Pink Floyd wins battle over the dark ...

Pink Floyd wins battle over the dark side of iTunes: Breaking u...

There are 6 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 12, 2010, titled Pink Floyd wins battle over the dark side of iTunes: Breaking u.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Album lovers may rejoice a little at last: A British court says Pink Floyd, purveyor of iTunes-unfriendly concept records, cannot be unbundled.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Freedom Lover

Hartford, CT

#1 Mar 12, 2010
Anyone who would buy only 1 or 2 tracks of Dark Side of the Moon, should be banned from listening to music.
Comments

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Mar 12, 2010
Freedom Lover wrote:
Anyone who would buy only 1 or 2 tracks of Dark Side of the Moon, should be banned from listening to music.
Oh, I don't know, I have made albums complete again, and fully playable by "...buy(ing) only 1 or 2 tracks of..." several CDs where the tracks got wrecked. That's the beauty of a free market. But if your point is that Dark Side of the Moon should, like many albums, be experienced sequentially, I agree.
Gus

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Mar 12, 2010
How odd. Are they going to prevent radio stations from playing "Money" or "Comfortably Numb"?
jgmh

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Mar 12, 2010
..........a matter of fact, it's all dark!
Masterpiece

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Mar 12, 2010
Dark Side of the Moon is a masterpiece.
Which one is Pink

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Mar 12, 2010
So who is Pink Floyd in this lawsuit? The original surviving members, David Gilmour, who I think owns the name now, Roger Waters, who?
Would be nice if it was all of them, united in at least this effort.
BTW, is Roger Waters coming to the the Twin Cities?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Online Music Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aggro Driver '81 industrial music app (FREE!) May '15 rivetjoe 1
Britney Spears and Iggy Azalea Perform "Pretty ... May '15 musicjehad 1
News 'The Voice' Top Six Recap: Unexpected Songs Ste... May '15 A Whistling Tune 1
Where's this music from?! Apr '15 Sirmantha James 1
T-Mobile and YouTube Will Live Stream Coachella Apr '15 musicjehad 1
Music Survey Mar '15 iSchoolMusicSurve... 1
Are you a Music Fan? Take part in our short Mus... (Jun '14) Mar '15 Pretty N Pick 4
More from around the web