China and America: The Balance Is Shi...

China and America: The Balance Is Shifting

There are 4 comments on the story from Nov 29, 2012, titled China and America: The Balance Is Shifting. In it, reports that:

For decades, every trend in manufacturing favored the developing world and worked against the United States. But new tools that greatly speed up development from idea to finished product encourage start-up companies to locate here, not in Asia. Could global trade winds finally be blowing toward America again?

Near the end of this year’s second presidential debate, Candy Crowley of CNN pointed out that iPads, iPhones, and other globally sought-after Apple products are all made in China

What would it take, she asked both Mitt Romney and Barack Obama, to "convince a great American company to bring that manufacturing back here?" I listened to this question with special interest, since I was following the debate, via hotel-room TV, from the Shenzhen manufacturing zone of southern China, where many of those same iPads and iPhones are ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or

Plegde 2da fook

Hanoi, Vietnam

#1 Nov 29, 2012
Knee how ma Dr. Bill_Phd!;)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2 Nov 30, 2012
...Hopefully, americans are beginning to resist buying the shoddy products, imported from China. We may be favorable, when they can raise their quality standards....or retailer's lower their GREED for huge markups.....
Sheik Yerbouti

Doylestown, PA

#3 Nov 30, 2012
The only way these greedy entitles ceo's will bring the jobs back to this country is if they can pay slave wages and abuse their employees like they do in Asia!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4 Nov 30, 2012
Just stop buying chinese it as long as possible, and see who folds first.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Outsourcing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Online Maths for Overseas students by Tutors f... (May '06) Nov 12 ravifm 203
News Katy Perry takes over Hillary Clintona s Instag... Oct '15 amyshelly 5
News Railroad Workers Fight Proposed Job Consolidation Oct '15 B.T. Justice 1
News Who should immigration be helping? Jun '15 Juan 2
News Immigration Reform 2015: H1-B visa abuse being ... Jun '15 wild child 1
News 250 laid-off at Disney, replaced with Indian H1... (Jun '15) Jun '15 wild child 1
News Obama pitches trade at Nike with jobs, labor ri... (May '15) May '15 OId Sailor 2
More from around the web