Districts work to reduce school dropout rate

Full story: The Clarion-Ledger
Mississippi's education community welcomes a new state dropout prevention initiative, but many school districts already have programs aimed at keeping at-risk students in the classroom. Full Story
Becky

Gulfport, MS

#1 Nov 1, 2006
I feel that by the time a child gets in the middle school, it is known whether they are academically inclined or not. I think that they need to start vocational skills in the middle school for these kids that are not academically inclined. My son is a dropout, and is doing well for himself. I knew when he was in elementary that he was not academically inclined.
grandmother

Winchester, KY

#2 Sep 16, 2009
no wonder our children and grand chidren drop out of school they have no life out side of school they leave for school at 7:30 get out of school at 2:50 come home start all the home work they are assigned get in bed at 11pm then start the same routine the next day the home work is more hours than they spend in school not counting all the projects they are assined to do the the test they are to study for you would think the teachers would realize children need a little time to enjoy thier life 6 hours a day in school is plenty some homework would be fine ? what are they doing at school? teachers
grandmother

Winchester, KY

#3 Sep 16, 2009
oh yes my grandson attends HY LIVESAY HARROGE TN
Dave

Toronto, Canada

#4 Sep 3, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Outsourcing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BOESL plans to send workers to Canada (May '07) Sep 21 Rohan Hasan 504
Telstra takes over Medicare, Centrelink call ce... Sep 17 Rebirthcarver 1
Editorial: Hemet ends long tradition, outsource... Sep 16 Hemet Native 3
Online Maths for Overseas students by Tutors f... (May '06) Sep 14 gbuwgb 195
Buying American-made goods, for some it's more ... (Jul '08) Sep 12 Jeremy 6
Obama Has Big Options For Green Card, H-1B Refo... Jul '14 Amigo 1
Zebra starts layoffs, transition to China (Jul '09) Jun '14 imagetaker71 8

Outsourcing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE