Rush Limbaugh: Jason Collins News 'Rammed Down People's Throats'

May 1, 2013 Full story: www.huffingtonpost.com 50

Rush Limbaugh lamented on Tuesday what he called the lack of "tolerance" for anti-gay reactions to Jason Collins' coming out.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#1 May 1, 2013
Sounds like poor Rush is desperate to get his audience back. It must be tough for him being so irrelevant.
Sgt Common Sense

United States

#2 May 1, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
Sounds like poor Rush is desperate to get his audience back. It must be tough for him being so irrelevant.
I was on a CNN forum and saw this comment. It's just perfect.

Roger Browning "We're down to a skeleton crew now of a few die-hard haters, residual bible-thumpers and, as always, a handful of hold-outs hiding in the closet. Will the last one out please turn off the lights. The issue is closing."

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#3 May 1, 2013
Yes, if Limbaugh had something rammed down his throat as often as he claims, he'd have to STFU for a while. It's pretty pathetic how he plays the victim all the time. Poor bigot, racist, extremist, homophobe, dumbass prick doesn't like being called what he is, and is going to cry if we don't tolerate his intolerance.

Why are people still listening to this idiot? First time I heard him about 30 years ago... I thought he was an idiot then and he's even worse now. His ego is bigger just like his bank account. He and Bill O'Reilly ought to retire to their own private island somewhere... like Jurassic Park.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#4 May 1, 2013
So speaks Mr. three or four marriages, failed, of course.

Self pity much, Rush? I have never heard such a CIRCUITOUS route of self promotion, making it all about HIM. HE is boo hooing about lack of tolerance?

It reminds me of after Gabby Giffords was shot, after Sarah Palin included a gun-sight over Gabby's name and then Sarah complained about HOW she was being victimized by the mean old left who complained about the gun-sight website.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#5 May 1, 2013
Oh, give us a break, Rush! Waaah, why are all the meanie lefties so intolerant of the intolerant?

Tolerance isn't just some happy peanut butter that you slather on EVERYTHING, which magically makes everyone get along. It takes work, contemplative thought, and deliberate action to make sure you're making room in the world for everyone. But not every ideology DESERVES tolerance. There isn't any room for tolerance of irrational hate, or baseless rejection of good people.

He claims that in the midst of public celebration for Collins, anyone who says "I'm not big on that" gets labeled a bigot or more.

What, exactly, are they "not big on"? Gay people existing? Existing openly? People being true to themselves, and truthful to those around them? Are these really concepts to disdain?

I know. It's "homosexuality" that they aren't big on. So if you think that homosexuality isn't for you, THEN DON'T DO IT! No one will make you. But you don't ALSO need to condemn those who DO feel suited to it.

I'm not a bigot for being a cat-person over a dog-person, but I WOULD be if I were saying that dog-people deserve eternal torture for enjoying what suits them. I shouldn't be applauded if I run around telling dog-owners to keep it to themselves.

And the comparison to the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal. That was SEX we were hearing about. Has Jason Collins told us who he has sex with, and what they do together? No! He's only told us that he belongs to a minority which struggles with social acceptance (something which takes bravery, which is what he's really being celebrated for). THAT'S ALL HE'S SAID. He has not offered details of his sexual activities, and no one has asked him for any.

Rush, if someone is cramming something down your throat on TV or the radio, then CHANGE THE CHANNEL! If you can't find the remote, then check under that gigantic cushion you're sitting on. No one is going to force you to listen to anything against your will.

But don't expect "tolerance" for intolerant ideas, those concepts are incompatible. Find REAL reasons to accuse people of immorality, not simply because they enjoy something with other consenting adults that you don't.
Horace

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 May 1, 2013
Rush Limbaugh for President in 2016!!!

WOO HOI

Palm Springs, California

#7 May 1, 2013
Horace wrote:
Rush Limbaugh for President in 2016!!!
WOO HOI
Using a non lying real name in 2013!!!
Horace

Oklahoma City, OK

#8 May 1, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Using a non lying real name in 2013!!!
Why can't you be a neat gay like the Foxy Dude?
Swede

Sweden

#9 May 1, 2013
I don't know who this Rush Limbaugh is but the man speaks the truth.

Some basketball player says he's gay and that's headline news all over the world? WHO CARES?

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#10 May 1, 2013
Rush.....to what? The never ending cottage fries at the local " Obese Are Us" franchises? LOL!!

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#12 May 1, 2013
Charles wrote:
Just say NO to homosex!!!
Just go back to the "Gay Cafe". You seem to post with such enthusiasm there. Just straight shoot it!

Palm Springs, California

#15 May 1, 2013
Horace wrote:
<quoted text> Why can't you be a neat gay like the Foxy Dude?
Why can't you stop LYING for once?
Sick of Bigots

San Francisco, CA

#19 May 1, 2013
Actually, I'm pretty sure it was rammed up Rush Limbaugh's ass.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#20 May 2, 2013
And to 'THINK' this idiot has a bronze bust of him in the Capitol bldg in MO. With a security camera on it. Speaks volumes about the Republicans in Jefferson City. Oh wait, there is his audience! What a shame!(FYI---The Democrats were NOT invited to that scam)!
Chad

France

#21 May 2, 2013
Limbaugh, however, felt differently. "Why can't everyone just put your sexual preferences on Facebook and call it a day? Why do we need to stop everything and have a national day of celebration, or mourning, depending on your point of view... about this?" the radio host wondered on Tuesday. "And this tolerance only goes one way."

He complained that anyone who does not support Collins is called a "bigot," "racist," "extremist" or "homophobe." "There is no tolerance at all here," Limbaugh alleged. "Not only do these people have to publicly announce it, everyone else has to applaud and accept it."

"If you wanna say you're gay, fine, but does it have to be rammed down everyone's throats all the time?" he added.

WELL SAID RUSH!!! MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY!!!

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#22 May 2, 2013
Chad wrote:
Limbaugh,
Well, Chad(R1), you just keep your irrelevant ramblings to yourself, over there, across the pond.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#24 May 2, 2013
Maybe Rush is confusing Jason Collins with handfuls of the "prescription" meds that he's always shoving down his throat.

I'd almost think Rush was high all the time, but the stoners I know are WAY more lucid and aware of reality than Rush ever is.

Palm Springs, California

#25 May 2, 2013
Chad wrote:
Limbaugh, however, felt differently. "Why can't everyone just put your sexual preferences on Facebook and call it a day? Why do we need to stop everything and have a national day of celebration, or mourning, depending on your point of view... about this?" the radio host wondered on Tuesday. "And this tolerance only goes one way."
He complained that anyone who does not support Collins is called a "bigot," "racist," "extremist" or "homophobe." "There is no tolerance at all here," Limbaugh alleged. "Not only do these people have to publicly announce it, everyone else has to applaud and accept it."
"If you wanna say you're gay, fine, but does it have to be rammed down everyone's throats all the time?" he added.
WELL SAID RUSH!!! MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY!!!
I thought you hadn't HEARD of Blimpaugh, liar, now you are quoting him word for word all of a sudden?

It is so easy to catch you in your constant stream of lies, liar. You make it too easy for me.

Palm Springs, California

#26 May 2, 2013
Chauncey wrote:
<quoted text>What's with the pic of too dudes embracing, are you gay or something?
What's with the cowardly lies, or you a liar or something?

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#27 May 2, 2013
Charles wrote:
Just say NO to homosex!!!
So say no! Who's stopping you? I like it, so I'll say "yes", but that shouldn't stop you from saying no.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Publishing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ukraine's Neo-Nazis Demand Respect 4 hr George 36
Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 4 hr procell 632
John Forbes Cenedella 17 hr DeadShults 3
Cuba's Sending Doctors to Fight Ebola in West A... Sun WE JUST DONT CARE 12
Putin: Autocrat of all the 'Russias' Sat Bubba 1
Minnesota health officials focus on suicide rates Oct 16 Enlighten the Clu... 1
Obama to Netanyahu: Don't Be So Vocal About Ira... (Dec '13) Oct 14 ROSENBERG 5

Publishing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE