Pastor sentenced to death in Iran freed

Sep 8, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Click Orlando

A Christian pastor sentenced to death in Iran for apostasy was reunited with his family Saturday after a trial court acquitted him, said a nonprofit group monitoring the case.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9

Since: Apr 12

Walnut Creek, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

Judged:

Great news! But 3 years in jail for this is still unjustified...

"He was arrested in 2009 after he lodged a protest with local education officials after learning his child was being forced to read from the Quran, the Muslim holy book, in school.

He was charged with apostasy and convicted in a provincial court -- which sentenced him to death."
Pike Bishop

Nicosia, Cyprus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

Judged:

The Quran is as holy as Hitler's Mein Kampf.

Walnut Creek, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

Judged:

chinese version from my church's email broadcast...

http://bit.ly/U3rU8w

I know you don't read chinese... but just to show how the community is happy for the release.
Jinn Martini

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

Judged:

It would have been better if they had stoned him to death.
One pedophile less ...
BMW

Santee, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

Judged:

Jinn Martini wrote:
One pedophile less ...
Why don't you go and jump from a bridge. One fool less!

Walnut Creek, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

Judged:

Rusty Tin Can wrote:
chinese version from my church's email broadcast...
http://bit.ly/U3rU8w
I know you don't read chinese... but just to show how the community is happy for the release.
Lol! Out of curiosity, I tried Google-Translate of the article (chinese to english). Here's how Google-Translate went wrong from the 1st paragraph:

"...this pastor was forced to become a devout Christian and a model."

the chinese text actually says:

"...this persecuted pastor has become a model for devout christians."
BMW

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Judged:

Jinn Martini wrote:
One pedophile less ...
Forgive the harsh words of my previous post Jinn.
But i am a pedophile too, so i obviously feel the fears that pastor must have been through.

Jesus loves you.
Karol

Kraków, Poland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

It is well that they have released this man. it was not criminal. Itmeans that these Persian leaders are merciful and good people.
Iranians, who are apparently innocent, honest and good people. And if they need convertion to Christianity-they should know legalized Christian religions like Catholicor Orthodox Christianity.
By the way Jesus Christ came to sinners and not to people, who are morally o'k'/ And it would be better if criminals ( hard, disgusting sinners )from Usa, Britain, Issrael and some another countries like Saudi arabia, Turkey would know Holy Bible of Jesus Christ. Christ came to change sinners and not these people, who are good, poor, innocent. They can and should read New Testament, but clearly that they are close to God in their lives.
pushstart

Thunder Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Anyone not like the pure Iranians if had a chance will be shot on site by the Iranian government. That is there way! Being a white anglo-saxon christian is death by sentence in Iran if you speak up about it! Some country! and it's flawed society and religious cult! What a joke!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••