Any way to make marvin Pay up??????????
Anon

Seattle, WA

#184 Mar 31, 2009
Here are some phone numbers for Marvin:
Dee

Aurora, NE

#185 Apr 3, 2009
I am so glad I found this site. A Marvin rep is to call me this morning. We have visited with the area rep twice now, to no avail!(we live in NE) 10 years ago we replaced double hung windows and wood storm windows with two large metal clad Marvin casements. We have had so much trouble with moisture and ice in the winter that they are rotting out. Last year we replaced the remaining windows with clad Anderson casement windows that are so much better. The Marvin rep has told us, too, to raise the temperature in the house and run a dehumdifier. I always take all the screens off during the winter so there is no restriciton to air movement, run the furnace fan continuously, run ceiling fans and tried the dehumidifier but it would only run efficiently to about 48% humidity. I am so frustrated with their "run around" that I think we will just give up and replace the Marvin's with Anderson's
Sarah wrote:
How sad to learn my problem with Marvin windows in my house is not a rarity. My windows are also rotting, I have ice build up inside my house. Pretty pathetic. I cannot aford new windows again. I take it Marvin does not stand by their product and they are quite allusive.
Amon

Jamestown, NC

#187 Apr 23, 2009
My experience with Windows from Marvin was terible! Pure junk sold crooks!!!!
windowdoorlawsui t com

Spotsylvania, VA

#188 Apr 26, 2009
I am investigating the Marvin window and door rot issue and am very interested in hearing from Marvin customers who have rotting windows and doors.
Please email me at [email protected] and visit my website at www.windowdoorlawsuit.com .
When you email please provide the following information:
1. Your full name, address and telephone number.
2. Year you purchased your Marvin products.
3. A good time to contact you.
4. Your email address.
5. A description of your experience with Marvin windows and doors.
6. Are your windows and doors a clad exterior or a painted exterior?
7. Have you hired an attorney?
8. Have you signed a liability release with Marvin?
Matt Roetter, President
Roetter Window and Door Company, Inc.
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.windowdoorlawsuit.com
employee

Ireland

#189 Apr 27, 2009
test
Greg

Elkhart, IN

#190 Apr 28, 2009
Melissa wrote:
I replaced all the windows in my house 14 years ago with Marvin replacements-they are rotting. The vinyl clad is no longer offered as a product-no wonder why. I redid a sunroom with 6 foot windows w/ awnings-they are also rotting. The vinyl is cracked and it looks like driftwood underneath. I have to replace every window in my house. If only Anderson offered the tru-divided lites at the time I would not be facing the expense of replacing my windows. Marvin sticks to their 10 yr warranty! I would not use another Marvin product.
I purchased a new home 4 years ago with Anderson windows, All are made with soft wood and have mold growing in the wood. The bathroom window rotted out after 2 years. I called Anderson and the said I had too much mositure in my house and the problem was mine to fix. So good luck on your Anderson windows.
Sherry

Larue, TX

#191 Apr 29, 2009
I have $13K in Marvin aluminum clad windows installed in Nov of 97 with rot.
Is there a class action lawsuit and how does one participate?
Eric

Hutchinson, MN

#192 Apr 29, 2009
The key to any window is installation. Period!
Another is do not purchase a wood on the exterior. And my question for the people "just" discovering their problems after 5,10 or whatever years. This stuff just not happen overnight! Maintenance...Check you windows periodically. Marvin has a strong 10 year warranty on most windows they ssll. Most of you people waited to long its obvious. The new Marvin Infinity is a solid window and if installed properly will provide many years of satisfaction. BTW, I am not an employee, distributor or installer of Marvin.
Jack

Philadelphia, PA

#193 May 2, 2009
We installed 21 Marvin Double Hung Aluminum Clad windows in 1995. We have had absolutely no trouble with the windows as of this date. (5/09).
Cris

Saint Paul, MN

#194 May 5, 2009
I am looking at the Marvin Infinity Fiberglass Windows.

Has anyone had an experience with these? Another rep told me the fiberglass with yellow, the Marvin rep said it wouldn't.

Window reps are like used car salesmen.
Alan

Redlands, CA

#195 May 7, 2009
Melissa wrote:
I replaced all the windows in my house 14 years ago with Marvin replacements-they are rotting. The vinyl clad is no longer offered as a product-no wonder why. I redid a sunroom with 6 foot windows w/ awnings-they are also rotting. The vinyl is cracked and it looks like driftwood underneath. I have to replace every window in my house. If only Anderson offered the tru-divided lites at the time I would not be facing the expense of replacing my windows. Marvin sticks to their 10 yr warranty! I would not use another Marvin product.
Melissa, number one Marvin doesn't use vinyl they use all wood or aluminum clad, number two I don't know what kind of car you own but if it is a Mercedes,Ferrari, Ford or Chevy I don't think they would replace your car if something went bad after 14 years, they would fix it at a substantial charge. Fact is Marvin makes the best window in America and stands behind it I have been selling Marvin for over twenty years and they are simply the best.
Paul

United States

#196 May 18, 2009
I have the same problem. House built in early 90s. All Marvin Casement windows with two three light sliders. Problems on the west and south sides especially. Windows are rotting and crankout hardware is rusting. Terrible product design. The window seals are ineffective.
windowdoorlawsui t com

United States

#197 May 18, 2009
Does anyone have rotting casement or awning windows with metal exterior clad located in Texas? I would like to hear about your wood rot problems. Send an email to [email protected]

Thanks,
Matt Roetter, President
Web: windowdoorlawsuit.com
gary

United States

#198 May 19, 2009
HAVE YOU READ!!!the overwhelmingly negative experiences the customers of Marvin have had? I've read most all of them, including the responses by the smattering of Marvin "lovers" who would undoubtedly be connected in some way to Marvin,if there was a way to investigate.

I had the same experiences as the majority of the people in this forum. The rep who came out to look, accused me of poor maintenance, insufficient overhangs, blah, blah, blah right from the get go. I persisted enough to get him to admit that the windows had been manufactured with faulty product. The "decision" I waited for was a ridiculous 10% discount on new windows. Yeah right!!! Let's see..35 windows X $$$....in this economy!!! get real!!! I pray night and day that the company will be driven into the ground. Where are all the class action lawsuits? It would be the only way to put them under. Hey everyone, "Crap" as a descriptive does not sufficiently describe their product nor their cowardly way of dealing with the problem.
Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Melissa, number one Marvin doesn't use vinyl they use all wood or aluminum clad, number two I don't know what kind of car you own but if it is a Mercedes,Ferrari, Ford or Chevy I don't think they would replace your car if something went bad after 14 years, they would fix it at a substantial charge. Fact is Marvin makes the best window in America and stands behind it I have been selling Marvin for over twenty years and they are simply the best.
George

United States

#199 May 22, 2009
I am replacing old rotten windows in an office building I recently purchased. My contactor (a master carpenter) and I met with the Marvin distributor today. I received a proposal to replace 13 windows with Integrity windows from Marvin. My contractor swears by their quality and value for the money, and I swear by my contractor's ability to install them properly.

I've remodeled several buildings over the years and it amazes me how much bad construction work there is out there. There are too many hacks and cheap-skates taking too many short-cuts and cutting too many corners.
windowdoorlawsui t com

United States

#200 May 28, 2009
If you purchased Marvin wood windows or doors from 1990 to present and have water infiltration or wood rot issues, please contact me. A Marvin consumer class action lawsuit was settled for the time period 1985 to 1989 and those claims are concluded.

Therefore, send an email about your experience with rotting Marvin windows or doors to [email protected]

Respectfully,
Matt Roetter, Pres.
Web: www.windowdoorlawsuit.com
Email: [email protected]
Karina

Santa Clara, CA

#201 Jun 1, 2009
Hi Steve,
Were you able to resolve the rotted window issue with Marvin? Just found out the dormers in my attic are falling apart. Can't get to the outside to see or touch the dormer. The roof is very steep and high and contractors can't get up there. Don't know what to do. The house was built with Marvin windows in 1997.
Thanks,
Karina
Alexandria MN

Saint Cloud, MN

#202 Jun 2, 2009
Cris wrote:
I am looking at the Marvin Infinity Fiberglass Windows.
Has anyone had an experience with these? Another rep told me the fiberglass with yellow, the Marvin rep said it wouldn't.
Window reps are like used car salesmen.
Hi Minneapolis,
I am replacing all of my Marvin windows due to mold, rotting and leaking. We bought the home from previous owner 2 years ago when it was 9.5 years old. Have a feeling they knew what they were selling--a house in need of new windows! Marvin is looking at the pictures currently and we will see what they say. I have wood windows, not the Fiberglass. We'll see what the customer service is like.
Mad in LA

Metairie, LA

#203 Jun 8, 2009
All my Marvin Windows rot. Every year we spend thousands of dollars repairing them. We live in Louisiana and the wood they use is not good for our weather. Probably have spent $50,000 so far repairing windows. Do not buy Marvin Windows!!!!
We maintain the windows every year and it still does not help!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Online Music Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Orlando Shooting Was a Hoax - Drill - False Flag Jun '16 TheMediaLies 1
News WeRmp3.com Has Over 5 Million Songs and Only 8 ... (Feb '09) May '16 ohyesidid 46
News Did new Michael Jackson anthologies empty the v... (Jul '13) Apr '16 Rome 25
Beyonce Hangs A "Snitch" Named Kendrick Mar '16 KnutesNiche 2
The Thrill Feb '16 KWAN 1
News A look at iTunes over the years (Jan '16) Jan '16 grabbetterlife 1
Aggro Driver '81 industrial music app (FREE!) (May '15) May '15 rivetjoe 1
More from around the web