Marvin Windows
Susan

AOL

#22 Oct 23, 2007
We are having major problems with our Marvin windows. we have replaced some and just noticed rotting on other now. What are you doing about this problem. We have only been in this house for 6-7 years??? Thanks for any info
Susan

AOL

#24 Oct 23, 2007
Please let me know Greg's email I am sooo ready to email him.
claudia

Waterloo, WI

#25 Oct 28, 2007
Steve wrote:
Like Melissa, I replaced all the windows and doors in my house with Marvin 13 years ago. At the time they were selling their wood windows with some sort of a highly touted coating. I don't recall what they called the coating.
All my South facing windows are completely rotten with the casement operators falling apart. Their customer service in Oklahoma City is terrible!
I am considering legal action against Marvin and would like to hear from others who might feel similarly.
Again, like Melissa I would never consider another Marvin product.
Hi Steve. We have same problem. I'm just sick.$28,000 (not including installation) of rot. Let me know if you learn anything re legal action. Thanks.
elaine aol

AOL

#26 Nov 15, 2007
We were going to have Marvin Infinity fiberglass windows installed.Has anyone had any experience with them?
not happy

Canada

#27 Dec 6, 2007
elaine, don't, All our Marvin Infinity Fiberglass Windows leak.

We are still waiting for Marvin to come up with an acceptable solution.
Ann

Peculiar, MO

#28 Dec 7, 2007
I'm on my second panel replacement on a Marvin French door. Of the 3 French doors, I have replaced an operating door on one and am about to replace a stationary on another. The first one was bang on 10 years and no cost for the replacement but I did have to pay the installation of $150. Now I am replacing a stationary panel on another French door after 11 years and the distributor and Marvin are giving me a discount but the Cost will still be $550 installed. I can't say that I'm happy but I doubt any of the competition would be much different.The interesting thing here however, is that the rotting panels are seemingly happenstance with no one door experiencing more than one rotting panel. I'd say that the wood that was used is somewhat suspect. I don't think you can win with these guys.
jeffreybrendon

Hollywood, FL

#29 Dec 9, 2007
My marvin windows were purchased in 2001, they are leaking and rotting is ther some sort of class action suit going on?
Bill Edwards

United States

#30 Dec 25, 2007
I purchased marvin Windows in 1990. I have had problems with Marvin windows since around 1995 and forward for every year. My are related to a double hung window that in the end was just plain bad design. Can't say that Marvin has left me twisting in the wind in the fact that as recently as this past month free replacement parts arrived. Admittedly having a neighbor who owns one of our areas premier supply houses (they got me the contact person)most likely helps.All in all..never again! Got rotted wood to deal with too.
Jack Jones

United States

#31 Dec 29, 2007
Marvin aluminum clad Ultimate Double Hung windows manufactured in Dec. 2001 and installed in 2002 in my new construction. Started refinishing and noticed nearly all are showing signs of water infiltration and early signs of rot. Just found one today that has rot damage. All my windows leak air badly but I have been able to correct this for the most part. I am going to contact Marvin about my issues. I will update after contact.
nikole

Ballwin, MO

#32 Jan 2, 2008
Marvin is not the only company with this issue, I work in a small hardware store in the midwest and see this all the time and from what I hear and I don't know how much truth there is to it. Older wood windows were made of old growth lumber which is a harder more dense lumber, they were also treated with chemicals that were later found to be toxic. Since the "green" movement these products were banned and companies were pushed into using renewable lumber so now it seems they are having issues with these products. I have people who bring in wood sashes that are 50+ years old to get glass fixed or trying to find parts all the time, with the exception of having a ton of paint on them they usually look pretty decent. I am all for "green" products but it looks like we are now seeing the cost of using these products.
Jay

Minneapolis, MN

#33 Jan 6, 2008
I have a small company in the twin cities that repair rotted frames among many other things to do with windows,and most of the time we can get sashes only(if needed)the repairs are done by replacing the entire piece or pieces of rotted wood.its quite a bit cheaper than replacing windows (especially double or triple units)give me an e-mail if your interested [email protected]
John

Bellwood, IL

#34 Jan 9, 2008
Melissa wrote:
I replaced all the windows in my house 14 years ago with Marvin replacements-they are rotting. The vinyl clad is no longer offered as a product-no wonder why. I redid a sunroom with 6 foot windows w/ awnings-they are also rotting. The vinyl is cracked and it looks like driftwood underneath. I have to replace every window in my house. If only Anderson offered the tru-divided lites at the time I would not be facing the expense of replacing my windows. Marvin sticks to their 10 yr warranty! I would not use another Marvin product.
hi, I love my Marvin windows
Steve

Bellwood, IL

#35 Jan 9, 2008
Susan wrote:
We are having major problems with our Marvin windows. we have replaced some and just noticed rotting on other now. What are you doing about this problem. We have only been in this house for 6-7 years??? Thanks for any info
Marvin window are great
Terry

United States

#36 Jan 12, 2008
I installed Marvin Aluminum Clad Casement in 1994 in my new home and I also have wood rot on 12 of the windows. Mosts are on the south side on my house why is that? Just started the process with Marvin I will let you know how it goes. If anyone has any info that will help me let me know. thanks.
travis

Edmond, OK

#37 Jan 14, 2008
i am the distributor for marvin in the state of oklahoma if there is anything i can do please call me at consolidaated builders supply in oklahoma city or tulsa
Craig

United States

#38 Jan 16, 2008
Don't worry your not the only ones, my dad has worked for marvins for 20 years and all the windows in his house are rotted and its past warranty also. they replaced a couple the first year they put them in because they fell apart but never came back to replace the rest.
cub

Auburn Hills, MI

#39 Jan 16, 2008
is there a good replacement window out there i put reliablt in my house and had nothing but problems now i'm trying to find a good replacement window
cub

Auburn Hills, MI

#40 Jan 16, 2008
is there a good replacement window out there i put reliabuit in my house and had nothing but problems what to replacement them with a good window is there one out there
Dave

San Francisco, CA

#41 Jan 16, 2008
I'm about to purchase a whole house of Marvin casement aluminum clad windows in Lafayette Ca. I see Peggy from Lafayette Ca. posted with negative comments. Am I making a mistake? Thanks for your response.
cub

Auburn Hills, MI

#42 Jan 17, 2008
i tried to check on marvin windows and the dealer told (the infinity windows) that only a contractor could install them because the windows are the best make they are made of fiberglass and he would not sell me the windows

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Online Music Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Online Music Promotion For Musicians Dec 4 Ira 2
News 'The Voice' Top Six Recap: Unexpected Songs Ste... (May '15) Sep '17 Titan 3
Can I Sync Apple Music to iPod Classic/Shuffle/... (Apr '17) Sep '17 Anonymous 2
The fonz (Jun '17) Jun '17 Enos 1
Cheap Kitchens Units For Sale In Edinburgh Area UK (Nov '16) Nov '16 Anonymous 1
Sell your Music - UNSIGNED ARTIST WHOTUNE.COM... (Dec '10) Nov '16 aurae williams 2
[Mac] Easily Make Your iTunes Music Library Cle... (Jan '14) Sep '16 JoshFox 5
More from around the web