Play On Theater Still Looking for New...

Play On Theater Still Looking for New Home

There are 3 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from May 2, 2013, titled Play On Theater Still Looking for New Home. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

On Sunday, the performance of Doctor Dolittle was Play On's last show at the IX Building Theater.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Dude

Purcellville, VA

#1 May 5, 2013
Come on City Council and provide a home for these people. At least these folks are doing something which is more than I can say for most of the gems that you provide with homes.
Amanda

Charlottesville, VA

#2 May 5, 2013
I've already made a cash donation to Play On. What's really sad is that in a town that is supposedly a champion of the arts that a group like this should struggle to get $20,000. Live Arts raised $2 MILLION for its theatre on Water Street, and millions were also spent on the Paramount.

And while "Dude's" heart is in the right place in his comment before mine, Play On has done the RIGHT thing by not running to government with its hands out and mouth open. We should encourage proper private funding of things like community theatres...and we do it by supporting it with individuals in the community.

This is a valuable member of the C'ville arts community. Please give as generously as you can but give something. If you don't have money to spare, go down and volunteer an hour or two to help them put their items into storage.
sorrybut

Charlottesville, VA

#3 May 6, 2013
Sorry, but I can tell you that PlayOn's husband and wife team leadership has alienated MANY people in the theater community. They are notoriously difficult to work with and have ignored offers to help them market and develop the theater. Most people have never heard of PlayOn before this. They have lost a number of volunteers because of their attitude. It's a shame, because PlayOn is the only true community theater left in Cville, but some of their problems are of their own doing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Non-Profit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Erie region needs strong city of Erie: Bob Merski Aug 23 free stuff 7
News Minnesota kids too fat to fight, ex-generals say Aug 16 Little Boy Blue 17
News Home care for tens of thousands of seniors in O... Aug 15 Mother Theresa Sp... 2
News Home care for tens of thousands of seniors in O... Aug 15 Mother Theresa Sp... 2
News Group behind anti-abortion videos is something ... Aug 14 Food for Thought 10
News Job fair with more than 40 employers coming to ... Aug 12 discocrisco 1
News Remaining Occupy protesters plead a no contesta... Aug 11 West side 54
More from around the web