Florida legislature moves to ban inte...

Florida legislature moves to ban internet cafes following arrests

There are 32 comments on the reuters.com story from Mar 14, 2013, titled Florida legislature moves to ban internet cafes following arrests. In it, reuters.com reports that:

The resignation of Florida's lieutenant governor, Jennifer Carroll, and the arrests of 57 people charged with money laundering and racketeering has sparked a stampede in the state legislature to shut down hundreds of "internet cafes," whose online gambling operations have been allowed to skirt the law for several years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at reuters.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#24 Mar 16, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Has Scott done any improper things since being elected governor? I am not giving him any excuses from his past.

But you're striving to give him one PRESENTLY.
serfsup

Merritt Island, FL

#25 Mar 16, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're striving to give him one PRESENTLY.
I asked has he done anything as governor that is improper. We know the past. Can't do anything about it. Perhaps if the Dems ran a better candidate Scott would have lost. He had the baggage and still won. You make your elected officials gods. You make excuses for them. Its a 24 hour job. while most Americans tried to survive they didn't study how to get over the system and skate with all of the laws enacted. But times got tough and others started asking questions and wanting to join in. You don't like that. So they have two choices. Back up politicians who try to get the budget under control and they seem not to or become part of system. either way its a wake up call for you. We're here, we're near, and we ain't going away. Its our turn to get paid. p.s....The original tea party mantra was end the wars, lower taxes, and bring freedom back. The tea party was taken over by the elitists who control the Repub party with the blessing of the elitists who control the Dem party.
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#26 Mar 18, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Has Scott done any improper things since being elected governor? I am not giving him any excuses from his past.
So now convicted embezzlers are qualified to be public servants?

Has Florida did away with back ground checks on account of Rick Scott's stellar rehabilitation with sticky fingers or, was Scott simply to Big to Jail?
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#27 Mar 18, 2013
It's not the folks in Florida "Can't do anything about it" but rather you guys chose to reward a Corrupt thief and engineer of one of the biggest medicare scams in the history of Capitalism in America in an industry that is unregulated and consumes 1/16th of the American GDP.

A thief of Public Funds was rewarded with the position of Chief Executive Office of a well populated State.

It's not you can't do anything, you consciously choose to reward a corrupt thief.
serfsup wrote:
<quoted text> I asked has he done anything as governor that is improper. We know the past. Can't do anything about it. Perhaps if the Dems ran a better candidate Scott would have lost. He had the baggage and still won. You make your elected officials gods. You make excuses for them. Its a 24 hour job. while most Americans tried to survive they didn't study how to get over the system and skate with all of the laws enacted. But times got tough and others started asking questions and wanting to join in. You don't like that. So they have two choices. Back up politicians who try to get the budget under control and they seem not to or become part of system. either way its a wake up call for you. We're here, we're near, and we ain't going away. Its our turn to get paid. p.s....The original tea party mantra was end the wars, lower taxes, and bring freedom back. The tea party was taken over by the elitists who control the Repub party with the blessing of the elitists who control the Dem party.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#28 Mar 19, 2013
serfsup wrote:
<quoted text> I asked has he done anything as governor that is improper. We know the past. Can't do anything about it. Perhaps if the Dems ran a better candidate Scott would have lost. He had the baggage and still won. You make your elected officials gods. You make excuses for them. Its a 24 hour job. while most Americans tried to survive they didn't study how to get over the system and skate with all of the laws enacted. But times got tough and others started asking questions and wanting to join in. You don't like that. So they have two choices. Back up politicians who try to get the budget under control and they seem not to or become part of system. either way its a wake up call for you. We're here, we're near, and we ain't going away. Its our turn to get paid. p.s....The original tea party mantra was end the wars, lower taxes, and bring freedom back. The tea party was taken over by the elitists who control the Repub party with the blessing of the elitists who control the Dem party.
"while most Americans tried to survive they didn't study how to get over the system and skate with all of the laws enacted".

Rick Scott did and you make excuses for him.

"Scott who beat Alex Sink in the Florida Governor’s race, admitted to 14 counts of Medicare fraud and paid the federal government more than $600 million dollars in fines for his fraudulent billing practices".

"He also left owning 10 million shares of stock worth over $350 million, mostly from his initial investment In 1999, Columbia/HCA changed its name back to HCA, Inc.”

Now that he's ripped off the taxpayer and HCA and a multi millionaire, "He's a good boy".

"Its our turn to get paid".

The corporate loving republicans have been.

Since Reagan.
serfs up

Merritt Island, FL

#29 Mar 19, 2013
<quoted text>
"while most Americans tried to survive they didn't study how to get over the system and skate with all of the laws enacted".
Rick Scott did and you make excuses for him.
"Scott who beat Alex Sink in the Florida Governor’s race, admitted to 14 counts of Medicare fraud and paid the federal government more than $600 million dollars in fines for his fraudulent billing practices".
"He also left owning 10 million shares of stock worth over $350 million, mostly from his initial investment In 1999, Columbia/HCA changed its name back to HCA, Inc.”
Now that he's ripped off the taxpayer and HCA and a multi millionaire, "He's a good boy".
"Its our turn to get paid".
The corporate loving republicans have been.
Since Reagan.
You guys make more excuses then carter has liver pills. i don't care about Repubs getting paid. I care about me. That is the mantra of the progressives. You better deal with it. There are many people who can collect who are not right now. Plus the boomers are retiring. If Scott did that, go get him. Go ahead. Its the corporate Repubs who told the people living in cities to leave them as thier taxes tripled and quadripled while their neighborhoods changed into savage landscapes. The victims never shown on television because of a biased media. No blame for you. These personal experiences makes an impression on people. Its hard to forget violent encounters. They were all good boys. I swear it.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#30 Mar 19, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> You guys make more excuses then carter has liver pills. i don't care about Repubs getting paid. I care about me. That is the mantra of the progressives. You better deal with it. There are many people who can collect who are not right now. Plus the boomers are retiring. If Scott did that, go get him. Go ahead. Its the corporate Repubs who told the people living in cities to leave them as thier taxes tripled and quadripled while their neighborhoods changed into savage landscapes. The victims never shown on television because of a biased media. No blame for you. These personal experiences makes an impression on people. Its hard to forget violent encounters. They were all good boys. I swear it.
The usual 'serf's out' gibberish.
serfs up

Merritt Island, FL

#31 Mar 19, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>The usual 'serf's out' gibberish.
More info then ur diseased azz prints. Your like pravda.

Hypoluxo Fl

#32 Mar 19, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> More info then ur diseased azz prints. Your like pravda.
gibberish.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#33 Mar 19, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> You guys make more excuses then carter has liver pills. i don't care about Repubs getting paid. I care about me. That is the mantra of the progressives. You better deal with it. There are many people who can collect who are not right now. Plus the boomers are retiring. If Scott did that, go get him. Go ahead. Its the corporate Repubs who told the people living in cities to leave them as thier taxes tripled and quadripled while their neighborhoods changed into savage landscapes. The victims never shown on television because of a biased media. No blame for you. These personal experiences makes an impression on people. Its hard to forget violent encounters. They were all good boys. I swear it.
Seems you're the one make excuses.

Teabaggers are always whining about we've got to cut welfare and medicaid to the poor because they "abuse" it but when a teabagger steals the money through outright theft.

They make excuses and elect them.

"Its the corporate Repubs who told the people living in cities to leave them as thier taxes tripled and quadripled while their neighborhoods changed into savage landscapes".

Yes they did all while ignoring the fact that Rick stole TAX MONEY.

But cry bloody murder when someone poor is receiving benefits of 1/10th of 1% of what Scott fraudulently obtained.

Poor teabagger.

Hypoluxo Fl

#34 Mar 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Seems you're the one make excuses.
Teabaggers are always whining about we've got to cut welfare and medicaid to the poor because they "abuse" it but when a teabagger steals the money through outright theft.
They make excuses and elect them.
"Its the corporate Repubs who told the people living in cities to leave them as thier taxes tripled and quadripled while their neighborhoods changed into savage landscapes".
Yes they did all while ignoring the fact that Rick stole TAX MONEY.
But cry bloody murder when someone poor is receiving benefits of 1/10th of 1% of what Scott fraudulently obtained.
Poor teabagger.
Hey now, watch that. If we cut Medicare and Medicaid, who's Scott going to rip off?
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#35 Mar 20, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Hey now, watch that. If we cut Medicare and Medicaid, who's Scott going to rip off?
What's left.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Non-Profit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Meet the retired nurse who pays women not to ha... Jun 24 cpeter1313 1
News Environmental nonprofit leader seeking Santa Cr... Jun 22 Woof 5
News Danbury Hospital Launches Outpatient Palliative... Jun 20 ELISE GINGERICH 1
News Creature Feature: Kittens like Tommy are waitin... Jun 16 Thomas 1
News Cycle trail from Sudbury to the Soo to open nex... Jun 15 Bike 1
News has brought in Susan Stanton (Feb '10) Jun 7 Gregorio49 6
News Planned Parenthood brags about defeating law ba... May 31 cpeter1313 1
More from around the web