What's the best format for storing di...

What's the best format for storing digital movies?

There are 4 comments on the LA Daily News story from Jan 17, 2014, titled What's the best format for storing digital movies?. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Having a bit of a clear out, I thought I would rip some old DVDs to free up some space, as I did with my music collection some years ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

jangkrik

Indonesia

#1 Jan 17, 2014
for me mkv is the best particularly when combined with xbmc as media center on linux box

Since: Jun 08

Walnut, CA

#2 Jan 18, 2014
MKV is a good choice. And AVI format can keep the good quality. MP4 format is good for portable devices. If you don't know how to rip DVD, this tutorial will help you.

http://www.reviewstown.com/how-to-convert-dvd...

Hope it helps. Feel free to email me if you need further help.

Since: Feb 14

Mumbai, India

#3 Feb 5, 2014
Its AVI Format
Jesse

UK

#4 Mar 10, 2014
"AVI" format is one of the best by compatibility with video editing programs (e.g. "VirtualDub").

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Online Music Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aggro Driver '81 industrial music app (FREE!) May '15 rivetjoe 1
Britney Spears and Iggy Azalea Perform "Pretty ... May '15 musicjehad 1
News 'The Voice' Top Six Recap: Unexpected Songs Ste... May '15 A Whistling Tune 1
Where's this music from?! Apr '15 Sirmantha James 1
T-Mobile and YouTube Will Live Stream Coachella Apr '15 musicjehad 1
Music Survey Mar '15 iSchoolMusicSurve... 1
Are you a Music Fan? Take part in our short Mus... (Jun '14) Mar '15 Pretty N Pick 4
More from around the web