Boeing closure of Carson aircraft par...

Boeing closure of Carson aircraft parts warehouse will affect Long Beach jobs

There are 51 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Nov 17, 2010, titled Boeing closure of Carson aircraft parts warehouse will affect Long Beach jobs. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Boeing Co. plans to close a Carson warehouse for military aircraft parts in a cost-cutting move that will outsource the work to other companies, the the aerospace giant confirmed Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Happy Hoildays

Encinitas, CA

#1 Nov 18, 2010
Thats What We're Here For - To Lay You Off, Big Bonus For The CEO Coming

Since: Sep 10

Leawood, KS

#2 Nov 18, 2010
Free medical for life at 55. More power to you if you can get it, but don't be surprised when your job is outsourced. Companies can not afford these type of free benefits anymore. I was advised this week my family premium is increasing from $196 every two week per pay period to $219 per pay period starting Jan 1. I don't like it, but I have a stable job that supports my family.
Brian Hanson

Long Beach, CA

#3 Nov 18, 2010
How sad for all the people that put in close to 30 yrs, then to be tossed out without medical coverage. Yep, big bonus for the CEO.

Leawood, KS

#4 Nov 18, 2010
Brian Hanson wrote:
How sad for all the people that put in close to 30 yrs, then to be tossed out without medical coverage. Yep, big bonus for the CEO.
Possibly you should rewrite your statement...How sad for all the people that put in close to 30 yrs, then to be tossed out DUE TO UNION NEGOTIATED, UNREALISTIC, EXPENSIVE medical coverage. Yep, big bonus for the CEO.[/

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#5 Nov 18, 2010
Brian Hanson wrote:
Read the entire article. Seniority will have them "bump" to LB and displace others with less service.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6 Nov 18, 2010
Hey morons - the CEO's bonus is NOT based on such a small financial impact as closing a parts warehouse.
These union employees bargained themselves out of a job and the union bargained themselves out of members! Really forward thinking.
Unions Rock

Surfside, CA

#7 Nov 18, 2010
No Sympathy Here wrote:
<quoted text>
Possibly you should rewrite your statement...How sad for all the people that put in close to 30 yrs, then to be tossed out DUE TO UNION NEGOTIATED, UNREALISTIC, EXPENSIVE medical coverage. Yep, big bonus for the CEO.[/
Luckily, Public Employees don't have to worry about breaking the citizens back paying for all their union demands. At least there is one "special" class of citizens who don't have to suffer "real world" consequences like the rest of us.
michael

Ontario, CA

#9 Nov 18, 2010
with brown and the union running this state,you will see companys going out of state every day.who is going to pay all the new taxes.
Angela Duits

Ontario, CA

#10 Nov 18, 2010
Another one bites the Dust. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.
Angela Duits
Long Beach
guest100

Bellflower, CA

#11 Nov 18, 2010
No Sympathy Here wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had any true idea of the amount of profit Boeing is reaping from its aircraft sales and support parts, you would realize that this medical coverage, which the union did negotiate for, is a mere drop in the bucket for Boeing expenses. Also, in case you didnít know, Boeing HAS NOT offered retiree medical or pension benefits to its new hire union employees since 2007. Why not let the employees who have these benefits finish out there time and receive what they were promised? Itís an unethical and greedy move on Boeingís part. Smells like big CEO bonuses
Captain Tom

Ontario, CA

#12 Nov 18, 2010
Unions basically destroyed the mighty Being plant that was once in Long Beach. I've heard that 20 years ago the plant had over 30,000 workers.

Leawood, KS

#13 Nov 18, 2010
guest100 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had any true idea of the amount of profit Boeing is reaping from its aircraft sales and support parts, you would realize that this medical coverage, which the union did negotiate for, is a mere drop in the bucket for Boeing expenses. Also, in case you didnít know, Boeing HAS NOT offered retiree medical or pension benefits to its new hire union employees since 2007. Why not let the employees who have these benefits finish out there time and receive what they were promised? Itís an unethical and greedy move on Boeingís part. Smells like big CEO bonuses
Do the math. In the article, Stan Klemchuk, Union President states outsource of up to 200 jobs. The company I work for pays $1500/month for my family insurance. I pay 26% of this cost. Boeing is out the full $1500/month with free medical for life.$1500/month times 12 months equals $18,000 per year.$18,000 per year times 200 employees equals $3,600,000 per year. This maybe a drop in the bucket to you and the union, but a significant expense per year for 200 employees in the private sector. This does not include the growing cost of health care on a yearly basis that would add to the cost of the free health care for life.
Livinright

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#14 Nov 18, 2010
This scenario will continue to multiply everywhere there are labor unions who have extorted unsustainable agreements.

It's sad to see anybody loose their job, but these folks should be thankful for the decades of much higher than average pay and unusually generous benefits they received.

Unfortunately for many unions the end of the line is here, the ride is over, prepare to get off.

America can't afford you anymore.
Paul R

Surfside, CA

#15 Nov 18, 2010
michael wrote:
with brown and the union running this state,you will see companys going out of state every day.who is going to pay all the new taxes.
Just wait until the hideous impact of AB32 starts running jobs out of the State.
Reality Bites

Long Beach, CA

#16 Nov 18, 2010
Paul R wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wait until the hideous impact of AB32 starts running jobs out of the State.
Good God! I googled that, I'm glad my time in California is limited and I get the hell out of here.
Tom Stewart

Surfside, CA

#17 Nov 18, 2010
Livinright wrote:
This scenario will continue to multiply everywhere there are labor unions who have extorted unsustainable agreements.
It's sad to see anybody loose their job, but these folks should be thankful for the decades of much higher than average pay and unusually generous benefits they received.
Unfortunately for many unions the end of the line is here, the ride is over, prepare to get off.
America can't afford you anymore.
If citizens can't even defend their home state against the alien colonization they certainly won't be able to stop the Unions from plundering the State and forcing it into insolvency.
Concerned American

Las Vegas, NV

#18 Nov 18, 2010
People bemoan the fact that 200 jobs will be lost because of this move by Boeing when, in fact, this is not necessarily true. Sure, 200 people in over-taxed, business unfriendly California may be losing their jobs, but 200 people in low-tax, very business friendly Texas will be gaining employment. Isn't the liberal mantra "redistribution of wealth"? I'm sure this philosophy will carry over to the "redistribution of jobs", and that those people complaining about losing work in California will see the error of their ways and be happy for the newly employed Texans.
some guy

Orange, CA

#19 Nov 18, 2010
Good job California. Boeing stays in the US, but moves out of our state. Like Nissan and the earlier Boeing move to OKC. I wonder when this state will learn.
Red W Blue

Washington, DC

#20 Nov 18, 2010
Thank You ,Stupid Stanley Klemchump, you labor work stoppage did accomplish you main goal of resenting your bargainning unit! Typical union thug agenda; blame management for your inconsiderate behavior toward Boeing stockholders who live in Long Beach and might work at Boeing! Dividends do not grow on trees you swing from a grese monkey, Stupid Stanley!
Red W Blue

Washington, DC

#21 Nov 18, 2010
guest100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Greedy investors of Boeing want dividends and the typical union thug bets on the state lotto,who is the winner? Stupid Stanley tell us why you are, a loser and failure? Maybe you should get elected to state government, Democrats never lose; beacuse the cheat, lie and steal! They never are found guilty!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Outsourcing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Forty Percent of Americans Blame Illegal Immigr... (Feb '13) Mar '18 Johnny 26
News Layoffs begin at Carrier plant that drew Trump'... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Covfefe 50
News Jerry Sandusky and the mind of a pedophile. (Sep '12) Jun '17 Scarsdale CORN 21
News Chinese factory workers making Ivanka clothing ... (Apr '17) May '17 Anonymous 2
News Trump Has Used the Same Visa Program He Now Loo... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Rico from East Lo... 2
News Trump to seek changes in visa program to encour... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Wildchild 1
News Katy Perry takes over Hillary Clintona s Instag... (Oct '15) Apr '17 Dubya 6