is about something?
We can never have it? We don't WANT it. What we want is for people to stop shitting on us for being darker skinned. Beyond that, no one WANTS or CARES about your skin color.
And the mere fact you think that by simply BEING darker skinned you're somehow evil,
well that's called "reckless arrogance" which the Bible describes as lightness.
So here, I respond to your stuff with... well the Bible:
Jeremiah 23:32
Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the LORD, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the LORD.
So you can take your lies and lightness and reckless arrogance and dance around and frolic like an idiot going "look at me, look at meeeee I'm lightskinned"
Because in the end, anyone who buys into it is beyond stupid.
And those Mormons, claiming that your religion is NOT racist? Your silence to the demon "Independence is Liberty" posting. You're fake sellouts too
As for you... Your new name is "Independence is Legion"
<quoted text>
I am Impressed ! Tell Me This POWER or should I say, TALENT. You claim. Which, you can read minds. Now THAT is very intresting.

As for a wake up. I am sure when you wake up you will not change colors. AS for most of us the sun takes its toll. As for what is in the minds of the invadors, well that speaks for its self.

Your part about a Leigon. I see your army of socalists commie demonds posting, in a chase as if their master called them.

Your Master awaits your Tax return...

Independence is Liberty

San Pablo, CA

#37 Jul 12, 2012
David wrote:
Oh and Legion...
The reason "Racism" exists is because of you. Your Hitlers, your Coons, your slavery, your laziness, your blaming others for your Southern failure, your self-righteousness, your notion that owning slaves, and never working, and taking an unfair representation in congress for it, while whining about "taxes" and "states rights". While you raped slaves and cheated on your white wife. While you deadbeated your children and sent them also to slavery. While you did all of this and called yourself "godly".
You're the biggest whining baby and lazy charlatain.
No, no one wants "THAT".
<quoted text>
I am sorry YOU will never be. Your hate is becomming of your response. My color is from hard work in the sun. Where did your come from ? It shows here, in your words. I will keep you in my prayers. But I cannot save you...
Plain And Simple

United States

#38 Jul 12, 2012
May be.
David

Oak Park, MI

#39 Jul 12, 2012
You lost sight of your own point haven't you?

I do not give a sh!t about your skin color, nor about having it. It is meaningless. "it" is worthless, and ultimately is clearly hyped up nothingness. You make it "mean" something by virtue of shitting on others who do not have it, then go back, covering your ass by saying that people call you racist because they want your skin color. Totally ignoring that they call you racist because YOU ARE ACTING OUT racist ideas and things.

So YOUR power, which is no power at all, is a mere talent of duping unsuspecting minds. Look at how you start of. Oh as if I and others like me are already wanting something. Oh that's real talent. Convince people they want something they do not want. It's how you sell coke and pepsi. Crap soft drinks that TASTE LIKE CRAP.

So yes, I wake up and I will not change colors. Neither will you. So you look at your color wanting to change it? Neither do I. But even funnier, you mention something that humiliates you. You cannot even stay in the sun for too long. For you especially because you will change color and burn. And your silly mind cannot handle being darker. So you avoid the sun, the light, the very thing God created that gives this world the capacity to sustain life.

And for your mind, you give us what it is. You obsess over the notion that people want what you have. You're like a child who is stupidly thinking the other kids want your broken toy. Your skin color is about as interesting and valuable as lead tainted paint. But many people want the benefits that come with the hype. Better job, raises, etc. Because they know that people in power seem to be biased towards that. Yet you again confuse that with a desire to be like a white person.

Your problem is that you are so self-absorbed like many racists because you want attention. You want it to be about you. It would be worse for you if people of various colors succeed without your interference. Because you'd sit on the sidelines, as you increasingly do.

And as far as taxes go? Whose face is on the money? The president. So give to the president what is the president and give to God what is God's.

Paying taxes has been going around since your white Romans have been imposing it on people of color from 2000 years ago. Not my problem, hypocrite.
<quoted text>
I am Impressed ! Tell Me This POWER or should I say, TALENT. You claim. Which, you can read minds. Now THAT is very intresting.
As for a wake up. I am sure when you wake up you will not change colors. AS for most of us the sun takes its toll. As for what is in the minds of the invadors, well that speaks for its self.
Your part about a Leigon. I see your army of socalists commie demonds posting, in a chase as if their master called them.
David

Oak Park, MI

#40 Jul 12, 2012
Look at you.

You seem to not get that people don't CARE about your skin color or where it came from. You can take your white skin, or tanned skin, I do not CARE.

And you throw the word hate around like it's candy. I hate evil. I hate racist ideology. So yes, my hate hopefully is clear in my response. My color is something you are interested in?

Well guess what? I'm going to help you grow out of your actual hate and immaturity by telling you: My skin color is none of your business.

Now go get a life.
<quoted text>
I am sorry YOU will never be. Your hate is becomming of your response. My color is from hard work in the sun. Where did your come from ? It shows here, in your words. I will keep you in my prayers. But I cannot save you...
David

Oak Park, MI

#41 Jul 12, 2012
Be impressed with this asshole

FOr eons, humans were brown and dark, and white people came about so recently. Over the past 600 years or so you started to want to purify yourselves by separating yourselves by your small region in the west hinterlands of Eurasia. You then try to steal Christanity by turning it into a white mans' religion. Thank God for the fact that elsewhere in the world it was already taught before you got your hands on it.

But then so you come here and you kill Native Americans and Aboriginies and try to kill Africans.

You fail and now here is your fate:

100 years from now, you will be less than 10% of the population.

Because your "pure" theology of your race will be broken by the fact that merely by statistical variation, interracial marriage will wipe you out.

Look at you now, taking in Latinos, Arabs, Jews. 100 years ago Italians were classified as "negro". Now you'll take anyone to bolster your numbers. Soon you'll add India to your "Caucasian" list.

But it is only slowing the inevitable.

If being Caucasian or white means that you are anything but actually "white", then so be it. The word will be a mere mythological metaphor.

But the fact is, in the end, the lightskinned white European will be a small fraction of a varied human race.

You will be RE-absorbed back into the human fold. And you can pretend a race war will save you, or technology, or some mythological alien invasion. Don't matter.

Barack Obama was a white woman's child. He's not white enough for you.

Thank you. Thank you for helping us get rid of you all the more quickly.
<quoted text>
David

Oak Park, MI

#42 Jul 12, 2012
You see the hate in that previous post? Good.

Because the thing is you do not understand what the hate is.

You think it's hate for your skin color. You think it's a hate for your being born in Western Eurasia.

You think it's some hate for you believing,not actually having,some innate _______(fill in the blank it doesn't matter).

What I hate is none of that. Any black person has what think you have. Any brown person has what you think you have.

But most importantly, those who know what they have are no longer held back by racist ideology:

Stephen Stafford
Tony Hansberry

Do you think they want to be like you. Do you think I'd rather be like you, or like them?

Would you imagine a white kid in methlabtown, USA would want to be like you, or like them?

Reality. It's setting in.

Oh and as far as God is concerned? He's on our side. Not because of our skin color, but because we are not drawn up to obsess over it like you have, basing a whole religion's creation myth on skin color! Going so far as to try to rewrite the Bible to fit around it. Oh and it's the same teaching that the Nazis and the other racist cults made up.

You've spit on God, you've spit on the prophets, you've spit on Jesus resurrection. For what? To sell it to white skin color.

That's the devil. Pride, contempt, and worthless self idolization. "They want what we have". You sound like a pagan false god that God sent the Israelites to destroy.
KING TUT OBAMA

Wasilla, AK

#43 Jul 12, 2012
3 things that will ALWAYS be a part of humanity!

WAR
RACISM
Discrimination

Lets get on with life or committ SUICIDE!!!!

This is the ONLY truth of the ages!!!!!!!!!
Romney rich cult member

Chicago, IL

#44 Jul 12, 2012
very much so . Mormons believe "Jews are subhumans " "Blacks are beast " and all dark people are sinners

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Publishing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton: Trump's inauguration speech was 'a cry... 38 min Ted Haggard s Mas... 131
News Schiff: Trump has - no ideology' except - his o... 14 hr Jeff Brightone 1
News The news media love America. The government, no... Mon FormerParatrooper 56
News U.S. warns that time is running out for peacefu... Sun Jeff Brightone 1
News Even with Trump warning, Mueller likely to prob... Sep 15 ALMS RACE 3
News Anthony Weiner scandal: From politics to sextin... Sep 14 Latter Day Taint 1
News Mass deportation isn't just impractical. It's v... (Sep '16) Sep 14 help people in fl... 6
More from around the web